TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Paint Protection

TEvans

Depends on what type product you're thinking. Here are a few options. .

Carnuba liquid wax = short term protection, easy on, easy off - several options Mequires, Adams, Wolfgang etc

Paint sealant = longer protection, less dust attraction, easy on, easy off - Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Adams etc

Ceramic Coating = upto 2 years of protection, requires a little more attention for application - CQuartz, McKee's, Wolfgang, Adams, etc

Ceramic Permanent Coating = as stated, permanent protection, may require professional application - Opti-Coat Pro+

Clear Bra = helps prevent damage from rocks, sand, bugs etc, requires professional install - only one brand for me Xpel, 10 year parts/labor warranty

A friend just had Xpel put on his Blue w/black stripe 2017 GT350. He loves it!

Hope this helps

Edited by Ford Fest

You already have a whole bunch of paint issues. Assuming you get all of them straightened out, espcially the swirl marks, and get to a good high quality finish free of swirls and microscratches. I used Turtle Wax products on my black Shelby GT. I used two coats of the Turtle Wax Ice paste on all surfaces (including the black plastic stuff like the front and back sides of the mirrors. Then follow up with regular use of spray detailer to get the normal dust and dirt off. Use well broken in microfiber towels. Every 4 or 5 times using the detailer refresh with the liquid Turtle Wax Ice polish. That will get you through about a year for a weekend type car, after which a clay bar treatment will take all the stuff down to bare and start over with the two coats. I had mine professionally detailed after two years since the regular stuff will give you some microscratches that show up in direct harsh sunlight.

Never ever feed a Gremlin after midnight, and never use a California duster on black paint.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just bought a 2016 GT-H with 5K miles and had it ceramic coated - C Quartz. I thought it was very clean, but was amazed at all the fine scratches the tech pointed out and removed in the prep - the prep is key. It now looks fantastic and I am very happy with the new wax free maintenance process. Highly recommended.

I had a fellow enthusiast also recommend XPel and he's done four vehicles without regret. While the 350 sleeps the winter away, I plan to get all the high-exposure panels done in spring. Which leads to my question...is it April yet?