TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Modified Mustang (Shelby?) GT

A closer look at the hood scoop close-up picture shows fasteners that do not appear to be fully seated or flush and I suspect that scoop is not fastened/attached, just placed on the hood for the photo session. IMHO, there are substantial "red flags" on this car as listed, original SGT or otherwise.

A closer look at the hood scoop close-up picture shows fasteners that do not appear to be fully seated or flush and I suspect that scoop is not fastened/attached, just placed on the hood for the photo session. IMHO, there are substantial "red flags" on this car as listed, original SGT or otherwise.

oh it's seated all right.... looks like it was pop riveted on from the inside! :banghead:

post-25056-0-45635000-1494346740_thumb.jpg

look

* Illustration shows model only
Mustang (2005/), 4.6L 3v V8 SOHC EFI, High Performance White VIN Number: 1ZVHT82H975360258
Primary Features Build Date: 06.06.2007 Vehicle Line: Mustang (2005/) Body Style: Coupe Version: GT Engine: 4.6L 3v V8 SOHC EFI Transmission: 5 Speed Manual (TR3650) Drive: LHD RWD Axle Ratio: 3.55 Emission: With California/Green State Req Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning Territory: (+)"USA" Paint: High Performance White
NavPanelArrowCloseDown-18x18.gif

Minor Features

• Charcoal Black Interior
  • Nudo/Aberdeen Leather
  • Less Interior Pack
  • Shelby GT
  • Less Special Build Requirement
  • Flatrock Assembly Plant - USA
  • U.S. Sales
  • Less Convenience Group
  • 4450 LB. GVW
  • Less Appearance Group
  • With Side Impact Package
  • Less Ambient Temp/Speed Pack
  • 2007 Job #2 Program Control
  • With English Language Label
  • Owner Hand Book Pack
  • With Fixed Rear Side Window
  • With Level 'A' Interior Decor
  • Front Floor Carpet Mats
  • I/P Insert - Ribbed Aluminium
  • Non Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers
  • Non Illuminated Sunvisor-Passenger
  • Less Bonnet Scoop
  • Less Exterior Body Mouldings
  • Less Spoiler
  • With Prismatic Mirror
  • Coupe
  • With Drivers Power Lumbar Support
  • Less Temp Control Driver Seat
  • Less Temp Control Passengers Seat
  • With Driver 6 Way Pwr.Seat Adjuster
  • With Pass 2 Way Manual Seat Adjust
  • Less Convertible Roof Cover
  • Less Acct Stripe-BdySd Color
  • Less Bodyside Accent Stripe
  • Front License Plate Holder Deluxe
  • With Driver Air Bag
  • With Passenger Air Bag
  • Less Spare Wheel
  • 18X8.5"Pol Cast Alum Brt Mach Wheel
  • Less Spare Tyre
  • Centre Hub Orn - Pony Logo/Spinner
  • With Locking Wheel Lug Nut Kit
  • Less Immersion Heater
  • With California/Green State Req
  • With Upsized Front Stabilizer Bar
  • With Upsized Rear Stablizer Bar
  • Rear Axle Limited Slip Differential
  • 4.6L 3v V8 SOHC EFI
  • Less Exhaust Tips
  • 4 Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System
  • With Anti-Spin Traction System
  • Normal Fuel Fill
  • Less Floor Mats-FIA
  • Less Fuel Filler Door - FIA
  • Less Full Vehicle Cover
  • Less Cargo Net - FIA
  • Less Remote Starter - FIA
  • Less Tape Stripes - FIA
  • Less Appearance Package
  • Non Locking Fuel Cap With BP Label
  • For Unleaded Fuel
  • Unique Met Finish Foot Pedals Pads
  • Leather Wrap/Satin Alum Spoke Wheel
  • With 6 Gauge Instument Cluster
  • With MPH/KMH Speedometer
  • With Tyre Inflation Kit
  • With Message Centre
  • Less Speed Audible Warning Device
  • Perimeter Alarm W/Intruder/Sensor
  • Standard Duty Battery
  • AM/FM Stereo/6 CD/Navigation System
  • With NAAO Radio Frequency
  • Satellite Digital Broadcast
  • With Sub Woofer Sound System
  • Less Smokers Package
  • Less Daytime Running Lamps
  • With Front Fog Lamps
  • Header Dome Light Less Map Lamp
  • High Performance White
  • Non/Color (Roof)
  • Generic Country Group 1
  • Vermont Vehicle Reg Code Label
  • 4R33 5310 FA Left Front Coil
  • 4R33-5310-FA Right Front Coil
  • 5R33-5560-BA Left Rear Coil
  • 5R33-5560-BA Right Rear Coil
  • Less B&A Control Codes Issue 030388
  • With Overspeed Warning Disabled
  • 5 Speed Manual (TR3650)
  • Mustang (2005/)
  • GT
  • (-) GVMT Service Administration
  • (-)"CDN"
  • (-)"GU"
  • (-)"BRN"
  • (-)"BZ"
  • (-)"ATG"
  • (-)"KOR"
  • (-)"AW"
  • Less Fleet
  • Premium Marketing Trim

