TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California Jelly Blade for Drying Shelby GT350

Fstanbrough

I've been thinking something similar, like when you're at the show and you want to clean it up after the drive there. Obviously there's no water source (unless you took your own), so how do you get road dust off the car without large quantities of water?

I use a California Duster and very lightly run it over the Car, VERY lightly, and it works great. I use the small Duster for inside the Car.

That's what I figured would work, but do you want to remove the dust first, or just use the detailing spray? Now that I have a really nice paint job, I'm gathering as much info as I can to keep it that way. I used to use just a California Duster, and even after all the years the old paint still looked pretty good in most places, and I never noticed any fine scratches.

I have never used a California duster. I use a few microfiber towels and Meguires Quick Detailer. Been doing wipe downs this way for 7 years. I have no swirls in paint.

I have never used a California duster. I use a few microfiber towels and Meguires Quick Detailer. Been doing wipe downs this way for 7 years. I have no swirls in paint.

I've got plenty of microfiber towels (including a few from our friends at Gloss-It) and a couple versions of detailing spray. Never did much with that on the old paint (wasn't worth it), but I did do a little last month just to try it out. Looks like some experimentation in my future.

I curious. I drive my cars, not daily, but enjoyably, on the track and cruises etc. For those who have commented they don't want things touching their paint, how to you clean your car in the first place. Do you not use a wool mitt or something. How in the world can you get road grime, bugs etc. off you car if you can't use something to wipe it off? On top of that don't you use something when you use detailing spray? I'm a little confused on what is so terribly wrong with using an occasional duster of a clean water blade on a clean car if at the same time you use a wool mitt to wash and detail.

Edited by dh777

I curious. I drive my cars, not daily, but enjoyably, on the track and cruises etc. For those who have commented they don't want things touching their paint, how to you clean your car in the first place. Do you not use a wool mitt or something. How in the world can you get road grime, bugs etc. off you car if you can't use something to wipe it off? On top of that don't you use something when you use detailing spray? I'm a little confused on what is so terribly wrong with using an occasional duster of a clean water blade on a clean car if at the same time you use a wool mitt to wash and detail.

Exactly. When I wash my Car, I spray it down real good with the Hose and use soapy water with a big rag. Once I hose it down for the last time, I use the Water Blade to help dry it. Works great.

Simplest system I've found is to head to a coin operated wash that has spot free rinse. I'll usually powerwash off the dust (and occasionally some mud from road construction that cant be avoided). No scrubbing! High pressure first, then switch to spot free to remove the hardwater. Then I head home on the highway where most of the droplets bead or dry off, but there is always some left which easily cleans up with a dry microfiber cloth and a little detailer when I get home.