TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cool article on supersnakes in movie

Torched10

I think Steve is talking about them saying 13 Supersnake Mustangs worth $1.23M being wrecked. I think that only one or two were built for the move (I'm sure Steve will correct for me). Most of the cars wrecked in the movie were plane jane mustangs with paint. Even some six cyls I believe.

Heres trailer for the movie.the scene has a snake being driven and wrecked.movie got awful movie reviews lol 1.5\5.I don't see it as being fake

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MoW_5-lAho

I don't even see "Super Snake" headrest covers. I see some "Shelby" snake headrest covers, a Super Snake has headrest covers that say "Super Snake" with the snake logo................something looks fishy, even in that trailer. I'll bet that is a Mustang GT with a GT500 front clip to match a Super Snake hood and some stripes and side scoops added to fool the masses....<<<Much cheaper to thrash and trash.........and fool the masses.......

R

Edited by Robert M

Heres trailer for the movie.the scene has a snake being driven and wrecked.movie got awful movie reviews lol 1.5\5.I don't see it as being fake

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MoW_5-lAho

How about we start with the claim that $1.23 million dollars worth of Super Snakes were "wrecked" in making the movie. Fact is not a single SS was wrecked. All the wrecked, damaged, totaled cars shown in the movie were Ford Mustang's dolled up to look like Super Snake's.

And moving onto the claim that SAI built 7 identical Super Snakes for the film. 100% untrue. In fact SAI did not build any cars on behalf of the production company for use in this movie. There was one authentic SS used for the hero shots in the movie and that SS was privately owned by someone who loaned/rented their personal SS for use in the movie.

Next item, SAI did not ship a single car to Bulgaria for use in this movie. In fact I'm confident that Shelby American has never shipped a car to Bulgaria in the history of SAI. Just another untrue statement from this author.

Onto the next item. The authors claim that 7 original Shelby's ultimately became 13 wrecked Shelby's is laughable. So according to this author a movie production assistant in Bulgaria now builds Shelby's Super Snakes by using parts from wrecked Ford Mustang's?

Now onto the authors claim that the base GT500 makes 662hp with a top speed of over 200mph. Perhaps the author needs to understand the difference between a 2007-09 GT500 and a 2013-14 GT500.

And his last claim that one of the Super Snakes was rescued from the "scrap yard" and fixed up. Again no Super Snakes were hurt in the making of this movie.

OP, please re-watch the movie more closely and you'll see Ford Mustang's that have been made up to appear to be Super Snakes. Also if you run a search here on Team Shelby using the search word 'getaway' you'll find several threads on this movie where others were disappointed in how cheesy these SS knock-offs were.

Steven

Steve, come on now. It's on the Internet. It has to be true...

What irks me about that article is the amount of complete fabrication that went into the writing of it. If there was an error or two on an easily overlooked item, for example if they author had claimed that SS hoods were carbon fiber, thats a mistake thats easily made. FYI, Super Snake hoods are fiberglass and no the author did not claim they were carbon fiber, I'm just using this as an example of what an honest mistake could be.

But the claims this author made were fabrication on someone's part. Did he make these outlandish claims so that his article would be noticed and make the rounds on the internet, if so there's no excuse for that. Or did he rely on info provided by someone else and didn't take the time to vet the info before publishing it, again if this was the case there is no excuse for that either.

My intent was not to hammer the OP of this thread but as Tony said, just because you read it on the internet doesn't mean its true. All the author of this article has done with this article is open the door for scammers to now claim they have for sale one of the Super Snakes that was used in the movie Getaway and of course the scammer will refer to this article as their proof.

Steven