TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby GTH Official Factory Build Numbers

Now that Hertz is selling off some of their 2016 GTH rental cars, along with some Hertz executives selling their personal non-rental GTH cars, there's probably no better time than now for some official 2016 Shelby GTH build numbers. So here we go:

172 Total number of cars badged as Shelby GTH cars. 171 production cars, 1 concept car.

156 Total number of naturally aspirated, automatic transmission cars. Majority of them were rental cars, some were not. The non-rented cars were sold to Hertz franchise owners as a personal car. One car, the concept car 16H0001C, was sold at Barrett-Jackson to benefit the Shelby Foundation.

16 Total number of supercharged, manual transmission cars. These are referred to as executive cars and were never placed into the Hertz rental fleet.

Because some of the ex-rental cars are already being owner modified with superchargers and manual transmissions the Shelby American Registry is going to break tradition and publicly post significant 2016 GTH CSM numbers below in the hope of deterring anyone from trying to misrepresent an owner modified ex-rental GTH as something it isn't.

CSM numbers 16H0001 to 16H0016 are the S/C, M/T, exec cars.

CSM number 16H0001C was the NYIAS "wall hanging" display car. Sold at Barrett-Jackson to benefit the Shelby Foundation.

CSM number 16H0171 was the Manhattan "unveil" car.

Hope these numbers help future 2016 GTH owners.

Steve

This is important information that needs to remain public. Thanks for sharing. I find it quite interesting that they chose to publish the number at 140 when they released this car, but instead ended up building 172. Still, a very rare Shelby automobile. I'd love to have one of the manual transmission cars some day.

This is important information that needs to remain public. Thanks for sharing. I find it quite interesting that they chose to publish the number at 140 when they released this car, but instead ended up building 172. Still, a very rare Shelby automobile. I'd love to have one of the manual transmission cars some day.

Hertz never said they were going to build exactly 140 units of the 2016 GT-H cars. In most of the original press releases what they said was that production would be “around 140 units”. Building an extra 30 or so cars didn’t really affect much.

Just FYI, Press release for 2016 cars: "Special run of 140 units can be rented exclusively through Hertz’s Adrenaline Collection at select airport locations" 

SHELBY AMERICAN HERTZ AND FORD MOTOR COMPANY LAUNCH 50TH ANNIVERSARY ED.pdf

Edited by H0050

Just FYI, Press release for 2016 cars: "Special run of 140 units can be rented exclusively through Hertz’s Adrenaline Collection at select airport locations" 

As I said before,hertz never said they would build exactly 140 units. They said they would build " around 140 units".

Here is the press release from hertz mentioning the "around 140 units" to be built.

http://newsroom.hertz.com/news-releases?item=137505

Saying they will have a special run of 140 units that can be rented is not the same thing as saying they will limit production to 140 units.

As I said before,hertz never said they would build exactly 140 units. They said they would build " around 140 units".

Here is the press release from hertz mentioning the "around 140 units" to be built.

http://newsroom.hertz.com/news-releases?item=137505

Saying they will have a special run of 140 units that can be rented is not the same thing as saying they will limit production to 140 units.

Not arguing, just showing press release. Thanks.

Edited by H0050

Not arguing either, I was also posting one of the Hertz early press releases that states that they will” build around 140 units”…. (Not exactly 140). Even in the press release you posted, while it does say 140 units available for rental, if you read down in the lower paragraphs it again mentions that Ford/Shelby/Hertz will build “around 140 units”. This topic of build numbers was posted to insure public accuracy. For whatever reason some people have been inaccurately saying or implying that originally the build was limited to 140 units and to my knowledge there was never a published document from Ford/Hertz/Shelby that the build would be limited to exactly 140 units.

Edited by mhr1961

• 1 year later...
Guest Teethworld

Thanks Steve, are from Hertz or from Shelby’s, can you explain any order that they were built, to co-inside with the time they’re built and shipped, ? I got a CSM 03

and from what I read the first 16 are all SC, then the other regular cars came out in any order to the badges ? 

Thanks Rich