TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hotel Rooms During 2018 Team Shelby VIP Experience Monterey

nascarbilly

Greetings Everyone,

I am new to Team Shelby and only recently found out about the 2017 VIP Experience Monterey, CA weekend in August. Does anyone know of any hotels in the area; I started looking at 2018 and all of the hotels I googled were already booked almost a year in advance.

Any thoughts and thanks in advance for your comments,

Nascarbilly

Frank,

Thx for the info; unfortunately, it too is all booked up that weekend.

nascarbilly

As you get closer, there is stuff that opens up as people cancel...sometimes the best deal, is the last minute variety.

Also check VRBO and AirBNB

Check Hollister (a brand new Hampton Inn just opened) and Gilroy as both are only 45 min away

Edited by Cali_KR

• 3 weeks later...

Harold #50,

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, been traveling. Great suggestions; I just wish I knew the actual dates of the 2018 event next August. nascarbilly

WELCOME TO TS NASCARBILLY. I WENT THERE FOR THE 2016 MOTEREY EXPERIENCE AND I STAYED AT A HOTEL IN SALINAS. IT IS ABOUT A 30 MINUTE DRIVE TO MOTEREY, LAGUNA SECA WAS THE HALFWAY POINT. IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO GO ONCE, DO IT!!!!!

You might be able to google Monterey Car week 2018. It's usually posted early on. That said classic car week will happen. The Shelby experience is not a sure thing like car week. Not saying it won't happen but The Shelby event is only a couple years young. I hope to attend next year as well if they have it. That said, Tracy will make this happen I am sure.

Edited by H0050

If you don't know which Weekend it is, how do you know all the Hotels are booked for the same weekend of that event?

Also....... you should post on all the Forums that you know people post on that will be going to this Event and have them give you a heads up that they have decided to not go and will be giving up their Hotel Rooms so you can swoop in and grab one.