TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Security System

TEvans

Ford is offering to install a fuel cutoff system that prevents someone from push starting the GT350? Has anyone had any experience with this system? Per Ford it works with your keyless entry.

Any recommendations on what security system to use?

Ford is offering to install a fuel cutoff system that prevents someone from push starting the GT350? Has anyone had any experience with this system? Per Ford it works with your keyless entry.

Any recommendations on what security system to use?

Are you sure this item is from Ford or is it a Ford dealer that's offering you this?

Not sure how a 2015-17 GT350 could be push started with the brake pedal interlock, key fob needed, ignition being on, etc.

Do you have a Ford part number for it?

It is the Ford Dealer that is offering that to me. Wanted to get input from the forum on this.

Do not have a Ford part number. Has anyone else been offered this by the dealership?

Well if its the dealer that's offering it then it could be anything from a toggle switch cutting power to the fuel pump or some sort of third party ignition kill module that used car dealers are fond of using lately so that they can disable your car if you miss a payment.

If its not a Ford product with a Ford part number I'd stay completely away from it. If a thief really wants your car they'll bring a tow truck with them.

Just my opinion, yours may differ.

The two GT350's here at Shelby American just have the OEM alarm system from the factory, nothing additional has been added to them.

I suppose if I were to do anything to increase the security of a newer GT350 I would most likely look into a hidden Lo-Jack or similar system that could track the car.

Let us know if the dealer provides you with a part number or model name and we can go from there.

I did some looking around and believe I may have found what you are asking about. Apparently Ford accessories offers an add-on "shock sensor" to the factory alarm so perhaps that's what was meant by "push starting".

But I can not find this add-on for a 2015-17 Mustang application so let us know what part number the dealers provides you with.

Some of my days with Ford Parts and Service were spent telling customers that non-Ford dealer installed parts were the responsibility of the dealer.

If that part could be attributed to a failure, the factory would not cover the repair (even if the car was still under warranty).

With all the electrical components on that car I would highly recommend you invest in agreed value replacement cost car insurance VS some add-on anti-theft device.

Edited by ChicagoChris

I was told that the parts manager is still searching for the part number. Evidently it has a different part number based on the vehicle it is being installed into. Will keep you updated.

Yes that would be correct. The sensor for a F150 would be different from one for a Focus. Just need to verify that there is one for a 2015-17 Mustang so let us know what the dealer says.

I have decided to not go with the additional security system through the Ford Dealer. One reason for not getting the security system is not being able to get any information or part number on it. If Ford can't give you the part number easily, what will happen if something goes wrong.

I am still waiting for the part number through Ford. Will update this topic if/once I get the part number.

Thank you for all of the inputs.