TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 Super Snake WB

Anyone else looking at acquiring the new wide body Super Snake? Just wanting to start a discussion as I'm hoping to order one as soon as they are up and going. I am looking to use the 2018 model for the base. Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone else looking at acquiring the new wide body Super Snake? Just wanting to start a discussion as I'm hoping to order one as soon as they are up and going. I am looking to use the 2018 model for the base. Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated.

Toddlaing12, interested in knowing why you are going with a 2018 base car and not taking advantage of the 2017 50th Anniversary edition?

Steve

I am going with an automatic so the biggest reason is the new 10 auto in the 2018. There are several other new for 18 things I want such as the digital gauges and upgraded interior trim options. I think either car 18/17 will look spectacular with the widebody upgrade. Seeing that I don't already have a car to start with it just makes more sense to start with the latest n greatest model. But the new transmission was the biggest issue for me. The new 10 speed will be far superior to the existing automatic. Only down side is it will probably take longer to get it by wanting the 18!!

Todd

Edited by Toddlaing12

I am going with an automatic so the biggest reason is the new 10 auto in the 2018. There are several other new for 18 things I want such as the digital gauges and upgraded interior trim options. I think either car 18/17 will look spectacular with the widebody upgrade. Seeing that I don't already have a car to start with it just makes more sense to start with the latest n greatest model. But the new transmission was the biggest issue for me. The new 10 speed will be far superior to the existing automatic. Only down side is it will probably take longer to get it by wanting the 18!!

Todd

Thanks Todd and your reasoning is sound. Heck I'm not even sure if Ford is still building 2017 cars which means a 2017 base car would need to be dealer located. A situation you will not encounter with a 2018.

Steve

That was exactly what worried me to start with before I found out I could use the 2018. . Even if I wanted to use a 2017 it may not have been possible to find the exact one you wanted due to limited supply going forward. With a build like this you want to get exactly what you want the first time!

Todd

Edited by Toddlaing12

Nice list of rides! That new Orange fury would look nice on the new WB!! What are your thoughts on your wide body super snake? Did you purchase it new from SA? If so how was that experience? This would be my first vehicle purchase from them just looking for others who have already gone through a build!

It will definitely not be a DD. The last car I had was a Porsche Turbo and I put less than 5k a year on it. It will be a fair weather enjoyment vehicle for sure. It will be driven just under good conditions!

Edited by Toddlaing12

It will definitely not be a DD. The last car I had was a Porsche Turbo and I put less than 5k a year on it. It will be a fair weather enjoyment vehicle for sure. It will be driven just under good conditions!

Well my experience may or may not apply to your situation very much. My 13 SS is not a DD but it has almost 72K miles on it. I put 20K miles on the stock gt500 before handing it over to SAI. This helped me to appreciate all the new features and power that came with the SS pkg. After taking delivery of the new SS, I put roughly 8-10K miles on the car while under the SAI, 12-month warranty. Because I drove it enough, I was able to identify several issues from the SAI build, and thankfully they honored the warranty without question for the dozen or so issues I found. I was not expecting to have so many things come apart or fall off, but I have nearly reached all the adjustments necessary to make the car what I expected it to be upon delivery.

Bottom line- if you don't drive it A LOT after taking delivery, you may figure out a defect/issue well after your warranty runs out.

Good to know. I think some of that is to be expected with these custom builds. Had some of the same issues with the BackDraft cobra build we did as well. If I'm not mistaken a new SA build comes with 3y/36k warranty so that is reassuring. That being said I had a fair amount of issues with the Porsche as well. Would you guys knowing what you know have any reservations about doing the 2018 SS widebody build that I'm looking at?