TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Power Upgrade

Norton

Thanks to Cushman Motorsports, Billet Pro Shop, and "back to stock" sales, I pieced together (what amounts to) a VMP STAGE 4 Power Pack (JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, VMP 2.4" Upper, 90mm Idler, BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow, and NGK TR7-IX plugs). My friend, (FordGT500) Keeno aka (SVTP) O.W. Kenobeno, kindly helped add the new hardware to the previously installed VMP Triple Pass-Dual Fan Heat Exchanger and Reische 170' Thermostat. Custom dyno tune by Elite Performance And Tuning in Littleton, CO produced 733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ on (91 octane) pump gas.

post-38053-0-65312400-1492231084_thumb.jpg

post-38053-0-56562800-1492231100_thumb.jpg

Edited by Norton

Very nice Norton. Car has to feel entirely different. Any plans for rear gear upgrade?

Thanks! It DOES feel different - best way to describe it is much more responsive.

No re-gear plans at the moment. I've got a set of 3.73s on the shelf, but I can't bring myself to risk the dreaded gear whine that seems to accompany most gear swaps.

Very nice numbers !! I am doing the VMP TB next. All I heard are nothing but good things about this TB. Fit and finish look excellent.

Thanks! I think you'll be happy with the TB - fit and finish are excellent.

From what I can tell, VMP and CFM Twin Jet 67mm TBs are identical, with the exception of VMP markings. (Only reason I went with CFM was price, at the time.)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Cushman Motorsports, Billet Pro Shop, and "back to stock" sales, I pieced together (what amounts to) a VMP STAGE 4 Power Pack (JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, VMP 2.4" Upper, 90mm Idler, BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow, and NGK TR7-IX plugs). My friend, (FordGT500) Keeno aka (SVTP) O.W. Kenobeno, kindly helped add the new hardware to the previously installed VMP Triple Pass-Dual Fan Heat Exchanger and Reische 170' Thermostat. Custom dyno tune by Elite Performance And Tuning in Littleton, CO produced 733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ on (91 octane) pump gas.

Finally received a copy of my dyno chart plotted against RPMs...
post-38053-0-19721400-1503019035_thumb.jpeg
Edited by Norton