TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help putting a value on 07SGT0016 with 2516 miles on her

Bcbury

Sold brand new at the Barrett Jackson auto auction along with 24 others.

(google the vin) 1ZVHT82H175287760

The first 25 were sold so that all of the proceeds went to the Shelby Foundation.

Car #1 sold for $600,600 and car #10 sold for $356,000.

Scott'sdale auto museum purchased my Shelby,

It is documented that it was taken out twice for Mr Shelby's 84th and 85th birthday to drive him around the race track.

All Signatures on the car are all documented and have serial numbers for them.

it also has all Original equipment down to the factory tires, Plus it has the owners Manuel and both sets of keys.

Pics are on my page

Thank you very much

Nice car, when the proceeds go to a foundation it is a write off, do not even consider those prices having anything to do with resale value.

My guess with the mileage is high 20's, maybe if you find a buyer that really likes the history in the 30's.

Good luck, I have contemplated selling, but it is worth much more to me then the market will pay for it. Also every time I drive it I enjoy the hell out of it.

Sold brand new at the Barrett Jackson auto auction along with 24 others.

(google the vin) 1ZVHT82H175287760

The first 25 were sold so that all of the proceeds went to the Shelby Foundation.

Car #1 sold for $600,600 and car #10 sold for $356,000.

Scott'sdale auto museum purchased my Shelby,

It is documented that it was taken out twice for Mr Shelby's 84th and 85th birthday to drive him around the race track.

All Signatures on the car are all documented and have serial numbers for them.

it also has all Original equipment down to the factory tires, Plus it has the owners Manuel and both sets of keys.

Pics are on my page

Thank you very much

BC,

The first 25 Shelby GT's were not sold at auction for the benefit of the CSF, I'm not sure who told you that but its incorrect.

And I'm not sure I'm understanding your value question. If you have already sold your car to an auto museum why wouldn't you use your sale price as the cars value?

But to answer your value question as written, in my opinion your car would have pretty much the same value of any other Shelby GT with very low miles. Yes a low CSM number is cool, yes two autographs is cool and yes if you have photographs showing Carroll being driven around in your car, that too would be cool but again in my opinion that coolness doesn't add significant monetary value to your car.

Lets use the following scenario as an example. Say your car and another SGT are for sale on the same used car lot and both cars have the same mileage and are in the same condition but the other car doesn't have two autographs and lets say the other car has a CSM number between 100 to 200. Now lets say that both cars are for sale for the same dollar amount. Most buyers would purchase your car over the other similarly priced SGT but I highly doubt a buyer is going to say, BC your car has some additional coolness to it with that low CSM number and the two autographs so let me offer you $10k more for it than that other SGT over there.

Just my take on it.

Steve

Nice car, when the proceeds go to a foundation it is a write off, do not even consider those prices having anything to do with resale value.

What you say is absolutely true and I can personally attest to it. Both of my SGTs ended up being charity cars before it was done. One person bought mine from the buyer and somehow got the impression that the charity price was the value and paid what I consider way over what he should have only to be severely disappointed when he tried to sell it.

At Barrett Jackson the buyer gets a tax receipt from the beneficiary for the auction price less the assessed value of the car. In my case it was for the auction price - (MSRP of the Shelby GT (base Mustang plus Shelby GT adder), plus the GT/SC upgrade).

Your car probably has some added value over a car that does not have this history, but it does not turn a 25K car into a 600K car. If the claims can be verified (dated photos, other provenance) it might make it a few thousand more. The primary reason is two fold:

1. The typical buyer in the Mustang market does not place a high value on the Shelby GT. They are unaware of the history and that the suspension changes done really make the car special. The pre-title attribute of the SGT doesn't matter to the typical used Mustang buyer.

2. Carroll hasn't been gone long enough for things that he did and signed to have intrinsic value. Carroll would have signed your butt :) if you gave $300 to the foundation, so his verifiable autographs are everywhere. It is true to the point where a Shelby CSX Cobra built before he passed was "worth more money than one without the signature" (The fact is he signed almost all of the CSX4000 series cars along with the personally signed MSO, so the comment was intended to point out Carroll's prolific autographing.)

I'm trying to figure out what the chain of ownership is and what you are looking for. Did you donate the car to the Scottsdale museum? Are you saying that you are the seller when the car went to the Scottsdale museum and are looking for the tax value of your donation?

No sir, it was purchased from the museum

Was just trying to get a value for it ,

Not to compare it to all of the other better shelbys on this site.

Just a value!

I would have never guessed that car 16

Signed and auctioned off with 24 other new was not with shit based on you two.

So I'll just go drive it into a wall and buy a camero

I'm out

Looks like we have been had all, this must be a troll of some sort.

Tony would know better then anyone, like he said he has been through exactly what you are talking about and his cars were much more rare then the Shelby GT.

Value 20's or 30's, but 30's will take a buyer that really cares about the history (If it can be verified).

Troll?

North meathead region

Y'all are just angry up there

It all started out to get an approx value for a car.

