TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jacking points

ChicagoChris

I found it more straight-forward (and reliable) to have Kenny Brown jacking rails welded on my car so I can jack if from any point of the rocker area. Takes all the worry out of the process.

Jim

Even with a low profile jack I can only use a piece of carpet that fits on the lift point of the jack. I think what you have Chris will work on some cars but not the GT.

I found it more straight-forward (and reliable) to have Kenny Brown jacking rails welded on my car so I can jack if from any point of the rocker area. Takes all the worry out of the process.

Jim

Any photos of these ?

Thanks for the info.

Looks like Steeda also has some jacking rails that are bolt-in. Part # 555-5209

I have the Kenny Browns and am very happy

But now the Steeda's are available I probably would go that route

http://www.s197.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130966&highlight=Jacking+rails

I just ordered these jacking rails 555-5209 from Steeda using the coupon code T10 for a 10% discount ($14.00).

My cost delivered is $125.95.

Pretty cheap to ensure you do not damage the pinch weld on a S197 Mustang when jacking up the car.

Even with a low profile jack I can only use a piece of carpet that fits on the lift point of the jack. I think what you have Chris will work on some cars but not the GT.

If carpet is all you can put between the jack plate and pinch weld you need to get a low profile race jack. There are lower jacks.

ebay shipped from China brand.

I went with the Steeda jacking rails-for a $125 I can be sure I won't damage the car when pulling the tires

Let me know what you think of the bolt on jacking rails. I wanted welded ones because of an experience from back in the 60's when the front U-joint on the driveshaft failed, the driveshaft dropped to the roadway and then severely damaged the car when it rebounded repeatedly before the car could be brought to a halt (learned about driveshaft straps from that one). A jacking rail dropping in the front would not do as much damage as a driveshaft but memories like those from 1966 tend to stay with you. Maybe at least spot weld them in place after the bolt in?

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

https://zl1addons.com/products/premium-universal-magpad-for-mustang-charger-and-most-all-other-cars-with-a-2-inch-opening-for-pinch-weld?variant=28542348481

I use these. They are magnetic and thinner than a hockey puck. They fit right in the middle of the larger jack surfaces. Just make sure you select the right ones for your car.

Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...