TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby-vert or coupe?

JC8

You answered part of the question already. Most guys look at color in differing ways. I chose black because I like the look and I wanted a vert, and being the top is black I did not want the contrast. However many guys want to do major mods, like the SS or KR... so if you are into that, I do not think you can do that to the Verts..... so coupe it is!

You answered part of the question already. Most guys look at color in differing ways. I chose black because I like the look and I wanted a vert, and being the top is black I did not want the contrast. However many guys want to do major mods, like the SS or KR... so if you are into that, I do not think you can do that to the Verts..... so coupe it is!

I'm not into spending more $$$ on mods, like them close to stock!

Coupe.

The roof line and quarter windows look like a classic Mustang should.

Less body flex. fewer squeaks. lighter. Allowed on more tracks for track events.

There are coupe guys and convertible guys. For me convertible is the only way to go. It's like having two cars in one. You can't go 140 miles an hours squealing the tires all the time. It is awesome to be able to drop the top and feel the wind in your hair. A good exhaust sounds even better when there is no roof between it and your ears.

100% agree! A VERT is the ONLY way to go! :headspin: I did not buy a legend to run on the track on Sunday's. :banghead: You can build any old heap to do that much cheaper! :shift: The thrill of these cars is in the engineering, smooth ride, HP when you need it, classic looks, the attention, and then for us VERT fans, the feel of the open air, sun on your face, wind in you hair!!!! :superhero: Have fun doing all that at the track with your face sticking out the side window!!! :barf: But hey, that's just a vert guys opinion!

I'm not into spending more $$$ on mods, like them close to stock!

I am really torn, I have been a vert. guy with all the Corvettes I have had... I dig the look of the Shelby Mustang vert it blows away the C6 vert in looks! The Shelby coupe is also very hot and it blows the C6 coupe in looks also... How many vert owners put on strips???

I have a convertible but ultimately it is a personal taste decision for everyone. One factor that I didn't see mentioned in any of the other posts on this thread (although I was half scanning, half reading) is that Ford did a great job making this a very sturdy convertible from the initial design. All of the reviews I've read concur on this. In addition, if you decide to get a convertible, I can recommend a great windscreen for you to use:

great windscreen

You can't go wrong either way :happy feet:

I have a convertible but ultimately it is a personal taste decision for everyone. One factor that I didn't see mentioned in any of the other posts on this thread (although I was half scanning, half reading) is that Ford did a great job making this a very sturdy convertible from the initial design. All of the reviews I've read concur on this. In addition, if you decide to get a convertible, I can recommend a great windscreen for you to use:

great windscreen

You can't go wrong either way :happy feet:

Thanks. I've been looking for one of those.

On top of what I already stated, couple other things. Yes the Vert was designed to handle the HP. These are not the Vert of old, that you can feel the car rock. These are well designed to handle the 500 + HP. As for the stripes, again a personal choice but I would have opted out on it anyways. Depending on the color you choose, keep in mind that when the top is up, you have that BLACK top breaking up your stripe and adding a third color. I picked a black vert, so that regardless it is seamless in looks, sleek and clean. Again, just my .02

Archived