TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I counted 30 of the 2016 GT-H's for sale.

8 hours ago, dshafs said:

I just procured #125 from Don Miller at Vantage Sportscars in Orlando.  I can't speak highly enough about this guy and the entire experience with him.  He really knows the Hertz cars.  He has sold more than 30 of them.  He told me there has been a flurry of activity in the last two weeks.  Hertz has only about 15 left and they are ALL on the West Coast.   He still has two expensive cars that have not been rented and one extremely expensive executive car.  

I am pretty darned excited.  Have not seen one in person....

Good job! You will love it! We hadn't sat in anything newer than the wifes 2013 v6 premium when we bought ours from Costa Mesa Cal.

And no one just walks past this Shelby, Mustang show, hot rod show, or the gas station!

It’s a tough search.  So many have accident history.  The one in Scottsdale doesn’t even have the front grill or stripes on the nose piece and they won’t budge on price!

if the present is any indication, I could wait a few years and save a few thousand but who cares about that?!?

i talked to John in Tulsa and he happened to have the 16 I had been pursuing from Charlotte.  He said the other car there was trashed.

the final question is whether to sell the 07 if I find a descent 16 or try and keep them both.

if I wait too long everything will happen without my input.

B11366B6-A722-4AC8-B908-071D6732FF85.png

23 hours ago, 07GTH371 said:

It’s a tough search.  So many have accident history.  The one in Scottsdale doesn’t even have the front grill or stripes on the nose piece and they won’t budge on price!

if the present is any indication, I could wait a few years and save a few thousand but who cares about that?!?

i talked to John in Tulsa and he happened to have the 16 I had been pursuing from Charlotte.  He said the other car there was trashed.

the final question is whether to sell the 07 if I find a descent 16 or try and keep them both.

if I wait too long everything will happen without my input.

B11366B6-A722-4AC8-B908-071D6732FF85.png

Out of the 20 or so left, have all of them been in accidents? How do you know? I see several that still have low miles. Maybe in the body shop for a while?

Good luck! 

On 7/3/2018 at 11:46 PM, blz57 said:

Out of the 20 or so left, have all of them been in accidents? How do you know? I see several that still have low miles. Maybe in the body shop for a while?

Good luck! 

Most of the locations I've called have been up front with me about accident history.  They are also very locked in on price which I find amazing.  A 17000 mile car with no damage history is selling for the same price as a 30000 mile car with repair work done.  Also, if you have access to Carfax, it shows some info.

I can't say how many of the remaining have damage but I will say I haven't found one in the last month that hasn't had repair work done.  

In the end, I quess it doesn't matter if it's minor.  I am standing firm on the car having all of it's bits and pieces which is another frustration.  The above car with a GT front, another missing side scoops, another missing floor mats with a busted splitter.  If that's all that is left, I'll wait until someone like me sells theirs in the future.

The hardest part in all of this is selling the 07.  I wish I had more room, I would keep it for a very long time and I'm sure it would reward me when I decided to sell.  

I believe once all the 16's are gone, the 06-07 market will start it's slow upswing.  There were a bunch of us who decided to sell to get the 16 and that bumped the price down a bit.  

If I may, if you find a car that has that level of damage that may be acceptable, and correctly repaired - but is missing something that you can pick up at SA (like floor mats) - I would consider that. Not all of us have perfect cars either, sporting evidence of a rental history. Some slight, some no so. As long as the bones are good, that is the most important, along with miles.  

Just a thought.

2 hours ago, blz57 said:

If I may, if you find a car that has that level of damage that may be acceptable, and correctly repaired - but is missing something that you can pick up at SA (like floor mats) - I would consider that. Not all of us have perfect cars either, sporting evidence of a rental history. Some slight, some no so. As long as the bones are good, that is the most important, along with miles.  

Just a thought.

i don’t disagree with you, I’m just trying to find the best example since the price is static.  I have been told repair costs from $500 to $20000.  Obviously the higher that number, the more the repair should be considered. Frankly, all off us would prefer a clean history if possible.

Hertz makes this a challenge by listing, delisting, and occasionally moving the vehicles.

it will work out in the end.  I’m just sharing thoughts, and reaching out to others in my situation.  Like 10 years ago, we have a savvy bunch that don’t trade info until their prize is secured.

back to the hunt.....

8 hours ago, 07GTH371 said:

i don’t disagree with you, I’m just trying to find the best example since the price is static.  I have been told repair costs from $500 to $20000.  Obviously the higher that number, the more the repair should be considered. Frankly, all off us would prefer a clean history if possible.

Hertz makes this a challenge by listing, delisting, and occasionally moving the vehicles.

it will work out in the end.  I’m just sharing thoughts, and reaching out to others in my situation.  Like 10 years ago, we have a savvy bunch that don’t trade info until their prize is secured.

back to the hunt.....

Got it, and good luck once again with the hunt.

