TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Today during my 1st oil change at a Ford dealership, they did not have the right oil filter for replacement. The oil filter is a Ford product, however no part numbers were on it. It is relativity small to eliminate interference with the brake cooling ducts. The filters that they did stock were too big. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is this a special filter that Shelby installed during the conversion?

Edited by teuhl

Today during my 1st oil change at a Ford dealership, they did not have the right oil filter for replacement. The oil filter is a Ford product, however no part numbers were on it. It is relativity small to eliminate interference with the brake cooling ducts. The filters that they did stock were too big. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is this a special filter that Shelby installed during the conversion?

Thomas, your Shelby has the Ford assembly line filter on it. Because SAI doesn't go internally into the motor we do not change the cars oil nor the oil filter.

This Ford assembly line filter is indeed a little shorter than the service replacement filter but the taller service replacement filter does fit. All the dealership tech has to do is gently push the brake duct hose over just a little for it to fit. Because of the cars new car warranty SAI does not recommend using any other filter than the Ford filter listed in your cars owners manual.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thomas, your Shelby has the Ford assembly line filter on it. Because SAI doesn't go internally into the motor we do not change the cars oil nor the oil filter.

This Ford assembly line filter is indeed a little shorter than the service replacement filter but the taller service replacement filter does fit. All the dealership tech has to do is gently push the brake duct hose over just a little for it to fit. Because of the cars new car warranty SAI does not recommend using any other filter than the Ford filter listed in your cars owners manual.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Steve - Yes, this definitely explains the no part number oil filter. What I need to do is to get the Shelby on a lift and do the oil filter replacement myself. It seems like the Ford dealership should have known what youncommunicated. However, since their replacements never had an interference, they didn't have to be creative in making it work. Thanks for this information. This was appreciated.

Edited by teuhl

We finally were able to install the FL-500S oil filter yesterday. 2 people are needed to do so. The duct must be compressed to flatten by 1 person to provide the necessary clearance to install the filter. Shelby American is no longer using this design on their new conversions. The new design that collects the air is where the turn signal and fog lights are installed. Attached is a picture. I want to thank Chris Ruby and Austin Craig for all the support given to me. These guys are great.

IMG_1586.JPG