TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2018 Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals - SAVE THE DATE - May 31st to June 3rd

Z-man

On 4/1/2018 at 10:27 PM, sheppd01 said:

Everyone who attends the dinner in WV will receive one of these. The  leftovers will be available for purchase. 

99451BBE-E770-4967-BA49-5A8174FD7A7C.jpeg

Good stuff...appreciate everything you guys are doing to put on a great weekend!  Last year was awesome and looking forward to it again.

If you are interested in one of the limited edition, and really cool, Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals magnetic bottle openers, they need to be ordered directly from the manufacturer.

Here is the link....http://www.wickedeye.net/p/34-TeamShelbyEast-Bottle-Opener.aspx

They will magnetically attach to your refrigerator, tool box, tailgate, or any other metal surface, and when you 'pop the top' on your beverage, the bottle cap is also retained by the magnet (so you don't have to chase it around the floor, or have it roll underneath something).    

untitled 1.jpg

Hey, here’s a question...assuming the folks from Shelby American are driving the big rig out to Carlisle for Grand Nationals from Vegas, can they bring (many) extra cases of Shelby Beer so we can purchase some since we can’t get it shipped out here on the right coast?

I KNOW there would be takers on that...me being one of them!  I’d buy a case of each!

EB69D5BB-CD67-41DE-8B9B-C9DD9C88A611.jpeg

It’s about $8 a beer.

It may be possible to get a  taste sometime during the event.....but you didnt hear that from me. lol

As far as your request to have Shelby bring some out and then sell it to people. My guess is unlikely.  

We are still working on finding a brewery closer to home. 

608032E6-A0CD-4B2A-9F93-883D2D93E941.jpeg

Nice refrigerator!

As Dave stated, there may be some “beverages” at the event, but you can’t buy the beer anywhere outside of California (and a few places in Texas), so it’s not easy to get on the East Coast.  At $8/bottle, that’s almost $100/case.....however for the attendees of the East Coast Grand Nationals, we’ll splurge a little and share some of the “nectar” with you.

A few bottles may even be donated to silent auction.

Lots of behind the scenes work is involved in making this happen.  Maybe I’ll tell a story or two on Friday night if I’m so inclined.

My brother lives in CA and can get the beer.  I priced out them out and was willing to go the cost but there’s no reasonable way to get it back to the east coast.  Dave, did you do an old school pre-NASCAR “moonshine run” in your GT500KR to get those back here, or what?!

9 hours ago, Mustangcollector said:

Dave, did you do an old school pre-NASCAR “moonshine run” in your GT500KR to get those back here, or what?!

Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

36 minutes ago, Z-man said:

Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Now Bill, if you are trying to say that you and Dave don’t share a striking resemblance to Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed (circa 1977), respectively, you may be just selling yourself too short.  That said, no one’s implying either of you can sing.

• 3 weeks later...

If you will be attending The Ford Nationals at Carlisle, either as part of the Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals, or as a stand alone event, this weekend is your last opportunity to sign up and receive you tickets via “Gate-and-Go” (meaning you won’t need to stand in line and register on site), and to help Team Shelby win the largest club contest. Please be sure to select TEAM SHELBY as your club affiliation, and please register this weekend!!!! Every vehicle does matter (we missed second place last year by just two cars).

TEAM SHELBY is now in third place......time is running out!!

Register for Carlise here....http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

1st: Red Mustang Registry - Public Page
2nd: Focus Rising
3rd: Team Shelby
4th: Fairlane CLUB of America
5th: Mustang Club of Central PA
6th: Mustang Club of America
7th: Bad Pony Club Mustangs
8th: Venom Outlaws - Mustangs and Domestics
9th: TIE: Merkur Club of America, Valley Forge Mustang Club, International Thunderbird Club
10th: Mach 1 Registry

BTW - That large white tent in the middle of the photo is the Team Shelby hospitality tent from last years event...the largest club tent on the show field!

30821250_10156223512339831_3033059257974613818_o.jpg

If you have already signed up....thanks for your registration, and we are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.  It’s still not too late to encourage a friend to sign up as well.

If you are planning on attending, but haven’t signed up yet....don’t wait any longer, as counts need to be sent to catering and printers. Please sign up in the next few days.

If you aren’t planning on attending....what do we need to do, or what activities are missing, that would make you attend in the future?

Bill / Z-man

Archived