TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN AS SHELBY AMERICAN UNVEILS SHELBY F-150 SUPER SNAKE STREET TRUCK

ForumAdmin

NEWS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN AS SHELBY AMERICAN UNVEILS SHELBY F-150 SUPER SNAKE STREET TRUCK

• New Shelby F-150 Super Snake marks the return of the Shelby muscle truck

• Only 150 total 2017 Shelby F-150 Super Snakes will be available at select Ford dealers

• MSRP for the muscle truck, including base vehicle starts at $96,880

• Supercharged truck churns out 750 tire-shredding horsepower

LAS VEGAS – May 18, 2017 – Shelby American, Inc., today unveiled the all-new Shelby F-150 Super Snake truck at the headquarters of Carroll Shelby International in Southern California. Marking the return of the Shelby muscle truck, only 150 total of the street oriented vehicles will be offered by select Ford dealers for the 2017 model year.

“Carroll Shelby was an early pioneer in high performance street trucks, beginning with his first production version almost 30 years ago,” said Joe Conway, Co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Shelby American. “With the tremendous demand for our off-road focused Shelby F-150, fans of the classic Ford Lightning and our 2009 Shelby F-150 Super Snake have clamored for a new generation muscle truck from Shelby. Working closely with Ford Motor Company, Tuscany and other partners, we’re going to offer a limited run of super trucks designed specifically for street duty.”

The Shelby F-150 Super Snake will be available in two-wheel and four-wheel drive configurations starting at an MSRP of $96,880.

“The ‘Shelby Super Snake’ badge carries tremendous prestige because every vehicle that wears it represents the pinnacle of performance,” said Gary Patterson, Shelby American President. “Our new Shelby F-150 Super Snake is certainly worthy of the name. From the sharp handling suspension to the thundering 750 horses and pure American styling, it’s a remarkable vehicle. One of our goals was to offer the truck in limited numbers to preserve exclusivity and potential collectability.”

Based on the world-class Ford F-150, Shelby American collaborated with partners like Ford Performance and Borla to transform it into a Super Snake.

“This is simply an amazing truck to drive,” said Vince LaViolette, Shelby American Vice President of Operations and Chief Test Driver. “Lessons learned building the Ford Mustang-based Shelby Super Snake muscle car and the Shelby F-150 were applied to create this incredible street truck. True to Carroll Shelby’s philosophy, it has more power, more sound, more styling and more handling prowess. From Detroit to Dubai and Dusseldorf, this is the ultimate expression of a high performance truck available through a dealer.”

Using the Super Snake blueprint for success, the team sharpened the handling of the award-winning Ford F-150’s independent suspension. Under the hood, the F-150 Super Snake is powered by Ford’s iconic 5.0L V8 engine with a supercharger to pump out over 750 horsepower. The result is a well-engineered truck with astonishing capabilities.

The Shelby F-150 Super Snake wears unique Shelby styling that enhances the lines of the handsome truck. It features a new hood, rockers, spoilers, grills, rear bumper panel and tonneau cover. Additional styling cues also include Shelby Super Snake stripes and badges. Inside, the theme continues across the seats, dash and floor.

The Shelby F-150 Super Snake is available in six Ford factory colors and comes with a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. Each vehicle is assigned a genuine Shelby serial number that is documented in the official Shelby Registry.

For more information about the all-new Shelby F-150 Super Snake, visit www.Shelby.com.

About Shelby American, Inc.

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA, 289 street car and Daytona Coupe component vehicles; it offers the Shelby GTE, 1000, Super Snake, Shelby Terlingua Racing Team and GTS post-title packages for the 2005-2017 Ford Mustang. Shelby American also offers the Shelby Raptor, Shelby F-150 Super Snake and Shelby F-150 trucks. For more information, visit www.Shelby.com.

###

Media Contact

Scott Black of TimePiece PR & Marketing at (214) 520-3430 ext. 303 or sblack@tprm.com

2017 Shelby F-150 Super Snake Equipment

STANDARD EXTERIOR FEATURES

• 22” Shelby retro chrome wheels

• Speed rated high performance 305/45/22 tires

• Performance full suspension lowering by Shelby

• Shelby tuned performance shock system

• Shelby speedo recalibration

• Front end alignment

• Tire sensors recalibrated

• Red Shelby brake caliper covers

• 4-piece body side ground effects

• Ground effects painted body color

• Painted fender flares

• Functional painted front fender vents with Shelby logo

• Shelby rocker panel graphics

• Painted custom front bumper cover with cooling vents

• Honeycomb racing grille insert

• Official Shelby snake emblem on grille

• Shelby functional replacement dual intake ram air hood

• Supercharged logo on air intakes

• Painted custom rear bumper cladding

• Painted tonneau cover with carpet liner

• Shelby bedrug liner

• Shelby full body racing stripes

• Shelby lettering on the hood, tailgate and both sides of bed

• Shelby Registry engine plaque

• Functional front fender vents for increased engine cooling

STANDARD INTERIOR FEATURES

• Shelby Registry serial number plaque

• Official Shelby logo on console lid

• Official Shelby Snake embroidered headrests

• Official Shelby logo carpeted floor mats

• Tinted windows

• 3 year/36,000 mile warranty

SHELBY PERFORMANCE EQUIPMENT

• Shelby engineered 750 HP supercharger

• Blower powder coated Ford racing blue

• Intake manifold powder coated Ford racing blue

• Open air performance intake with high flow filter

• Oversized carbon fiber air intake tube

• Performance aluminum heat exchanger

• Upgraded billet throttle body

• Upgraded high performance fuel injectors and spark plugs

• Shelby tuned Borla performance exhaust

• Polished stainless steel dual exhaust tips

• Dual intake “ram air” Shelby Super Snake hood

This is just a 2wd version and different name of what Tuscany was already doing and I know Tuscany is building these too, no thanks

That brand new 2018 Mercedes AMG E63 S starting to look good at that price

Please tell me this isn't Tuscany for that price? It looks like a decent truck otherwise.

