TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Unique Part Number List

srk1959

I was wondering if anyone has put together or had access to a list of unique part numbers for the 07 GT500. The parts guys here at the Wisconsin dealerships get crabby when I want to order anything at all. If I had the part numbers I could just call and order the item. Specifically I am looking for the Number for the chin spoiler, bumped a curb !@#$ not too bad but bothers me.

I was wondering if anyone has put together or had access to a list of unique part numbers for the 07 GT500. The parts guys here at the Wisconsin dealerships get crabby when I want to order anything at all. If I had the part numbers I could just call and order the item. Specifically I am looking for the Number for the chin spoiler, bumped a curb !@#$ not too bad but bothers me.

see if this helps you.

post-768-1183405097_thumb.jpg

post-768-1183405097_thumb.jpg

Had a parts guy get some attitude about ordering the scuff plates...said he wasn't going to refund the money for the plates if I wanted to return them, because I wouldn't order the SVT ones for $180. I said that was ok. I'd eat them if they weren't right.

Today I went in for an oil change, they were going to charge me $18/quart for the 5w50....

I ended up with the same guy in parts and he told me that was the price, take it or leave it. I smiled and walked out the parts door and into the showroom, got there and in my loudest nice voice asked to see the owner. Two guys came out of the office and asked what I needed and I said, the owner...they asked what they could do, I said, take me to the owner. One guy said he's busy, and I asked him how did he know, he'd been sitting in that office the past hour leaning back in his chair? He stood there with this blank look on his face, about this time a man walked out of a hall way and said he was the owner and what could he do.

I told him that Motorcraft 5w50 retails (MSRP) for $8.75/quart and his parts department moron told me to take it or leave it at $18/quart and plus the last issue I had with him with the scuff plates. I told him they are not going to pull this crap, and before I call FoMoCo and have a rep come down, I wanted to get his view of just how much he thinks someone is going to let them rip them off.

I flipped open my phone, called my selling dealership with them standing there and told them the story and asked if I could have a number for Ford, they said no, better yet, they would place the call personally and they would ship me a case of oil for $8/qt, and reminded me I still had a completely free oil change coming (it's 115 miles away).

The owner asked if we could discuss this some more, I said no...have them drain my car and push it in the lot and I'll be here with a wrecker to pick it up.

He said that wasn't necessary, he'll make sure that 8.75/qt is what I'll be charged.

I'm a pretty laid back guy, real laid back in fact...now why would it take something as over the top as that to just keep from being ripped off....

This is what gives dealerships a bad name. I'm glad I had such a great experience with my selling dealership, I'll just order directly from them. They saved me $75 on my car cover when I bought it from them.

Sorry to get off topic, just had to rant a little.

Yep Texas......sounds kind of like what I have been dealing with, happy to hear you spoke up, alot of people don't so they keep doing it. I am part of the business association that the owner of the dealership (who's parts guys suck) is also in the same association and I am waiting until the next meeting to let him know what I think of his parts personnel. It may not do much good but at least he will know what I think!

TexasShelby,

Read your post and was wondering why you did not name the dealership. The best way to make sure nobody else gets ripped off is to let everybody know who these people are. Once they start loosing customers, they will understand that in this great country of ours, we can make a choice of where we do business!

Hi 500hp, I will find out tomorrow morning how much $$$ $60.00 would be great we'll see, I'll post my price

$60+/- is correct unless you're over seas on in Canada

I think they will slip the noose around your neck then

I bumped a wheel stop at the post office on the way home from taking delivery of my GT500(9/20/06)

some rash,but,it bothered me also. Here's the p/n if you still need it. I paid $71.42.

Mike

post-5317-1183504427_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1183504427_thumb.jpg

I bumped a wheel stop at the post office on the way home from taking delivery of my GT500(9/20/06)

some rash,but,it bothered me also. Here's the p/n if you still need it. I paid $71.42.

Mike

Thanks Much Mike, mine isn't too bad but like you I want to keep it as close to perfect as I can...Steve

Archived