TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jay, next time take the Ford GT.........................

SAI-Steven

On one recent show, Jay took delivery of his Ford GT at Willow Springs. He took it for a run and then ran a competition GT. Luckily the wheels stayed on those cars. As far as the Lambo incident, he will probably want to show it with a lot of comedy commentary.

On one recent show, Jay took delivery of his Ford GT at Willow Springs. He took it for a run and then ran a competition GT. Luckily the wheels stayed on those cars. As far as the Lambo incident, he will probably want to show it with a lot of comedy commentary.

While Jay may want to include it with some comedic commentary I'm confident that the Kode folks don't have the same mindset. The appearance of the Kode on Jay's show is about promoting the car to potential Kode buyers where this incident certainly didn't help facilitate that promotion.

Steve

The TMZ article said it was just a flat tire. Could have happened to any car driving around LA

If it was just a flat tire why would the rear rotor be on the ground? I have confidence in Jay that he wouldn't let his guys jack up the car, remove the rear wheel and then yank the jack out so that the rear suspension drops onto the asphalt.

I don't know, but read the article and watch the video for yourself if you like. My guess is that the car probably doesn't have a jack or a spare and a passerby had a large jack available

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/10/jay-leno-luxury-car-tire-trouble/?adid=TMZ_Search_Results

I agree that the car most likely doesn't have a spare nor a jack but then wouldn't it make sense for the car to have run flat tires?

I watched the video you posted and yes those two floor jacks obliviously came from that pick-up truck but if you look at the photo I posted at the top of the thread you will see no white truck, no floor jacks and a rear rotor on the ground. How could Jay have removed the wheel without any sort of jacks?

If you have a flat tire wouldn't it be much easier to call for a rollback tow truck? Why would you remove a flat tire if you don't have a spare tire?

I guess we just see things differently. We'll have to wait for the episode to air.

Would TMZ have been interested if the story were, "Jay Leno had a flat tire"?

Screenwriter: We need to jazz it up a little, otherwise, no Likes on Facebook.

Producer: Hmm. OK, flag down that pickup truck. I don't care which one, get 'em both.

I don't know, but read the article and watch the video for yourself if you like. My guess is that the car probably doesn't have a jack or a spare and a passerby had a large jack available

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/10/jay-leno-luxury-car-tire-trouble/?adid=TMZ_Search_Results

Look at the Rocker, it is on the ground. You wouldn't be able to get the Jack out from under the Car. BUT, if it had Lifting Points on the Body like a lot of German Cars do, that would be a different story and I am sure you would see a dead Body laying on the ground beside the Car because they set the Car on the ground.

Edited by tesgt350

I agree that the car most likely doesn't have a spare nor a jack but then wouldn't it make sense for the car to have run flat tires?

I watched the video you posted and yes those two floor jacks obliviously came from that pick-up truck but if you look at the photo I posted at the top of the thread you will see no white truck, no floor jacks and a rear rotor on the ground. How could Jay have removed the wheel without any sort of jacks?

If you have a flat tire wouldn't it be much easier to call for a rollback tow truck? Why would you remove a flat tire if you don't have a spare tire?

I guess we just see things differently. We'll have to wait for the episode to air.

I believe they are Run Flats. The Front Tire looks Flat.

If you look where the floor jack is in the video, it's under the center rear of the car which is higher than the rockers. This would allow the car to rest on the rotor and the jack removed. I cannot explain why they didn't set the car on something else, but perhaps it's because there wasn't something else available. But if you look closely at 0:02, there are two jack stands plainly visible in the bed of the white pickup truck. If you've ever tried to jack up a Shelby you know that there is not much room to slip under a standard floor jack. Even less so if there is flat. You've got to jack them up wherever you can. I'm guessing the Kode's engine served as the 'jack point' for this exercise

2017_kode_zero_15_560.jpg

Edited by groop