TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exhaust Battle!! Shelby (Shelby American) vs Shelby (Ford)

If you are going to do a video test please at least attempt to make it somewhat passable as a controlled test. It was far from scientific, controlled or informative. After you suffer through the first 50 seconds of the video's Techno/Dance Music track , if you look closely at the video he appears to be holding the db meter at a higher level above the exhaust pipes when monitoring the GT350. Then, when monitoring the sound level of the GT500 he is several inches lower and about even with the exhaust outlets and standing 2 to 3 feet closer. Recording location/distance is very important in measuring decibel levels. Also there were other cars driving by which “polluted” the test area. There appeared to be only about 2db level difference in the max db recorded, that in itself is within the margin of error on the device he used to measure the db levels which is +/- 2db.

So the SS according to this guy is louder…….The difference in the two cars db level according to this so called test is negligible. The pitches are different and depending on a person’s sensitivity to pitch one car could be perceived as louder than the other depending on who you ask.

Edited by mhr1961

I've heard them all, and the Shelby American/Borla partnership is responsible for the best sounds in the auto industry. I got to sit with Alex Borla and visit for a few hours at Le Mans, and I told him as much. I don't know know what sorcery they use, but it's the right stuff for sure.

The old 2011 GT350 with the center exit exhaust was what I consider the best sound ever put out in a mustang. The new Terlingua comes to a very close second.

But for most improved, the award goes to the old Terlinguas with the side exhaust- that sound is amazing considering it comes from what has to be the worst motor Ford has put out since the Mustang II.