TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 Super Snake 50th Anniversary

rsr

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ordered the new 50th Anniversary SS? I've heard that some of the 500 are going to dealerships - told SA to take their time with mine!

RSR

I have a racing red SS on order. Last I heard they should start working on it middle for September. Once started then I was told it should take 30 to 45 days to finish and 1 to 2 weeks to deliver it to me here in North Florida.

My car has been there 9 weeks and hasn't hit the shop yet, hope it does first of September. Yellow with white painted stripes, 750hp automatic. I'd like to get it by October mid November at the latest, western Pennsylvania gets snowy and cold by then. Number 17SS0163 I can't wait. I have a 07 GT/SC Black with Silver stripes, love driving it and I do, plan on driving the Super Snake also. They will get stored from November till April, that's a long enough rest.

My car has been there 9 weeks and hasn't hit the shop yet, hope it does first of September. Yellow with white painted stripes, 750hp automatic. I'd like to get it by October mid November at the latest, western Pennsylvania gets snowy and cold by then. Number 17SS0163 I can't wait. I have a 07 GT/SC Black with Silver stripes, love driving it and I do, plan on driving the Super Snake also. They will get stored from November till April, that's a long enough rest.

Wonder if they have filled all the orders?

Wonder if they have filled all the orders?

I would think you can still order one.

This was on display at the MCA Grand Nationals this weekend. I would assume they are still selling them.

Yes the 50th Anniversary Super Snake is still available. For more details give our sales department a phone call at 702-942-7325 or visit select Shelby Ford dealerships who have one on their lot.

I'll check with our sales department to see if they have a list of dealerships who are offering Shelby Super Snakes right off their showroom floor.

Steve

Great to see many ordering it with the Automatic!

FORD just doesn't understand the current market as the demand for high performance sports cars are more for paddle shifted Automatics then Manual shifted cars and its not even close. I talked to one of the bigger FORD dealers and he said they get asked "can I order the GT350 with an automatic 10 to 1 over the 6spd manual" and lets just say this dealer is in the top 3 selling Mustangs

I would consider adding the 50th Annv. Super Snake but the 2018 Mustang is getting the 10spd Automatic and its suppose to be even better than the 6R80

Ford/Shelby keeps coming out with new models to fit each individual with just about anything you want! This is why I ordered my 50th anniversary (not getting any younger also)...better late than never!

When I was out in Vegas in May they had only 100 Super Snakes going to dealers, so 400 was available for sale. So yes they would be still available, mine is 163 ordered back in March, and I picked that number, they are not necessarily sold in order. That was the house number I grew up in so it is only significant to me, and some of the other numbers I wanted had already been taken.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a 50th the day they became available. White vert automatic. Should be ready late Oct early Nov. Hoping maybe to take delivery while I'm at in Vegas for SEMA. Ordered it will all options available from Ford and Shelby except painted stripes.

Have you let our sales department know of your desire to have it ready by SEMA? I certainly can't promise you anything but our sales team does what it can to meet the needs of our customers.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I have a racing red SS on order. Last I heard they should start working on it middle for September. Once started then I was told it should take 30 to 45 days to finish and 1 to 2 weeks to deliver it to me here in North Florida.

Last I heard mine suppose to start work on in October. Fingers are crossed, I hope. Like to get it before Thanksgiving.

My car has been there 9 weeks and hasn't hit the shop yet, hope it does first of September. Yellow with white painted stripes, 750hp automatic. I'd like to get it by October mid November at the latest, western Pennsylvania gets snowy and cold by then. Number 17SS0163 I can't wait. I have a 07 GT/SC Black with Silver stripes, love driving it and I do, plan on driving the Super Snake also. They will get stored from November till April, that's a long enough This will

Last I heard mine suppose to start work on in October. Fingers are crossed, I hope. Like to get it before Thanksgiving.

This is going to test your patience mine took seven months. Well worth the wait but it will test your patience. Good luck! CSM15SS0031

15 weeks and mine hasn't hit the shop yet, maybe it'll be my Christmas present. They must be buried with orders taking longer than they had projected. I'll get to drive it next year, after the snow melts.

Ordered mine back in June - Building a barn to put the horse in! Told Shelby to take their time.

15 weeks and mine hasn't hit the shop yet, maybe it'll be my Christmas present. They must be buried with orders taking longer than they had projected. I'll get to drive it next year, after the snow melts.

Ordered mine back in June - Building a barn to put the horse in! Told Shelby to take their time.

The good news is that the current Super Snake is a runaway hit, the bad news is yes we are behind in production.

SAI was not 100% prepared for the overwhelming success of the new SS program, we knew we had an awesome car when it was launched but were just not totally prepared for the increase in sales. We are also doing more painted stripe cars than ever before which of course increases the build time.

All I can suggest is to stay in touch with your SA salesperson for updates on your particular build and trust me you'll forget all about the wait once you're behind the wheel.

Steve

I have a 50th Anniv SS Widebody on order, 750 HP, Auto, Ruby Red, White Pearl Stripes

May I ask what it ran you. I live in Kansas and Shelby Mustangs are hard to come by. Dealership says they have to special order them. Found one in Kansas City Missouri that was priced around $80,000. What is the going price where you live for fully loaded GT 500 Super Snake? Thanks toddskyler

May I ask what it ran you. I live in Kansas and Shelby Mustangs are hard to come by. Dealership says they have to special order them. Found one in Kansas City Missouri that was priced around $80,000. What is the going price where you live for fully loaded GT 500 Super Snake? Thanks toddskyler

For ordering a new SS.

http://www.shelby.com/buildone/2017SS.asp

• 3 months later...
On 10/5/2017 at 11:00 AM, steve smith said:

This is going to test your patience mine took seven months. Well worth the wait but it will test your patience. Good luck! CSM15SS0031

been long road but car finished suppose to get shipped next week. Racing Red White Stripe looks great. 

On 10/6/2017 at 11:49 AM, SAI-Steven said:

The good news is that the current Super Snake is a runaway hit, the bad news is yes we are behind in production.

SAI was not 100% prepared for the overwhelming success of the new SS program, we knew we had an awesome car when it was launched but were just not totally prepared for the increase in sales. We are also doing more painted stripe cars than ever before which of course increases the build time.

All I can suggest is to stay in touch with your SA salesperson for updates on your particular build and trust me you'll forget all about the wait once you're behind the wheel.

Steve

I can't wait to get behind the wheel. Very soon now should be shipped to me next week. Thanks Steve

On 07/10/2017 at 12:24 PM, toddskyler said:

I have a 2007 GT500 Super Snake 427 Edition Convertible with only 5600 miles.  Red with black stripes.  I'm asking $65K. It is #7 of only 212 built.  Excellent condition.

On 10/7/2017 at 2:24 PM, toddskyler said:

Are you talking about New or Used?  New is around $100K, Used you can get deals if you’re patient, I wouldn’t pay close to $80K used, the older ones weren’t that much New.

• 3 weeks later...

Since no pics posted recently, here are two from Norcal SAAC Mini Nats last summer.  My red stripe delete and Dave's black SS, the only two 2017 SS in northern Cal at the time.

Any others?  Get your car yet Wazoo919?  Pics of the wide body James?  rsr?

John

T-Bone SS.jpg

Daves 17SS.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, T-Bone68 said:

Since no pics posted recently, here are two from Norcal SAAC Mini Nats last summer.  My red stripe delete and Dave's black SS, the only two 2017 SS in northern Cal at the time.

Any others?  Get your car yet Wazoo919?  Pics of the wide body James?  rsr?

John

T-Bone SS.jpg

Daves 17SS.jpg

Yes got mine 2 weeks ago. I love it. Here is what it sounds like. 

https://youtu.be/LTFsGDoa010