TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 Shelby Baja Raptor?

Is this thing legit? I never seen a 2017 Shelby Raptor before. And only 25 being made this year? Pretty sweet looking truck though.

https://youtu.be/Cwzjm_Nh76g

Or if this was supposed to be the unveiling at Monterrey maybe, looks like a couple dealers already let it out early on youtube.

Edited by 05mustangman

Going through this video on YT, I would guess that this over doubles the price of a Raptor. Freaking amazing truck, but way beyond what most people will be able to take on. I'm guessing there will be buyers, but wow. Complete change of Fox suspension, running boards, all the Addictive Desert Design bumpers and rear roll bar set up, 6 tires and wheels, power output, Rigid lights all over the place, interior upgrades, power running boards. I've already done ADD bumpers on mine, wheel change, and lights. That cost was enough. Would be awesome, but wowzers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IC43X2iSs

• 1 month later...

It's very real. I have one at my dealership. Price on the window is $116,000, but there are dealers selling upwards of $200,000. Currently there are 40 on earth and I'll vouch to get this monster as low to the sticker price, if there is a perfect suiter who jumps on it quickly. My sales management want to increase the price due to the market. Want pictures? BTW my dealer has not put this car online yet/if ever.

it is definitely another Tuscany built Shelby truck. One of the video shows the engine tag and it says Elkhart IN, where Tuscany is based out of

Not fully true. This is an official Shelby product. All upgraded parts on the Baja are made or specifically optioned by Shelby. Shelby authorizes the conversion of a F150 Raptor ($48000 conversion) to only a select Ford and Tuscany dealerships. BTW if you are worried about the Tuscany affiliation. I can tell you that every Tuscany is fully warrantied by Ford. Not trying to pitch a sale. Im just saying that my dealership does projects all the time with F150's, but when comes time to selling a custom truck done by us (excluding the Shelby Baja Raptor) and selling a Tuscany. It is so much harder to sell our dealership's projects (not just a few upgrades to a new Ford Lariat, but a full package) due to it not being able to finance with Ford Credit (as a new ford car) and the Tuscany can. Which I'm assuming is almost impossible to do.

Disappointed that SAI would allow this to happen!

Just seen on Ebay two of the new 2017 Shelby Raptors and both dealers were at $154k for this, umm can't really say what I want but man what a bunch of crooks!

This is what I always liked about SAI as they didn't allow their stuff to be stupidly marked up like what happened to the 2007 GT500, 2008 GT500KR and the 2015 GT350 and the 2016/2017 GT350R versions as each dealership put the crazy markup's on them. With the 2010-2014 Shelby Raptor you took your truck post title and had SAI install the Raptor package well something very very different here because I thought if you buy a 2017-2018 Raptor then you take it to SAI like before but here are Ford Dealers from Miami to Illinois and they have completed Shelby Raptor trucks listed at $154k and the total package is what $117k including the truck and now the dealers want $140k to $154k wow extremely disappointing as it seems you can only buy this package through a dealer, well I was interested not anymore

Tuscany trucks have HUGE discounts in my area, I'm not sure why one with the Shelby name should be any different.

My next Shelby, if I don't move on from the brand, will more then likely be off the Ford assembly line like the GT350 and GT500. They are getting way too expensive I'll go back to Porsche or something else for these prices.

Tuscany trucks have HUGE discounts in my area, I'm not sure why one with the Shelby name should be any different.

My next Shelby, if I don't move on from the brand, will more then likely be off the Ford assembly line like the GT350 and GT500. They are getting way too expensive I'll go back to Porsche or something else for these prices.

Its ironic that you say going back to Porsche as I am a Mustang fanatic but Blue Oval Blue Blood having owned many E-series Vans and Bronco's and after Ford never offered the GT350 with an Automatic I started looking at the Cadillac CTS-V and shockingly I like the new Corvette Gran Sport but haven't pulled the trigger because now the Mercedes AMG C63 S is an unbelievable machine and I am also considering the BMW M6 Gran Coupe, Audi S7, if I would even think about that price for the new Shelby Raptor than the Mercedes AMG GT S jumps to the top of the list. Even with all these great machines the new 2018 Mustang GT yes the Plain Jane GT might be the best Mustang ever with its options so its great to be a car guy now. Oh I forgot that Saleen is bringing back their Sport Truck and unlike SAI, Saleen is building their's