TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nashville

Tourist. Did you stay at Opryland or Downtown? Only asking if you were Downtown and hit the cool sites. Howdy and welcome to Tennessee. Have to rustle you up some Tennessee Moonshine as a house warming gift. When I was younger, I knew some folks that had stills and some that made runs from East Tennessee. Not so much anymore.

You can take that front license plate off by the way.

We stayed in Franklin and mostly explored that immediate area only. At some point we'll do more Nashville city exploring. I am looking forward to permanently removing that front plate!!!

Moving there after the closing. We paid a visit this past weekend to get more familiar with the area. Even did the Grand Ole Opry :lol: . Really looking forward to the move! We're doing so in stages; at some point I'm just gonna take a nice cruise in the Shelby GT to move it there :shift: . I have great plans for a new Shelby man cave!

Careful, the speed limit at the Opry is posted "24 MPH". True Story!!

• 1 month later...

Here's a pic of IlmorLand! Starting to move in next week! The Shelby will be kept in the lower garage (driveway to left).

https://content.invisioncic.com/h234019/gallery/album_201/gallery_8757_201_94527.jpg

Edited by ilmor

Sweet! That's my dream house, barndaminiums are really cool. Not far from where I live now they built a community of them, 2-5 acre lots with beautiful barndaminiums on each. Lower level all workshop and garage and 2000 - 4200 sf living space on the second and third floors.

Sweet! That's my dream house, barndaminiums are really cool. Not far from where I live now they built a community of them, 2-5 acre lots with beautiful barndaminiums on each. Lower level all workshop and garage and 2000 - 4200 sf living space on the second and third floors.

Thanks! Not actually a "barndaminum" though, which are metal buildings typically, but it is definitely a barn appearance, which we really like as well! The home and garage / apt. are all wood frame. The walkout basement is reinforced concrete on 3 sides. The home was built in 2005.

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

And a gun rack 

I have my dog with me :-)

i think I’ll pass on the gun rack though...not that I don’t like guns...

Edited by ilmor
Used wrong quote

Was nice but weird after all the snow and the cold.  Weather is very strange around here.  Don’t see gun racks much anymore but you do need to redneck that thing up a little.  Have to blend with the neighbors now that you ain’t one of those northerners.  War between the States still rages round here.

42 minutes ago, Bearbo said:

Was nice but weird after all the snow and the cold.  Weather is very strange around here.  Don’t see gun racks much anymore but you do need to redneck that thing up a little.  Have to blend with the neighbors now that you ain’t one of those northerners.  War between the States still rages round here.

I have not lived in Nashville for 20 years, but back then most acted like the war was still going on.  I would imagine it has gotten better.  I moved their straight from Long Island, my accent was strong, some loved it, others straight out told me to go back home.  LMAO 

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2018 at 7:37 PM, carnut12 said:

I have not lived in Nashville for 20 years, but back then most acted like the war was still going on.  I would imagine it has gotten better.  I moved their straight from Long Island, my accent was strong, some loved it, others straight out told me to go back home.  LMAO 

Haven't experienced anything like that so far;  everyone I've met here as been very friendly.

This weekend I'm heading back north, however.  I'm going to finally get into my SGT and drive it back here next week!!!  It will be so great to have and drive it again.

Last weekend both the regional Team Shelby club and my local Mustang Club (Music City Mustangs) was in town at an event called Nashville Cars and Coffee.  And there I was, no SGT but was instead in a friends Corvette!!

On 11/23/2017 at 9:39 AM, ilmor said:

Here's a pic of IlmorLand! Starting to move in next week! The Shelby will be kept in the lower garage (driveway to left).

gallery_8757_201_94527.jpg

The picture does not show up. Would love to see the new homestead. Welcome to the south. I’m originally from Michigan and have lived in the northern part of Atlanta for the past 39 years. The people are from all over the country now. Yeah the first couple of years it was your not from around here. Now it never comes up. 

Mike 

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The picture does not show up. Would love to see the new homestead. Welcome to the south. I’m originally from Michigan and have lived in the northern part of Atlanta for the past 39 years. The people are from all over the country now. Yeah the first couple of years it was your not from around here. Now it never comes up. 

Mike 

Can’t figure out an easy way to insert the pic, however I think I did manage to edit and add a link to the pic, or my Gallery and you’ll find it there. 

Edited by ilmor

12 minutes ago, ilmor said:

Can’t figure out an easy way to insert the pic, however I think I did manage to edit and add a link to the pic, or my Gallery and you’ll find it there. 

Wow that’s one cool homestead. The garage is really Hugh. You can sit out on the deck and admire your SGT as the sun sets. Nice piece of property for sure. Next week you will have the Shelby so post some pictures. Your area should be good for picking some automobilia for walls in the garage. Congrats man. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Wow that’s one cool homestead. The garage is really Hugh. You can sit out on the deck and admire your SGT as the sun sets. Nice piece of property for sure. Next week you will have the Shelby so post some pictures. Your area should be good for picking some automobilia for walls in the garage. Congrats man. 

Thanks and yes, I will post up some Shelby pics!

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Damn Bob.....I’ve been away from the site and missed all this. I remember you saying you guys were moving down south. 

Holy crap buddy! 

CONGRATULATIONS!! :rockon:

Chris 

Thanks Chris - that’s us...when we say we’re going to do something, we git ‘er done!!  

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

That’s cool! But I was more talking about the “Northeast Region”. 

I really like that SGT cartoon buddy! 

Oh! Well...I changed everything that I know of here to get that to change...I don’t know how to fix it!