TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colorado

39Mustang

​Checking again to see how many Shelby and Mustang owners even Bronco's too live in and around the Denver CO. area?

​My long awaited ordeal of moving to CO is finally over. Banks, Lawyers, Lawsuit, Credit Agencies all kept me from moving to CO since 2014. A stupid mistake or actually a bonehead error by one employee from this billion dollar bank on my mortgage sent me back to the stone age. Anyone with a mortgage make sure you look at the figures on every statement or you could be screwed big time

​Anyway, spent 3 days looking in Parker, Franktown, even Larkspur to find that wooded private lot for the ponies to graze lol and found the perfect one in Franktown. Should be moved by late August early Sept.

​I did find another car guy when looking in Parker off Homestead Rd. I think and seen like a 6-7 car garage and sitting outside a beautiful 1970 Boss 302 in Grabber Yellow

During the warmer months do you guys have any monthly car show hangout?

Look for the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club. JeffJ probably has a contact. They used to do a monthly breakfast and drive. Most of the members are in the Denver/south area.

PS. Welcome to Colorado. We miss it, except we traded -20*F Winters for 117*F summers.

Edited by twobjshelbys

The Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club is mostly in the south Denver, Parker, Franktown area. I have not been able to attend many events this year due to my daughter's horse activities and my racing schedule, but they are very active. There are car shows every weekend. In the south area, probably the best cars and coffee event is at the Vehicle Vault monthly in Parker. Look it up. Also the first Saturday of every month is the Golden Super Cruise, but I don't do that much at it is just too packed and crazy. Thousands of cars go there. The number of car show events and cars and coffee type events in the Denver area is now saturated. It's impossible to keep up with how many there are every weekend. The number of private collections is also huge. Many are open to the public during certain times of the year. Obviously the Shelby American Collection in Boulder is a must see. Team Shelby will be participating in this years annual fund raiser show/event Saturday September 2nd. May also want to plan on the Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up in Steamboat Springs next June (Father's Day weekend). Over 450 Mustangs on the streets of Steamboat is always an awesome event.

http://www.vehiclevaultco.com/

https://shelbyamericancollection.org/

http://www.rockymountainmustangroundup.org/

Edited by JeffJ

The Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club is mostly in the south Denver, Parker, Franktown area. I have not been able to attend many events this year due to my daughter's horse activities and my racing schedule, but they are very active. There are car shows every weekend. In the south area, probably the best cars and coffee event is at the Vehicle Vault monthly in Parker. Look it up. Also the first Saturday of every month is the Golden Super Cruise, but I don't do that much at it is just too packed and crazy. Thousands of cars go there. The number of car show events and cars and coffee type events in the Denver area is now saturated. It's impossible to keep up with how many there are every weekend. The number of private collections is also huge. Many are open to the public during certain times of the year. Obviously the Shelby American Collection in Boulder is a must see. Team Shelby will be participating in this years annual fund raiser show/event Saturday September 2nd. May also want to plan on the Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up in Steamboat Springs next June (Father's Day weekend). Over 450 Mustangs on the streets of Steamboat is always an awesome event.

http://www.vehiclevaultco.com/

https://shelbyamericancollection.org/

http://www.rockymountainmustangroundup.org/

Yea 2 things always been on my list is the Rocky Mountain Roundup and to visit the Shelby Collection.

What happened to all the great cars that were in the Miller Collection after he died? He had them in the museum at the Utah track but they closed it

Yea 2 things always been on my list is the Rocky Mountain Roundup and to visit the Shelby Collection.

What happened to all the great cars that were in the Miller Collection after he died? He had them in the museum at the Utah track but they closed it

Many of their top cars are in Boulder (like CSX2000) right now. They often swapped cars between Boulder and Salt Lake when they moved cars for showing, etc. So Boulder has more cars in it right now than it ever has. I don't think you could even add up the $ sitting in there. The rest of the Miller collection is in storage in Salt Lake. There are rumors of them starting a new museum out there, but nothing is set as far as I know.

Many of their top cars are in Boulder (like CSX2000) right now. They often swapped cars between Boulder and Salt Lake when they moved cars for showing, etc. So Boulder has more cars in it right now than it ever has. I don't think you could even add up the $ sitting in there. The rest of the Miller collection is in storage in Salt Lake. There are rumors of them starting a new museum out there, but nothing is set as far as I know.

Miller's key cars, like CSX2000, the Daytona Coupe, and all of the GT40s are in Boulder.

I was in a brief discussion with some of the principals at last year's annual fundraiser about the concept of expanding the Boulder site to accommodate Miller's cars in the Boulder area. I gave them some suggestions as to some contacts for land. It doesn't look right now like we'll make it back this year so I won't get a chance to get an update.

When I seen his collection at the track it was the SAAC Convention so that was 2007 and seeing one of the Daytona Coupes, one of the 3 winning GT40's, and quite a few championship GT350's and Cobra's was amazing!

Didn't Miller have 2 of the Daytona Coupes?

Regardless can't wait to get to Colorado and enjoy the things out there and driving the Mustangs through the many great country roads. I was down in Larkspur and took Parker Rd./Hwy 83 back to Parker and if have late model Shelby or Cobra or Harley Davidson that is a great drive