TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 Super Snake 50th Anniversary

rsr

I have more videos coming as I drive her more so subscribe to my youtube channel youtube.com/wazoo919.  If there anything anyone wants to see closer or more of let me know I'll put it in. Just love the car.

http://youtube.com/wazoo919

Edited by Wazoo919

2 hours ago, T-Bone68 said:

Awesome looking car!  Is that a Cobra sitting next to it in the garage?

yes.. everyone always ask me that so funny.. it's a 1965 Shelby Cobra replica by Factory Five with a 2003 Mustang GT Mach 1 drive train. 

Thanks guys -

Got a question about the barton short throw shifter.  Since I've never driven or have owned one of these until now, what is the difference in these types of shifters?  How do I know or where does it say Barton?

Thanks

RSR

5 hours ago, rsr said:

Thanks guys -

Got a question about the barton short throw shifter.  Since I've never driven or have owned one of these until now, what is the difference in these types of shifters?  How do I know or where does it say Barton?

Thanks

RSR

I think you probably have this one.  If you scroll down and watch the video, Bill does a pretty good job explaining the differences.  If you try the shifter in anyone else’s Mustang, you should feel a big difference in smoothness of shifting.  Barton has three big bearing surfaces vs. two small ones on stock Ford shifter.  They probably installed the version that retains the pull up reverse function.  In that case you should be able to tell because the pull up sleeve is metal.  The stock Ford is cheap feeling plastic.  It looks like the blade shifter versions could install from the top, so maybe you could swap down the road if you like.

You made a good choice getting the Barton.  I had installed the Ford Performance shifter before sending to Shelby and it’s ok, not great.  Same feel as stock, just shorter throw.  I like it in general, but does nothing to increase confidence in not missing a shift.  I at least installed the Barton metal pull up sleeve and makes the car feel like higher quality when not feeling the cheap plastic one every time you shift.  Recommend it to anyone else with the Ford.  Cheap and easy to install.  Get the silver anodized one because the black version has thick powder coating that interferes with the shifter ball and gets stuck in the up position.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/barton-industries-short-throw-shifter-hybrid-3-with-reverse-lockout-collar-gt-2015-2018/p/MS62-V/

9 hours ago, T-Bone68 said:

I think you probably have this one.  If you scroll down and watch the video, Bill does a pretty good job explaining the differences.  If you try the shifter in anyone else’s Mustang, you should feel a big difference in smoothness of shifting.  Barton has three big bearing surfaces vs. two small ones on stock Ford shifter.  They probably installed the version that retains the pull up reverse function.  In that case you should be able to tell because the pull up sleeve is metal.  The stock Ford is cheap feeling plastic.  It looks like the blade shifter versions could install from the top, so maybe you could swap down the road if you like.

You made a good choice getting the Barton.  I had installed the Ford Performance shifter before sending to Shelby and it’s ok, not great.  Same feel as stock, just shorter throw.  I like it in general, but does nothing to increase confidence in not missing a shift.  I at least installed the Barton metal pull up sleeve and makes the car feel like higher quality when not feeling the cheap plastic one every time you shift.  Recommend it to anyone else with the Ford.  Cheap and easy to install.  Get the silver anodized one because the black version has thick powder coating that interferes with the shifter ball and gets stuck in the up position.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/barton-industries-short-throw-shifter-hybrid-3-with-reverse-lockout-collar-gt-2015-2018/p/MS62-V/

Thanks T-Bone, I do have the metal pull up for reverse 

RSR

• 1 month later...

Received my 2017 Super Snake, triple yellow with white strips Friday night.  Thank you to everyone at Shelby America especially Chris Ruby for putting up with me the last couple months.  Mr Philips from Image Auto Group did a fantastic job car came covered and safe, thank you.   Took it out today put a hundred miles on it WOW, loved the 2007 this one is insane and I really took it easy, it was tuff but I kept out of it, cut a block of wood and put it under the gas peddle.  Just joking ? see you all at Summit and Carlisle.  Be safe