TEAM SHELBY FORUM

License Plates

rsr

Love it, don't think the DMV will allow - Thanks

I guess it depends on your state, but I find that CA allows for an explanation for all personalized plates. I think it would be easy for you to explain your choice. It's not vulgar

California also introduced a bill in 2012 to have 8 letters, there are examples of it on online.

My tag is going to be 4 weeks late in Cali. They're running way behind they told me a couple weeks ago.

I don't think the bill passed......the form only had 7 openings on it. :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on your State's DMV rules and # of characters allowed, you could use (in Calif, spaces count as characters for a max of 7 total):

1) 50th SS (50th Anniv SS)

2) SHBY SS (Shelby Super Snake)

3) SS CONV (Super Snake Convertible)

4) 50YRANV (50 Year Anniv)

5) RARSHBY (Rare Shelby)

6) SHBYDRM (Shelby Dream)

7) 1967AGN (1967 Again)

8) MYSSHBY (My SS Shelby)

9) IRASHBY (I Am a Shelby)

10) SS LGND ( Super Snake Legend)

11) SS GOLD ( Super Snake Gold or Super Snake Golden Anniv)

You can work the color of the car in also:

1) WHTSS50 ( White Super Snake 50)

2) 50WHTSS (50th Anniv white Super Snake)

Mine says VENOM which gets a lot of compliments.

Off topic (sorta) what's with all these guys blurring out their plate when they post pics?

Blurring out your license plates helps keep people from finding out who you are, your age, your location, etc. Car thieves use plates and the internet to find potential targets. There are also dozens of sites online that it makes it easy to find out your personal information just by supplying your license plate number. Yes your license plate is already on your car and on display but why make it easier for a thief to find you via the net or expand the number of thieves who use the net to case you, your car or your house if they are targeting a particular vehicle to steal………and mustangs are one of the most stolen vehicles of all time.

Most ethical/courteous photographers if they take a picture of somebody else’s car and post it will usually as a courtesy take a moment to blur the license plate. If you have the “hey look at me I’m special/vanity plates” then some will still blur it but most usually assume you want it to be seen or noticed and wont blur it.

Depending on your State's DMV rules and # of characters allowed, you could use (in Calif, spaces count as characters for a max of 7 total):

1) 50th SS (50th Anniv SS)

2) SHBY SS (Shelby Super Snake)

3) SS CONV (Super Snake Convertible)

4) 50YRANV (50 Year Anniv)

5) RARSHBY (Rare Shelby)

6) SHBYDRM (Shelby Dream)

7) 1967AGN (1967 Again)

8) MYSSHBY (My SS Shelby)

9) IRASHBY (I Am a Shelby)

10) SS LGND ( Super Snake Legend)

11) SS GOLD ( Super Snake Gold or Super Snake Golden Anniv)

You can work the color of the car in also:

1) WHTSS50 ( White Super Snake 50)

2) 50WHTSS (50th Anniv white Super Snake)

Thanks for the ideas!

Blurring out your license plates helps keep people from finding out who you are, your age, your location, etc. Car thieves use plates and the internet to find potential targets. There are also dozens of sites online that it makes it easy to find out your personal information just by supplying your license plate number. Yes your license plate is already on your car and on display but why make it easier for a thief to find you via the net or expand the number of thieves who use the net to case you, your car or your house if they are targeting a particular vehicle to steal………and mustangs are one of the most stolen vehicles of all time.

Most ethical/courteous photographers if they take a picture of somebody else’s car and post it will usually as a courtesy take a moment to blur the license plate. If you have the “hey look at me I’m special/vanity plates” then some will still blur it but most usually assume you want it to be seen or noticed and wont blur it.

Have not thought about this, will keep this in mind! Thanks for the reply.

• 3 weeks later...

So.......when you post a pic on here you don't want people thousands of miles away from you seeing your plate and finding out where you live because they might drive thousands of miles to steal your car.

But when you drive around WHERE YOU LIVE you DON'T cover your plate....

:cool:

Numerous magazines and online auto club sites show photos of vanity plates. I enjoy seeing creative names. Your plate is visible to the public once it is on your car. For any vehicle, make sure you have full coverage insurance and a working alarm. Cars are grabbed who matter what is on the license plate. If something happens to your car, you may get some help by spreading the word here.

So.......when you post a pic on here you don't want people thousands of miles away from you seeing your plate and finding out where you live because they might drive thousands of miles to steal your car.

This! ^^^^^^

:hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

Current and still champion:

36685275782_d301161d24_b.jpg

Oldie but a goodie (relinquished long ago) :

2183963825_390df9259b_o.jpg

At the 2008 Terlingua spectacular (I still have this plate on a non-op vehicle.

A bona fide California Terlingua owner might talk me into parting with it) :

3234860685_c189aed3c1_b.jpg

Edit:

Add a relinquished plate (might be available) :

6948074452_46f82a23d1_o.jpg

Edited by Frank S

No way to prevent people from taking pix of your car as you drive down the road...I see it happen to me all the time. They pull up beside snap a pic, drop back, snap another.

Someone wants it that bad, they can have it. A call to my insurance company, and then I get to go car shopping again.

lots of people track their car or take it to the drag strip, they try to keep anyone from identifying them as "abusing" their car for warranty purposes.... It's been known to happen.

On a side note talking about vanity plates I had a friend that had a Virginia plate "6T9er" on his '69 Ford Van back in the day.... he had to turn the tag in when he sold the van, he couldn't transfer it to another vehicle... :hysterical:

I'm very pleased with my plate. Just approved and on my car: B1TT3N

Works nice under that cobra badge. And describes concisely how I ended up buying my '17 GT350 after having the opportunity to test drive it. :)

Very clever! I feel the same way, even though my dealer wouldn't let any of his Shelbys be test-driven. He wanted them all with super low mileage so he could charge a $5000 ADM. I negotiated away the ADM and bought my '17 GT350 un-test-driven. No regrets!

• 1 month later...