TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I counted 30 of the 2016 GT-H's for sale.

I checked the Hertz Car Sales site this morning and I counted 27 of the 2016 GT-H's for sale along with 3 others currently for sale on ebay though Vantage Sports Cars in Florida. This makes a total of 30 currently for sale that I can find. It looks like all 27 that are sale at Hertz are all just sitting outside in the elements. Too bad these cars are priced so high otherwise there wouldn't be 30 freakin cars for sale.

Just a Sunday morning observation on my part.

QSS

What are they down to at this point? So funny didn't they start at like $150K or so. The Shelby name continues to phase away, the offerings are out of normal folks budget. Unless strategy is changed I do not think the current business model is sustainable long term. Just my 2 cents

A bunch of us said these would sell if they got down to $50K or so, I still stand by that.

Rental rates have dropped dramatically also. I just reserved one in San Francisco for five days. Remember when they came out at $350/day or more rates? I am getting it for $750 for a weekly rate, including insurance! That is only about $20/day over renting a Mustang GT.

I checked the Hertz Car Sales site this morning and I counted 27 of the 2016 GT-H's for sale along with 3 others currently for sale on ebay though Vantage Sports Cars in Florida. This makes a total of 30 currently for sale that I can find. It looks like all 27 that are sale at Hertz are all just sitting outside in the elements. Too bad these cars are priced so high otherwise there wouldn't be 30 freakin cars for sale.

Just a Sunday morning observation on my part.

QSS

Just setting the record straight.............

....there are 28 cars currently listed on the Hertz Car Sales site

....the Florida dealer has 4 cars F/S (not all on Ebay)

....an east coast Licensee was even advertising his car on Craig's List until recently

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/78992-06-07-16-gt-hs-currently-for-sale-on-various-websites-updated-52717/

I just noticed most have over 10K Rental miles, I wouldn't even pay $50K for these, closer to $40K in my opinion.

You know probably 25% of the miles are Beat on miles.

A brand new far superior GT350 can be had for $60K and you get to pick the color and options.

Exactly.

QSS

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been wondering for a few days now about the 2016 GT-H and those for sale, and what kind of car it is, and the pricing, etc. I'm interested in everyone else's thoughts on the cars for sale.

It appears to me, that the 2016 GT-H is nothing like the original '66 and then the '06. A guy at a car show saw my '06 GT-H and said he felt it was one of the last few true Shelby cars since they were Mustang GTs sent off to Vegas to have the modifications done. Additionally, the 2016 GT-H doesn't have any engine upgrades/mods like the '06 did. For 2016 its't he black and gold paint, a different hood, some suspension tweaks, and the Hertz and GT-H badging everywhere. So, in my opinion, it's more like a regular Mustang GT than it is a GT350. So with that being said, my questions about pricing come into play.

You can get a 2015/2016 Shelby GT350 for $10k-$15k less than what Hertz is asking for these GT-Hs now. You can get a 2016 Mustang GT for even less. Yes I understand there were a limited number made (some articles state the 140 mark, others 170 or 171, etc.) and that the rarity is supposedly to increase value. But does it make sense to pay MORE for a car that has LESS and has been rented (potentially abused) by multiple drivers? Don't get me wrong, I would still love to be able to get a 2016 GT-H to go with my 2006, but then the practical car buyer in me says, "why?" I should save some money and buy a GT350 instead.

Happy to hear opinions from others, but I guess I'm saying these cars should be closer to $40k rather than $65k-$70 (for the ones that have been rented, yes I know exec cars, never rented, the few manuals, etc. can command a premium). I did call about one for sale (of the 30 or so out there) and played dumb a little bit to see what the sales guy would say as to why these are so much money when they're basically a GT model with some fancy changes. He said there are not many available (only 140 made which is wrong) and he didn't know how to respond when I said there are about 30 for sale right now, so supply and demand is certainly not helping the selling aspect at this point.

Who knows, and maybe I can just hit the lottery and then I don't have to worry about overspending to get a 2016 version. Although I see from the cars for sale thread that #14 has already been sold (I have 2006 #14).

There's actually many more items done to the '16, than was to the '06. The side skirts, front splitter, rear spoiler, etc. The exhaust is also done similar to the '06. I do agree, the price should truly be between $40-$50K. They would all sell for that pretty quickly. Anything over that, not many will sell I don't think. I will be in around 40-45K, but that might not happen. It will eventually, so I guess I will wait. Now if I didn't just get my wife a new Raptor......

There's actually many more items done to the '16, than was to the '06. The side skirts, front splitter, rear spoiler, etc. The exhaust is also done similar to the '06. I do agree, the price should truly be between $40-$50K. They would all sell for that pretty quickly. Anything over that, not many will sell I don't think. I will be in around 40-45K, but that might not happen. It will eventually, so I guess I will wait. Now if I didn't just get my wife a new Raptor......

But I think the biggest difference is that it's all cosmetic, whereas in 2006 they did bump the hp and the torque through some engine mods. There's no power increase for the 2016 other than what you might gain with the exhaust change.

And by the way... got your wife a new Raptor? Uh huh. ;)

HP in 2006 was only bumped with a cold air intake and tune to 325 hp, so no actual engine mods, and very low cost. The cost to build a 2016 is much, much more than what was done in 2006. It already has 435 hp, so really didn't need much more for a rental car. Can't really down play the hp of a stock Coyote. They take so little to get HP out of them with user mods. I do understand that Shelby did not add any mods, but it is really impressive for the couple that I have rented. The sound is awesome. They did also add the Ford Racing suspension similar to 2006. I love my '06 and it will never go away, but the '16 is so much more of car. They are both awesome.

Yes, loving the Raptor. It is an amazing truck!

Raptor1_zpsu9djfxu9.jpg

Edited by JeffJ

You just nailed what the majority of us have been saying since they went for sale at $150K a few months ago.

They will come down in price once again, they aren't selling.

As far as your point on the GT350, I couldn't agree more, no chance I would buy one of these over a GT350, with the miles on them some might not sell over regular GT money.

Edited by carnut12

• 2 weeks later...

You are correct and the only other price reduction is the other Charlotte car, 16h039, though not quite below the $60k threshold. However, this could be an indication of a price adjustment for all 33 listed cars?

Great purchase in my opinion. There arent that many. Those who wait until market hits bottom may end up SOL. To each his own and I know you are loving driving that car. It is a total head turner and you hear it before you see it, so everyone sees it!