TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 or 09 KR? VIP Edition?

alapril7

I'm new to the Team Shelby Forum, and want to buy a 08 or 09 Vista Blue w/Silver Stripes KR, just didn't know if the 08 being a 40th Anniversary Edition is considered more collectible than the 09 year? Additionally, I've seen the phrase "VIP Edition, 1 of 20 produced" stated on several KRs for sale, what constitutes a "VIP Edition?" Thanks in advance for helping the latest newbie of Team Shelby! Former owner of a 65 squareback, 66 Fastback, and 69 Mach I.

I'm new to the Team Shelby Forum, and want to buy a 08 or 09 Vista Blue w/Silver Stripes KR, just didn't know if the 08 being a 40th Anniversary Edition is considered more collectible than the 09 year? Additionally, I've seen the phrase "VIP Edition, 1 of 20 produced" stated on several KRs for sale, what constitutes a "VIP Edition?" Thanks in advance for helping the latest newbie of Team Shelby! Former owner of a 65 squareback, 66 Fastback, and 69 Mach I.

Well if it is the 2009 owners can counter that sentiment with lower production compared to the 2008 KR.

The idea of collectible is subjective and only time will tell if any of the modern era Shelbys will be considered “collectible” or appreciate like the old ones did. To worry about which car is more “collectible” is folly even if it is based on so called “rarity” because even rarity doesn’t always translate in to desirability or future appreciation. Most any Modern SAI Shelby since the 2007/8 Shelby GT ended production are now built in limited numbers and the amount of 1 of 1s and 1 of 2,3,4 etc is fairly common now since most Shelby built at SAI are now built to order.

You are obviously doing good due diligence and asking good questions and researching before you buy, however you should buy the Shelby you like best and that you think you will enjoy the most because the true value is in driving and enjoying them, not painstakingly wringing your hands over whether it is an “investment” or more collectible than another or hoping it may someday fund your retirement. Since you like Vista Blue and Silver and if you are looking at “rarity” as an important factor then another option is to buy a 2008 Vista Blue /Silver Striped Shelby GT and have it converted to a Shelby GT/SC (SAI is still doing the Shelby GT to GT/SC Conversion). The GT/SC's are perhaps more rare than the 08/09 KR’s. Good luck in your quest.

Note: KR owners please note I am not trying to start a war as to whether a Shelby GT/SC or a KR is more collectible than the other or a better investment, just offering a viable option in the color scheme that the OP likes.

If your looking for collectibly or rarity then buy a 2009 Vista with Nav. There were only 20 of those. However I recommend you buy a car you enjoy driving because you will never make money off of any of them.

Thank you for everyone's sage advice; all great points and validation why I joined Team Shelby and this forum!!!! Gladly appreciate any other comments on this thread and if anyone knows of a Vista Blue w/Silver stripes for sale, I can be reached at alapril7@live.com. Thanks again and feel very fortunate to have joined such a cool group of Shelby enthusiasts!!!!

Actually have my eyes set on a 08 or 09 Vista Blue w/Silver stripes Shelby GT500KR if someone has one to sell me for a fair price and in outstanding condition...alapril7@live.com Keep those comments coming; learning a lot from everyone!!!!

As the newbie, had no idea there was a KR section, unless you're talking about placing Shelby GT500KR in the search field. I had already accomplished this search before, but ended up seeing everything from models, to cars for sale; is this the area you're talking about? Thanks!!!

Actually have my eyes set on a 08 or 09 Vista Blue w/Silver stripes Shelby GT500KR if someone has one to sell me for a fair price and in outstanding condition...alapril7@live.com Keep those comments coming; learning a lot from everyone!!!!

Buy two cars.... the KR for show and my car for GO! :shift: I want a new GT350.

I have to admit, my wife and I agree that you have a beautiful car!!!!

And I'm a bad influence! Happy to discuss if you have any interest so feel free to send me a PM. Much cheaper than a KR and handles/stops like a proper sports car with plenty of power. :cool: