TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Currently Renting 16H0121

My wife gave a few days in Orlando for my birthday, along with a Hertz Shelby rental. We picked up 16H0121 yesterday and are having a blast with it.

Has anyone who has rented or owns one of these had a rattling issue? This cars door area rattle like crazy at 65-70 MPH. I believe it is wind related as it only occurs as the speed increases.

:headscratch:

What if you go faster?

:lol:

When I had 085 the only thing that shook was the hood. Doors were quite.

Edited by 19again

My wife gave a few days in Orlando for my birthday, along with a Hertz Shelby rental. We picked up 16H0121 yesterday and are having a blast with it.

Has anyone who has rented or owns one of these had a rattling issue? This cars door area rattle like crazy at 65-70 MPH. I believe it is wind related as it only occurs as the speed increases.

The only thing in that area would be the rocker or more likely the carbon fiber wing right behind the door / in front of the rear tire. Some of us refer to this part as a "winglet" and Hertz has had problems with these coming loose.

Perhaps one side of this winglet is loose so at speed it starts flopping in the wind.

Steve

We turned the car in yesterday and I told the Hertz Rep about the noise. He didn't seem very concerned. I agree with Steve, I think it was rocker panel or winglets. We drove the car about 350 miles and what a blast to drive (once you got past the rattling). The rattling only got worse the faster you went, is all I will say.

I recently rented 061 for a week in the San Francisco area. No rattle. Lots of hood shaking that made me pull over and check it when I first ran it. Seems to be the fabrication. rental rate was just a little more than the Mustang GT coupe, not the ridiculous rates of last year. About $700 for five days. They had a bunch at SFO. Good thing as the first one reserved would not start. Dead battery??!!! Still a life a hassle of paperwork , credit cards and multiple ID requests despite having a Gold Card with full insurance pre-set. . I finally asked out loud in the room who carries more than one photo ID when traveling unless you are going international. They accepted one ID. Wife was very patient through pickup ordeal. She knew that with my usual Shelby attire, the car was the only proper travel accessory to use.