TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 GT-H Sales Inventory Listings From Hertz

I know many of you have rented these from Hertz... I may even have seen a few on the track at Team Shelby events (I will plead the 5th)! Hertz is now offering some of the inventory for sale and has provided me with this location link to share:

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/Search?MapLat=27.9475&MapLong=-82.4588&singleMakeModel=true&Makes=Ford&Models=Mustang&TRIM=,GT%20Premium,GT-H&SORTER=MakeModel&SORTORDER=Ascending&BUCKETPAGE=1&pageSize=35&pageNumber=1&BUCKETCLICKS=true&BUCKETNAME=true

Now that’s what I call a rental car!

1FA6P8CF0G5299366_1_v1.jpg

They brought the North Carolina car down to $54,900 mid last week (August 1st). Like someone else mentioned, if $54,900 was the right number to sell these cars the NC would be gone already.

I'm sure when they get to the low 50's a couple more will sell but to clear out the inventory, mid to low 40's will get them all sold.

QSS

They brought the North Carolina car down to $54,900 mid last week (August 1st). Like someone else mentioned, if $54,900 was the right number to sell these cars the NC would be gone already.

I'm sure when they get to the low 50's a couple more will sell but to clear out the inventory, mid to low 40's will get them all sold.

QSS

This one in NC had front end damage. They told me that's why it is priced lower than the other GT H they have.

Edited by phyllis

This one in NC had front end damage. They told me that's why it is priced lower than the other GT H they have.

Good to know. There had to be a reason for the varying prices, especially when a lower mileage car was listed cheaper than a higher mileage car, and I suspected it probably had something to do with damage or mechanical issues with the car.

Good to know. There had to be a reason for the varying prices, especially when a lower mileage car was listed cheaper than a higher mileage car, and I suspected it probably had something to do with damage or mechanical issues with the car.

Yes indeed.

So is there any way to find out about damage to a car? I assume that Hertz is self insured so when an accident occurs, nothing is made public and tools like CarFax are useless.

QSS

I like Hertz and rent from them often. However the way Hertz has been approaching selling these recent GTH vehicles is tragic.If they keep at this pace the cars are well into becoming 2 years old, the 2018 Mustangs are coming out, they are still higher than a brand new 2017 GT-350. The whole approach has been about as smart as giving a porcupine a hit of meth, kicking it in nutts and then releasing it in a balloon factory. Several people think these things are going to move when they hit the mid forties. I think at this rate they are going to be lucky to get high $30s if they keep their current "strategy"......

Edited by mhr1961

I keep saying "summer is 3/4 over" and once fall hits and kids are back in school people start thinking about other things. Hertz is trying to milk every dollar they can by selling these cars in this slow, painful fashion but whatever. They can sell them however they want but it'll be interesting to see where they wind up in terms of price.

What Hertz should do it try and get these cars into enthusiast hands. It'll help promote the Hertz and Shelby brands now and into the future. Heck I bought this sign to hang over my 07 GT-H in the garage. My next sign might read Ferrari or something like that.

post-20749-0-51407400-1502285160_thumb.jpg

For me personally, I'd like to get one but Hertz sales tactics has encouraged me to look at other performance cars that are available at reasonable prices.

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby