TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 American Muscle Car Show - Saturday, August 12th

Z-man

Join Team Shelby at the largest all Mustang show in the World, the 2017 American Muscle Car Show on Saturday, August 12th, at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, PA.

Here is the link for registration and more info....http://www.americanmuscle.com/2017-mustang-car-show-info.html

Our participation in the show this year is 'low key'. We are just going to hang out with other enthusiasts for the day, enjoy the cars, and relax with friends.

We will be meeting up in the morning, like we did last year (time and place are TBD), and driving into the show together so that we can all park in the same area to represent Team Shelby.

Our "Shelby Girl" from Carlisle, Bex Russ, will be joining us for the day. If you don't know Bex, or even if you do, check her out here....http://www.shockerracing.com/index.php/featured-rides/featured-articles/269-bex-russ-model-at-ford-nationals

If there is interest, a formal photo shoot with Bex and your car can be arranged to take place at the show. Message me or email me at TeamShelbyNortheast@icloud.com for more info and pricing.

NOTE: If you are going, please respond back to this thread so we know who to expect to see at the show. Without your response, we won't know how many folks to plan for.

See you there!

Z-man / Bill

Z-man,

I'm planning on going in mine along with my sister and her 13/gt. I was only able to purchase a general admission ticket for the show as all the VIP tickets are sold out. I'm looking to up-grade/purchase a VIP ticket if anyone has an extra available or is not able to make it that had already purchased a ticket. Please let me know along with details about where to meet and roll in together for the show.

Mike

We will be meeting at the Holiday Inn in Morgantown (see hotel info below), at 8:00 am. We will depart for the show no later than 8:30 am. It's a 10 to 15 minute drive to Maple Grove Raceway.

If you need a hotel in the area, book it NOW!!! Almost everything is sold out due to the show.

Reply below if you will be driving in with us.

Hotel information:

Holiday Inn Morgantown PA

6170 Morgantown Rd

Morgantown, PA 19543

Just a reminder that Shelby Girl Bex Russ will be in attendance at American Muscle.

Spots are still available for a formal session with Bex and your Shelby...what a great combination!

Bex can pose with any items you may bring (trophies, sign, memorabilia) or in your Shelby gear (jacket, hat, shirt), and you can help pick the poses you want.

Digital prints will be provided day of the show, if you bring a thumb drive or SD card.

Contact teamshelbynortheast@icloud.com for photo options and pricing.

Bex Combo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few folks responded on Facebook that they would be attending.

If you don't use Facebook, please reply here (you can reply both places if you wish).

Looks like we will have a nice group!

Z-man / Bill

I'll be there! This is about half hour from my house. I also got general admission - not VIP. Anyone know of a way to upgrade?

You can check with AM, but I think VIP is all sold out.

You driving in and parking with the Team Shelby group?

Edited by Z-man

American Muscle has announced the show is a "GO" for Saturday.

Once again, we will be meeting at the Holiday Inn in Morgantown (see hotel info below), at 8:00 am. We will depart for the show no later than 8:30 am. It's a 10 to 15 minute drive to Maple Grove Raceway.

Hotel information:
Holiday Inn Morgantown PA
6170 Morgantown Rd
Morgantown, PA 19543

Bex Russ, as well as a few other aspiring Shelby Girls, will be in attendance. Be sure to inquire about a photo session during the show.

I'll also have the few remaining Team Shelby East Coast Grand National t-shirts with me. If you want one, this may be your last chance.

Z-man / Bill

How was the event folks? I had to miss due to a schedule conflict. Helped raise some money with Operation Chill-Out for our vets but missed a chance to meet a few of you. Would love to hear some about what I missed!

We had a good turn out to represent Team Shelby, and the weather cooperated as well. There were many, MANY Shelby's on the show field. I walked the entire show with Walt Mayo (NJ State Director), and Bex Russ (Shelby Girl), and we placed an invitation to join Team Shelby under the windshield wiper on every one.

Lots of nice cars, and always fun to spend the day with the Team Shelby gang!

Pictures to follow once I get them edited.

Z-man / Bill

Photos of our Shelby Girl, Bex Russ, with some of our cars, and an event write up can bee seen here....http://www.shockerracing.com/index.php/featured-rides/featured-articles/286-american-muscle-2017-with-bex-russ-a-bianca-owens

Other car photos to follow. (not having PhotoBucket anymore is cramping my style :( )

Bill / Z-man