TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Might be buying an 08 shelby gt need info

Sgrcltpunk

The car has 111000 miles on it a wipple supercharger and slp loud mouth exhaust around 500rwhp my question is do these come with forged internals or should i worry about this thing letting go on me? Also is 14000 a good price?

The internals are not forged, but the engine can handle the Whipple without any issues. Although never published the conventional wisdom (ie, Ford unofficial position) is that the 4.6L 3V engine can take up to ~625 HP (at the crank) so a 500RWHP at 15% loss would be about 588 crank. You should have good margin. [And it's a good sign that it has up to 110K on the clock, depending on when the conversion was done.]

111K would be a fairly high miles Shelby GT, so someone really drove it more like a regular car. I don't know about high miles SGT pricing but low miles cars have had asking prices in the mid to high 20s. I would say that price would be mostly dependent on exterior and interior condition and history. Be sure to check all sources for accident history.

Good luck

Edited by twobjshelbys

I guess my first thought would be: Why buy such a high mileage car when there are so many lower mileage cars available. Unless you just want to tear it apart for the track or something like that, I'd be tempted to find something that wasn't going to be prone to breaking due to wear and tear.

At that price though you could really go at the engine even replace it and still be in the Green. Who cares about the mileage its still a Shelby GT