TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for Original Owner of My 2011Kona Blue GT500 SVT Package

BDNick2572

Around a Year ago I purchased a 2011 Kona Blue GT500 from a dealership in ohio with the SVT package and was a factory stripe delete with 15K Miles. The dealer couldnt tell me who was the previous owner due to privacy laws but could tell me it came out of Canada. Car had Forgestar F14's, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Borla Axle Backs, 2013 upper grill when purchased. Im begining to mod the car and have found many mods I wasnt aware were on the car when I purchased it such as 1 piece driveshaft, Driveshaft Loop, MGW Shifter, Aftermarket heat exchanger with fan switch under dash. Im hoping to find the original owner and learn about the car and maybe any other mods that have been done to the car. Any Info would be helpful.

post-46856-0-64627800-1507430639_thumb.jpg

Edited by BDNick2572

Have you researched what Canada's motor vehicle regulations are when it come to providing previous owner info? Perhaps Canada can release that sort of info as they might not have as many privacy laws as we have here in the U.S.

Also have you Googled the cars VIN number to see if you can locate any for sale ads that may have been put up by the owner before he traded the car in?

Does the car have any car club decals on it?

Steven

Have you researched what Canada's motor vehicle regulations are when it come to providing previous owner info? Perhaps Canada can release that sort of info as they might not have as many privacy laws as we have here in the U.S.

Also have you Googled the cars VIN number to see if you can locate any for sale ads that may have been put up by the owner before he traded the car in?

Does the car have any car club decals on it?

Steven

I have not researched into Canadian laws to see if they could release that information. The car didnt have any club markings or any other markings that I can find that would give me any leads. I have googled the vin and that didnt lead to anything either. It did however come with certificates for the Shelby Registry, Is there a way to look into that data base to find the Previous owner?

Edited by BDNick2572

I have not researched into Canadian laws to see if they could release that information. The car didnt have any club markings or any other markings that I can find that would give me any leads. I have googled the vin and that didnt lead to anything either. It did however come with certificates for the Shelby Registry, Is there a way to look into that data base to find the Previous owner?

Yes and no. We can certainly check the Registry for you but are not able to give out owner info due to privacy issues. We can try to reach out to the previous owner on your behalf and let them know that the new owner would like to make contact, success rate on that is not great but we could try.

Email me the cars VIN number and we'll go from there. My email is in my signature line below.

Yes and no. We can certainly check the Registry for you but are not able to give out owner info due to privacy issues. We can try to reach out to the previous owner on your behalf and let them know that the new owner would like to make contact, success rate on that is not great but we could try.

Email me the cars VIN number and we'll go from there. My email is in my signature line below.

Email Sent. Appreciate all your help

Steve, suggestion for the registry: A check box that confirms the owner (is/is not) willing to be contacted by SAI about the registry entry by future owners.

It's cool that the owner was here! Maybe he'll come back for a little bit.

Yes one of the top items on the Registry overhaul checklist is to give owners the option to make their Registry info public or private. Currently all current & past Registry entries do not have this option so all entries must be treated as private. During the Registry overhaul we could certainly consider adding a third option as you've suggested. For example we could have 1) Private, 2) Private except for subsequent owners, or 3) Public.