TEAM SHELBY FORUM

removable headlight covers for my 08 GT500?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Unless they are DOT approved, you can get cited for having them on the car while it is in motion, even in the daytime, in many States.  So the demand dropped and so did the manufacturing for many models of cars.

I am in no way saying these fit properly, because I have no experience with them, but here is a clear cover set that is specific to the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500. They could be tinted to your preference?.....

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gts-gt0241c/applications/submodel/shelby-gt500?prefilter=1

^^^^This GTS company also makes tinted covers for the same application............but they say something about Carbon Fiber look??

I wonder if these clear covers would be a wise investment to place over the expensive HID housings for protection?

R

Edited by Robert M

I found a set last night and ordered them.  Ventshade part # 37412. It claims to be a direct fit for gt500.

I ordered mine thru a place called "AUTOPARTS warehouse."  These are smoked acrylic. Cost is 71.86 per pair.

I just plan on using mine at car shows. I spent hours and hours online, to find these.

Mine should be here in a few days!

Hope this helps you guys out :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 8:58 PM, mach2race said:

I found a set last night and ordered them.  Ventshade part # 37412. It claims to be a direct fit for gt500.

I ordered mine thru a place called "AUTOPARTS warehouse."  These are smoked acrylic. Cost is 71.86 per pair.

I just plan on using mine at car shows. I spent hours and hours online, to find these.

Mine should be here in a few days!

Hope this helps you guys out :)

Did you get these?  Curious if they worked.

This is a car I had a hand in designing and building for SEMA in 2004, One of the most unique things we did was crack upon the headlight buckets and apply a layer of tinted film that became clear when an electric current was introduced. So, when the lights were turned on, the light covers became clear. I sat in the car for hour during the SEMA show amazing passers by simply by flipping the lights on and off and seeing their reaction. That part of the build was one thing I did not participate in so I don't know the technical side of it, and the discussion about offering it to the public ended with the uncertainty about its legality.

image.png