TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2018 Production Reduced??

CD3

Just heard from my dealer that his Ford rep told him Ford randomly pulled some 18 GT350's from production. Said my order was "OK" but will be pushed to Spring delivery.

Anyone else hearing that.

My order was placed 7 weeks ago.

Just heard from my dealer that his Ford rep told him Ford randomly pulled some 18 GT350's from production. Said my order was "OK" but will be pushed to Spring delivery.

Anyone else hearing that.

My order was placed 7 weeks ago.

Not sure what your dealer means by "randomly pulled" but if he is claiming that Ford is pulling built GT350's off the assembly line and stashing them away in a warehouse then you may want to question what other tall tales he's telling his customers.

Now if he's trying to say that total 2018 GT350 production will be less than 2017 production, yes that is correct and has been discussed here on TS along with other Mustang enthusiast websites. If I can find that thread I'll post a link to it.

Steven

OP

The orders are not being pulled randomly. There was an article released back in August stating that production would be interrupted/stopped for a couple of months. Depending on where you were in the order qeue your car may be delayed. Here is a copy of the supposedly leaked Ford document.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/the-2018-shelby-gt350-production-run-is-truly-limited/

I make no claim as to the accuracy of this article or document. Just posting as an FYI.

OP

The orders are not being pulled randomly. There was an article released back in August stating that production would be interrupted/stopped for a couple of months. Depending on where you were in the order qeue your car may be delayed. Here is a copy of the supposedly leaked Ford document.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/the-2018-shelby-gt350-production-run-is-truly-limited/

I make no claim as to the accuracy of this article or document. Just posting as an FYI.

That's probably what his stealer meant. Seems reasonable to me. :shrug:

Thanks for the comments.

He told me today they are just moving my order to Spring production and that my car will be built.

Time will tell. If mine doesn't get built I will be hot on the trail for a 17.

All good either way.