TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help putting a value on 07SGT0016 with 2516 miles on her

Bcbury

I would love to see him come back here in 15 hours (time left on the auction) and tell us all about how he got NO bids on the car.....

My guess would be because it comes with the Mexican driver Manuel, as stated in the last line in the description... :shrug:

" it also has all Original equipment down to the factory tires, Plus it has the owners Manuel and both sets of keys."

I Googled his VIN# as he suggested and WOW, where he got that the first 25 Cars were sold at Auction for the CS Foundation is a total mystery to me. A Post by Amy B. here on Team Shelby was the first Link on the Google Page and it was where Amy listed the VIN#'s of the first 25 Cars Built so TS Members could see if one of them was THEIR Car. If he had ANY Brains, that is what he would have read as well.......... I guess some people need to Embellish and Add to the Truth just to make a Buck. This is TOTAL Fraud and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Sorry Bcbury, you were either sold a line of incorrect information on this car, or you're making much of this up yourself. Either way, much of the information you are telling about this car is not true and can be validated. Sure, it has some cool history and signatures, but that does not make it what you think it is. Good luck on your sale.

I think this guy was hoping to get some validation from the TS forum to help support his pricing. Let's face it, he got burned big time and is twisting in the wind trying to bail himself out. But you have to admit, all those decals he bought should add something..... :clapping:

A little additional information on 07SGT0016. This SGT was not even built when Carroll celebrated his 84th birthday so I'm not sure how Carroll could be driven around in the car on his 84th birthday.

Factory build records show 07SGT0016 was a regular/normal/average SGT build that was shipped to an Arizona Ford dealership for retail sale.

A little additional information on 07SGT0016. This SGT was not even built when Carroll celebrated his 84th birthday so I'm not sure how Carroll could be driven around in the car on his 84th birthday.

Factory build records show 07SGT0016 was a regular/normal/average SGT build that was shipped to an Arizona Ford dealership.

Well.....at least it was one of the first 25 built (according to Amy)...........He at least got THAT right.

Edited by tesgt350

Also cannot find any evidence that this car was ever sold at Barrett. Results of those auctions are on their website back through 2007. It was sold at a Kruse auction in 2010, but the results of that are not easily found as that company has change names a few times and had bankruptcy issues in 2010. Results of those auctions do not appear to be listed anywhere easily found.

Factory build records show 07SGT0016 was a regular/normal/average SGT build that was shipped to an Arizona Ford dealership.

The last Photo in the Ebay Posting says it was at CS's 85th & 86th Bash so maybe he just misstated that one.

The last Photo in the Ebay Posting says it was at CS's 85th & 86th Bash so maybe he just misstated that one.

I'm just going by what he posted here on TS and what he wrote in his ebay description.

If one is going to claim their car has some extra monetary value because of a certain event you would think they would know when that event took place.

I think this guy was hoping to get some validation from the TS forum to help support his pricing. Let's face it, he got burned big time and is twisting in the wind trying to bail himself out. But you have to admit, all those decals he bought should add something..... :clapping:

That is what he was looking for. The guy that bought one of mine tried the same thing.

I was told once that they add something like 5HP each. :whistling:

So, here's what I suspect happened:

- He had little or no knowledge of Shelby vehicles or heritage

- He was approached with an "unbelievable" opportunity to own a "1-of-25" piece of Shelby history at a "bargain" price

- He did NO research into any of the claims that were stated by the seller

- Due to this lack of research, he paid WAY too much money for the car (read: impulse buy), perhaps in hopes of flipping it at a profit

- He started to finally look into how much money he was going to make when he sold it, and was slapped with some stark reality (thanks to this forum)

- Now that he realizes he was taken, he is panicking and trying to "pay it forward" to the next lucky owner...

My guess is that he'd probably be breaking even at $100K, OUCH!

Anton

Edited by Cougster

For comparison, can't this car be had for around a hundred large???

I couldn't find it on SA's site anymore? :headscratch:

It's there but kinda hidden. Although prices are not listed the current asking price is a bit more than $100k quite a bit more but that's a discussion for another time.

So, here's what I suspect happened:

- He had little or no knowledge of Shelby vehicles or heritage

- He was approached with an "unbelievable" opportunity to own a "1-of-25" piece of Shelby history at a "bargain" price

- He did NO research into any of the claims that were stated by the seller

- Due to this lack of research, he paid WAY too much money for the car (read: impulse buy), perhaps in hopes of flipping it at a profit

- He started to finally look into how much money he was going to make when he sold it, and was slapped with some stark reality (thanks to this forum)

- Now that he realizes he was taken, he is panicking and trying to "pay it forward" to the next lucky owner...

My guess is that he'd probably be breaking even at $100K, OUCH!

Anton

Nailed it!

It's there but kinda hidden. Although prices are not listed the current asking price is a bit more than $100k quite a bit more but that's a discussion for another time.

Yeah, I looked at it and the others and I noticed that there were no Prices now. When they were first placed on the site there were Prices, why has that changed?

I absolutely love that car. Every time I am at SA I drool over that thing. If I was told a could have any late model Shelby in the building it would be this one......or the the Shelby 1000 lol.

Edited by sheppd01

• 4 months later...

Well the story ends here. Fill you all in once I pick it up @ the local Ford store and it checks out condition wise . Paid $21K he is paying doc fee ....his last ebay price was $25K. . Car fax checks out and the oasis report. The second owner with 700 miles from 2012 checks out for some signatures were missing . The hood one only matters to me which has plastic over it for protection and the visor and head rest are there. The Shelby GT billet caps are a nice touch.

Trust me he didn't pay over $25 for this car. He is a GM @ a dealership in Texas he bought it in January with 1980 miles on her. It's the low mileage and originally that I was looking for. Had one in 07 and missed her.The car spent a couple years @ the Scottsdale international auto museum.

Ok. Later.

post-9597-0-54996300-1512410619_thumb.jpeg

post-9597-0-56205200-1512410699_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970