And right away your snyd comments etc

Now it turns into I'm a troll

Go play with your mother some more

I dont think the OP was trolling. I think he just didnt like some of the feedback he got and it is unfortunate he took it the wrong way. Nothing like thinking you own a mythical unicorn and it turned out to be a donkey with a traffic cone that was duct taped to it's forehead. However some people didnt exactly lay out a Welcome to TS door mat to the OP either.

Some people incorrectly stated the car only had 2 autographs. If I read the webpage correctly VIN#7760 does not have 2 autographs, it has a total of 6 authenticated Carroll Shelby Autographs. The two on the back of each headrests, it also has autographs on each sun visor, one on the center console and one on the hood as shown in past auction info. I would think that this car by having low miles and some slightly interesting provenance and being well cared for and 6 autographs should bring a premium well above more than a few hundred dollars as mentioned.

Yeah its a pretty common SGT but the autographs if sold off separately could bring 2 to 4 thousand dollars. I have seen Carroll Shelby signed sun visors go for between $500 and $800 on ebay, signed hoods go for $1000+,not sure what a headrest and console would go for but I would think those would go for at least $500.00 + each as well.

I am not saying his car is worth six figures like some of the charity auction cars but it is worth more than a few hundred above what a standard SGT is just due to low miles and the 6 autographs. IMHO

Edited by mhr1961

The value of your car is about $25K. If you are upset because a museum sold it to you for more than that then you should have come here first. I'm really sorry if the people with experience are placing a value that is probably far less than you paid. If you want to verify our feedback then hire a professional appraiser.

Also, it is more likely that the signed items are worth MORE if you take them off the car and sell them separately (replace with factory original parts). If each part has a corresponding COA Ebay will typically pull 300-500 over the original 300 donation to the foundation, ie, 600 or net). Separating them now is a good idea since the car will continue to depreciate and the signatures attached to the parts will NOT go up proportionally.

Noone will be upset if you don't come back. In fact, with your attitude now, I would prefer it that way. If so, then I've been speaking to a brick wall :)

Edited by twobjshelbys

Oh and if this is the type of help one would get from the SHELBY TEAM

Then u should sell your POS and move on.

Most that I've met with shelbys are nice folks

Dude, chill out and don't be so sensitive

No matter where you go you will find all kinds of people but don't lump us together

Your car, $25k to $35k that's just reality at the moment. Who bought the car unless celebrity means nothing

Wow, $99,900 starting bid.

Due to the starting bid price and the palpable tension in this thread, I think its time to spin this late 1970’s ballad……

Wow. Come on here and ask a question, people give personal opinions and completely valid feedback, without being rude in any way. The OP starts ripping on them and cussing. Seems to me, people which have very close knowledge to this subject gave completely valid answers to the question. Sorry, but the very real value is somewhere between $25K and 35K if you found somebody who would think that history actually adds value, only then maybe near the high end of that. I'm trying to be kind. It adds some, but as mentioned by others, not more than the value of the signatures themselves. The reality is, that there are quite a few Shelby GT's out there with similar low miles. Many of us would love for Shelby GT's to gain in value, but we are many, many years away from that.

I'm also a little confused about the history as stated here. Please help explain a little. Above is stated that it sold new at Barrett Jackson with 24 others? I know for certain the first 25 Shelby GT's did not sell at Barrett Jackson, as there are other of the first 25 still owned by original owners who purchased them straight from Ford, not Barrett Jackson. The auction referenced above by link is to a 2010 auction where there were 10 Shelby's sold at a Kruse Las Vegas auction which includes this car. "Some" of the proceeds benefited CSF from this auction, not all the purchase price. I'm confused by the Scottsdale museum purchase if they owned it since new, but then it was in an auction in 2010 in Las Vegas?

Since he has COA's, that tells me the items were sent in to the Foundation to be signed, except maybe the Hood, unless he has a COA for that. I believe that some of those items may have been bought off Ebay and then installed on the Car. I have a bunch of items that were signed by CS while attending Shows (Reps from the Foundation were at the Show and they did not have COA's with them) and some items when I met with him in person so they do not have COA's and I have some that I sent in to the Foundation and THEY have COA's. I have sold a few items on Ebay with COA's including Visors from 2005-2009 Mustangs.

The hood is a plastic sticker (I'm guessing the same material used for "clear bra" wraps.)

I would guess that is over the top of the signature in order to protect it from being washed or rubbed off.

There's a post about this the car in the "Post Your CSM Number" thread. The owner posted in 2014 that he bought the car in 2012 and it was missing some of the signatures (I assume from the 2010 auction description). Now all the signatures are there? Definitely something something fishy here.

There's a post about this the car in the "Post Your CSM Number" thread. The owner posted in 2014 that he bought the car in 2012 and it was missing some of the signatures (I assume from the 2010 auction description). Now all the signatures are there? Definitely something something fishy here.

Good find, 68 Envy owned until at least September 2015, that was his last post about it. Something is odd here.