TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby pedal cover installation

Lynno

Anyone install the pedal set from Shelby. Brake, clutch, and gas pedals. I am going to install on 2007 SGT. Just looking for any good shortcuts or installation instructions. Thanks.

Anyone install the pedal set from Shelby. Brake, clutch, and gas pedals. I am going to install on 2007 SGT. Just looking for any good shortcuts or installation instructions. Thanks.

Below is a link to a how to thread by Roger Sorel, unfortunately the photobucket photos are dead but the text is still there.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/31109-shelby-billet-pedal-covers/?do=findComment&comment=475672

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Macman756 said:

Can we get that link revived? Or is the thread gone. About to install a set myself and a little scarred to just drill randomly into my gas pedal. 

Macman756,

I added the kit last January since the kit became available again. The install was pretty easy. Drilling into the gas pedal was only a pia because the size of the bit makes it very brittle.  You really have to take it slow and easy or you'll surely break 1 or 5.  Make sure you have more than one bit on hand in case you do break one. Otherwise you'll be running to the store in the middle of the install. I will say, it was much easier using an angle drill, than if I had to use a regular one, since it was so tight under the dash. If you have one def use it. It took me maybe an hour, if that, to do the whole thing start to finish, including clean up. 

I was able to see the thread your talking about above since I installed it before the TS db move.  Basically it said be careful with the drill bits. It's uncomfortable laying sideways on the floorboard hanging out of the car to work underneath the dash, especially if your a big guy, and it makes the job a little easier if you remove the gas pedal from the car. I think it was three nuts holding it on. Very easy to remove and replace.  The new kits come with directions. If you don't have them let me know I probably could dig mine up and send them to you. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Jeff 

17 hours ago, MyBlueHeaven said:

Macman756,

I added the kit last January since the kit became available again. The install was pretty easy. Drilling into the gas pedal was only a pia because the size of the bit makes it very brittle.  You really have to take it slow and easy or you'll surely break 1 or 5.  Make sure you have more than one bit on hand in case you do break one. Otherwise you'll be running to the store in the middle of the install. I will say, it was much easier using an angle drill, than if I had to use a regular one, since it was so tight under the dash. If you have one def use it. It took me maybe an hour, if that, to do the whole thing start to finish, including clean up. 

I was able to see the thread your talking about above since I installed it before the TS db move.  Basically it said be careful with the drill bits. It's uncomfortable laying sideways on the floorboard hanging out of the car to work underneath the dash, especially if your a big guy, and it makes the job a little easier if you remove the gas pedal from the car. I think it was three nuts holding it on. Very easy to remove and replace.  The new kits come with directions. If you don't have them let me know I probably could dig mine up and send them to you. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Jeff 

Perfect, thanks Jeff.

Oh are they back on the Shelby Store? I got mine from a friend who sold his SGT and thought SD stopped making them.

8 hours ago, Macman756 said:

Perfect, thanks Jeff.

Oh are they back on the Shelby Store? I got mine from a friend who sold his SGT and thought SD stopped making them.

No, not at the Shelby store. I think I got them from Blue oval industries or CJPP.  It looks like SD is making a bunch of the Shelby products that he previously had stopped.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/drake-muscle-cars-pedal-cover-billet-with-shelby-logo-set-manual-2005-2019/p/PCS81/

if you didn't get the directions from your friend PM me your email address and I'll send them to you. I tried to attach the PDF here but the file size is too big. Unfortunate cause they could just add them to the instructions page.  There is an install video at the bottom of the page in the link above. They show 15 model, but explain the difference for the 05-10.  notice he takes the pedal out as I said, makes it a world easier.

Good luck.

Edited by MyBlueHeaven
added info