Ratio 3.55 was only on Shelby GT

The picture to me looks like the original faux button-head rivets have been partially removed/not flush to the scoop flange... hence my theory it might not be attached. It also seems strange that the scoop is all blue (likely painted and why the faux rivets were removed) but missing the white center stripe which really looks inconsistent with the overall stripe pattern and the time/expense to install the blue stripes... again pointing to a possible loose and unfinished hood scoop placed in position just for the photos. Bottom-line is that it doesn't really matter and there are other more desireable/less-molested SGT's available at a much lower asking price than that particular car... IMHO.

Happy motoring,

No, that is the back side of a pop rivet. Those are 100% without a doubt, rivets put in from the bottom out. That is exactly what rivets look like from the bottom after they have been popped. The fact that anybody would do this and leave it that way without looking at one, and continuing, is just quite unbelievable. Scariest part about that is, if that is the quality of how the hood scoop was put on, you can guess the rest of the quality of modifications is the same. At least that is how it is representing.

Picture is a bit grainy, could maybe be the the heads of Allen or Torx bolt or Tube Nuts, Blind Rivet Nuts.....

don't care enough to argue about it .........not the best mods I have ever seen but I have seen worse.

No, that is the back side of a pop rivet. Those are 100% without a doubt, rivets put in from the bottom out. That is exactly what rivets look like from the bottom after they have been popped. The fact that anybody would do this and leave it that way without looking at one, and continuing, is just quite unbelievable. Scariest part about that is, if that is the quality of how the hood scoop was put on, you can guess the rest of the quality of modifications is the same. At least that is how it is representing.

and let's not forget that as the ad states.... "Won 3rd Place in Lebanon Township Auto Show"

I would never be proud of taking home a third place award when there were only two other cars entered...... :hide:

Real blue painted Shelby stripes???? Do not recall that style, color or painted stripes as an option.

Yup a strange choice of wording especially when the stripe color appears to me as grabber blue and not guardsman blue.

You have to keep in mind.... They are really "blue", and they are "painted on a Shelby" so therefore they are "Real blue painted Shelby stripes" :hysterical:

Kinda like stripes in underwear, they are real, and..... nevermind I digress.... :headspin:

LOL and here I was thinking I'm asking too much for mine.

I know i'm not asking to much but this car is way over priced.My car looks much nicer and lower miles and 5,000 dollars cheaper and my mods were done correctly. If someone does not follow these cars then who knows, he just might find a sucker just wants a shelby but i think he's about 10,000.00 to much.

I know i'm not asking to much but this car is way over priced.My car looks much nicer and lower miles and 5,000 dollars cheaper and my mods were done correctly. If someone does not follow these cars then who knows, he just might find a sucker just wants a shelby but i think he's about 10,000.00 to much.

Correction,15,000.00 to much. I didn't see where he had a supercharger but he did have a hot water cap. That should be good for an extra 10 bucks.

Archived