I'm sure they will sell 150, but it might take a while.

I would take a diesel AEV Ram over this all day long, but that's just me.

I know its Tuscany for a fact because a dealer down here jumped the gun and put an ebay auction that said F150 Super Snake Truck built by Tuscany with only 150 available. The next day I ask my guy at SAI and that auction disappeared

What's disappointing is them using the Super Snake name on a truck that is 100 percent the same as Tuscany built the Shelby F150 4x4 just a different name and anything with Super Snake I would have thought always built by Shelby

I'm trying hard not to be a hater, someone that lives near me has a New Shelby F150, it has passed my house several times. It looks nice, I guess I was hoping for something different or New, neither reveal is really new. Also the premium for the Shelby name, in my opinion, is getting out of control, but then again that's why the build numbers are so low. Who would have ever thought Roush could outsell Shelby? I don't have sales numbers, but I would bet Roush outsells SAI built Shelby's.

When I heard that a truck was coming, I was really hoping that it would be a true replacement for the Lightning with a regular cab, 6 1/2' box, 2wd platform. I was holding off on getting a Raptor to see what it would be. I have no doubt that the F150 Super Snake is an awesome running and handling machine, but just doesn't have the look that I want with the crew cab. Price point also blows my mind. Really not what I was hoping it would be. Good for Shelby on getting this truck out there, but there is a really huge market out there for a reasonably priced sport/performance truck to replace the Lightning. I'm really surprised that Ford has not done this yet. Oh well, I'll keep waiting and get a Raptor for now for the wife's new daily driver.

is it me, but is it weird to call something a SuperSnake without using the SuperSnake stripes? I do like the Ground Effects and the fender vents on the truck, but that is about it. I wish the truck looked this concept photo i saw

17264721_678616755781_467249304360989212

Even thought the photo above is almost the same thing as the production vehicle (without the Jay Leno chin), there is just a few slight difference that makes it own. For instance, wheels do make a huge difference, if the F-150 SS used the wheels in the photo, would probably like it little bit more

Edited by ShelbyEra08

When I heard that a truck was coming, I was really hoping that it would be a true replacement for the Lightning with a regular cab, 6 1/2' box, 2wd platform. I was holding off on getting a Raptor to see what it would be. I have no doubt that the F150 Super Snake is an awesome running and handling machine, but just doesn't have the look that I want with the crew cab. Price point also blows my mind. Really not what I was hoping it would be. Good for Shelby on getting this truck out there, but there is a really huge market out there for a reasonably priced sport/performance truck to replace the Lightning. I'm really surprised that Ford has not done this yet. Oh well, I'll keep waiting and get a Raptor for now for the wife's new daily driver.

If you are looking to get a Lightning style F-150, could look into the Roush Nightmare. They offer that truck in a Regular Cab

If you are looking to get a Lightning style F-150, could look into the Roush Nightmare. They offer that truck in a Regular Cab

If my Roush RS daily driver get's totaled by the Ins company next week due to the hail damage from last week, I was looking at doing that exact thing for a replacement. That is pretty much the exact type of package I was hoping for from above with the Shelby announcement. Also a very reasonable cost.

I asked if this truck was the Shelby Sport truck they mentioned at the Bash and person said yes. Odd because the other was a 2018 and this is not. This is not even built by SAI so I can even wrap my head around $100k for a truck not even built in Vegas by Shelby.

Huge disappointment

The F150 Lightning was an affordable fast and fun 2dr truck and this is not even close

is it me, but is it weird to call something a SuperSnake without using the SuperSnake stripes? I do like the Ground Effects and the fender vents on the truck, but that is about it. I wish the truck looked this concept photo i saw

17264721_678616755781_467249304360989212

Even thought the photo above is almost the same thing as the production vehicle (without the Jay Leno chin), there is just a few slight difference that makes it own. For instance, wheels do make a huge difference, if the F-150 SS used the wheels in the photo, would probably like it little bit more

Never could understand why they use a full 4 door version of the truck to do these special vehicles...IMO the smaller rear door truck with the same mods look way better.

Never could understand why they use a full 4 door version of the truck to do these special vehicles...IMO the smaller rear door truck with the same mods look way better.

Not to mention, a 2 Door Truck with the right Suspension would do better at the Drag Strip.

Edited by tesgt350

Yep, different Wheels and Lower Stripes, that's about it.

This is a real shame, are we loosing are way? Not digging the truck/price or wide body Shelby Mustang. SAI needs to work with select Ford Dealers and see if there is interest in a Shelby GT Mustang build by them and sold through dealers so there is no wait time.

GG

I'll add something positive. It is a nice looking truck. Agree with you on the 2 door comment. I'm sure Shelby could make a 2 door as well if they want to.

This is just a 2wd version and different name of what Tuscany was already doing and I know Tuscany is building these too, no thanks

That brand new 2018 Mercedes AMG E63 S starting to look good at that price

I sat in the blue truck Saturday at the Shelby Tribute show. I looked through the glove box (wasn't snooping-- just looking around) and found the window sticker. It is a Tuscany-built F150 with a window sticker of about $65K. After it was Shelbified, the price shot up another $35K. What surprised me most is that the truck was 4x4. Had the controls on the dash and everything. Very nice truck, but at that price, I am not sure it's a good fit financially. Also, nobody could tell me if there would be a California emissions approved version. Problem with new model SS cars as well.