I understand your trials and tribulations.  I had found a GTH in Riverside, 12.8k miles, but was later told it had minor front end damage when rear-ended another vehicle. Cost $1k for repairs, and the dealer was very upfront, showing me the receipts. Found another in Norwalk, 12.2k miles and made them a net offer (including all taxes, registration, fees, etc.) sight unseen. They hemmed and hawed for awhile then called me back and accepted my offer. Had a friend drive me from Oxnard down to Norwalk and the car was pretty much what they said it was. Had some patina from its rental history (scraped splitter, hood stripes stained, missing Shelby dash plaque)  but was otherwise totally complete and Carfax clean history.

The sweet spot for buying these cars may be closing.

Edited by Dr Garry Kraft

In the spirit of sharing information, I looked at 57 this weekend and it let me down.  

Broken side scoop, a significant dent above the right rear quarter, no floor mats, missing the piece over the radiator, and a salesman that claimed 140 made.

2 hours ago, 07GTH371 said:

In the spirit of sharing information, I looked at 57 this weekend and it let me down.  

Broken side scoop, a significant dent above the right rear quarter, no floor mats, missing the piece over the radiator, and a salesman that claimed 140 made.

Where was it?

On 7/8/2018 at 9:27 PM, 07GTH371 said:

Oklahoma City.  My photos of the damage are too large to post.

The best part was the salesman guaranteeing it would be worth $200,000 in 23 years.  Specific and optimistic all in one.

you should have asked him to put that delusion guarantee in writing and sign it..........

Edited by mhr1961
spelling

7 hours ago, 07GTH371 said:

I have an original radiator cover, I will part with for an excellent Shelby price.;-) We invested in carbon fiber pieces that really finished out the under hood!

Again, early buyers paid a premium price for nicer cars. What's left are for the boys that had to have one last smoke before going into the dance. Ours had issues, the dealer replaced the blades, swapped on a better air splitter, and located new floor mats.

They've all been driven like they were rented, and the last of them kicked out the back door in the morning.

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

First things first.  The carbon looks outstanding on the GT-H and after dealing with those 2 ton hoods, the struts were a great move!

Second, you're right, while you were dancing, I was in the parking lot getting up the nerve.  If I don't find it, so be it.

14 minutes ago, 07GTH371 said:

First things first.  The carbon looks outstanding on the GT-H and after dealing with those 2 ton hoods, the struts were a great move!

Second, you're right, while you were dancing, I was in the parking lot getting up the nerve.  If I don't find it, so be it.

Good eye my friend, the struts were a must as there is no place for the prop rod now. I know there is another asking for info, and I will post when the install is complete.

Good hunting.

12 hours ago, Owenbdk said:

I have an original radiator cover, I will part with for an excellent Shelby price.;-) We invested in carbon fiber pieces that really finished out the under hood!

Again, early buyers paid a premium price for nicer cars. What's left are for the boys that had to have one last smoke before going into the dance. Ours had issues, the dealer replaced the blades, swapped on a better air splitter, and located new floor mats.

They've all been driven like they were rented, and the last of them kicked out the back door in the morning.

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

The Carbon Fiber looks fantastic!!

:thumbsup:

On 7/8/2018 at 11:35 PM, Owenbdk said:

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

Might you please share where you got the tank cover?  Thanks

Looks like down to 15 Cars on Autotrader.  Don't bother with the car that is on Ebay in Mt. Juliet Tennessee.  My cousin went to test drive it for me.  Said everyone at the dealership was aloof and could care less about customer service.  He took a bunch of pictures.  Car does not look good.   Don at Vantage Sportscars said it had 4K worth of damage.  Matter of fact he said just about every car left (except his of course) has had damage repairs.  

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, 07GTH371 said:

# 076 just popped up on the list near me, mileage questionable. Want me to take a look? It is about 2 minutes from where I work. Brent

7 hours ago, blz57 said:

# 076 just popped up on the list near me, mileage questionable. Want me to take a look? It is about 2 minutes from where I work. Brent

That would be great. Thank you. Reason I question the mileage....when Hertz was advertising the car earlier this spring, they were stating it had over 23000.0 miles. The current dealership's listing of 2858 miles is likely a typo.   

1 hour ago, HERTZ II said:

That would be great. Thank you. Reason I question the mileage....when Hertz was advertising the car earlier this spring, they were stating it had over 23000.0 miles. The current dealership's listing of 2858 miles is likely a typo.   

On it.

14 hours ago, blz57 said:

On it.

#76 confirmed a GT-H, will be here this weekend. Salesman thought low 20's on the mileage. 

Anyone want me to look at this for them?

Brent

• 2 weeks later...

I think 108 in Wisconsin is the best car out there right now - other than Don's "never rented" cars at Vantage Sportscars.  

They just lowered the price 2K also.  I wonder what they would really take.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=468642585&hideBackLink=true&Log=0

On 7/17/2018 at 9:51 PM, blz57 said:

#76 confirmed a GT-H, will be here this weekend. Salesman thought low 20's on the mileage. 

Anyone want me to look at this for them?

Brent

On the lot now. Has 91 Octane label.  076 CSM confirmed with picture.