TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quick Lane Las Vegas, NV

TEvans

Gaudin Ford on the 215. Oil changes are not considered rocket science and they shove cars as quickly as they can. I wouldn't go to the lane first, I'd go to regular service and tell them it's a GT350 with special filter torque requirements etc. I was told my GT wouldn't go through it due to the belly pan. I used to have the service contact that Gary Ackerman (Gaudin owner) said I should call but I doubt it's accurate any more.

Edited by twobjshelbys

• 1 month later...

Spoke to Ford Country's Quick Lane and they don't have the oil filter wrench for the GT350's. Talked to regular service and they were shocked. Service manager said they have the oil filter wrench on order. Ford Country sells GT350's but they can't do oil changes on them unless you provide them they wrench you received from Ford.

Spoke to Ford Country's Quick Lane and they don't have the oil filter wrench for the GT350's. Talked to regular service and they were shocked. Service manager said they have the oil filter wrench on order. Ford Country sells GT350's but they can't do oil changes on them unless you provide them they wrench you received from Ford.

Try reaching out to Jeremy Roberts at Gaudin Ford. Jeremy previously worked here at SAI and should be able to find a solution for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ford provides you with the wrench if your purchased it new.  My GT350 is second hand and Ford doesn't provide 2nd owner the wrench and the previous owner did not provide it when he traded in or sold his GT350.  Ford Country should not rely the owner to provide tools to service GT350s.  Ford Country is the only Ford dealer in Las Vegas who does not have correct tools to service the GT350. 

1 hour ago, TEvans said:

Ford provides you with the wrench if your purchased it new.  My GT350 is second hand and Ford doesn't provide 2nd owner the wrench and the previous owner did not provide it when he traded in or sold his GT350.  Ford Country should not rely the owner to provide tools to service GT350s.  Ford Country is the only Ford dealer in Las Vegas who does not have correct tools to service the GT350. 

These wrenches weren`t supplied by Ford as soon as the G.T 359 came out so how did a dealer do an oil change then? I would thing each dealer would have one of these tools & the proper torque spec. no?

• 2 months later...

Took my GT350 to Gaudin Ford Quick Lube yesterday and they did an outstanding job.  Customer service was excellent.  Price for the service was $160.00 dollars.  I would highly recommend getting your GT350s serviced here. 

It was a mind bender for me...an OLD car guy...tightening that oil filter to 18ft lbs, lemme tell ya! :fear:

When I was all done, I thought I’d squished that o-ring flat as a sheet of paper. :drop:

However....no leaks

Edited by BIKEBOY

22 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

It was a mind bender for me...an OLD car guy...tightening that oil filter to 18ft lbs, lemme tell ya! :fear:

When I was all done, I thought I’d squished that o-ring flat as a sheet of paper. :drop:

However....no leaks

Sounds like the old guy still has it.

2 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Did they do it in the quick service bay or in the normal service area?

It was done in quick lube bay.  I originally went to a service rep and they took me to Quick Lube for the oil change. 

On 4/17/2018 at 10:24 AM, TEvans said:

Took my GT350 to Gaudin Ford Quick Lube yesterday and they did an outstanding job.  Customer service was excellent.  Price for the service was $160.00 dollars.  I would highly recommend getting your GT350s serviced here. 

$160??? For an oil change??? WOW!  

22 hours ago, 07SGT4578 said:

$160??? For an oil change??? WOW!  

$160 for an oil change for the 2015+ GT350 is a very good price. It takes 10 quarts.  If you go to somewhere online like LMR they sell a 10 quart synthetic oil kit and filter for $139.00. So by the time you pay shipping on that kit you are probably at or above $160.00 just to get it to your door to do an oil change yourself. I’d pay the $160 at that dealer any time. Its not worth saving zero to maybe 5 dollars by dragging  out tools, jacking  up or ramping the car, then crawl under the car, drain the oil, use a torque wrench to put on the new filter and then clean up the mess and have to dispose of the oil………..nah, I’m going to sit in that dealership in the nice cool air conditioned showroom/waiting area and maybe look over a car or two while I am there, catch up on some text messages or  surf the net on my iphone.

1 hour ago, mhr1961 said:

$160 for an oil change for the 2015+ GT350 is a very good price. It takes 10 quarts.  If you go to somewhere online like LMR they sell a 10 quart synthetic oil kit and filter for $139.00. So by the time you pay shipping on that kit you are probably at or above $160.00 just to get it to your door to do an oil change yourself. I’d pay the $160 at that dealer any time. Its not worth saving zero to maybe 5 dollars by dragging  out tools, jacking  up or ramping the car, then crawl under the car, drain the oil, use a torque wrench to put on the new filter and then clean up the mess and have to dispose of the oil………..nah, I’m going to sit in that dealership in the nice cool air conditioned showroom/waiting area and maybe look over a car or two while I am there, catch up on some text messages or  surf the net on my iphone.

Shipping was free......$139 shipped to my door in Scottsdale from LMR. 

:salute: 

Well, not to split hairs down to a sub atomic level....... but..........even with taxes on that 139 bucks...... I am still not gonna crawl  my old ass up under a car to save less than 20 Bucks......

Edited by mhr1961

• 2 weeks later...