TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 Shelby GT

39Mustang

​I am curious to know if any 2017 Shelby GT's have been built and if so, how many?

​In my opinion the Shelby GT package was, is, and could be the best car SAI has built, well it used to be. Ever since the GTE package became available how many orders came in to build a new Shelby GT? The GTE package is and was what the original 07-08 Shelby GT's were!! The GT package cost just ballooned out of control and if spending that amount they bought a Super Snake. I would eliminate the GTE and just call it the Shelby GT then orders I know would be increase 10x compared to now.

​What you people think if the Shelby GT went back to how the original one was done and price range would you order a newer version?

​I am curious to know if any 2017 Shelby GT's have been built and if so, how many?

​In my opinion the Shelby GT package was, is, and could be the best car SAI has built, well it used to be. Ever since the GTE package became available how many orders came in to build a new Shelby GT? The GTE package is and was what the original 07-08 Shelby GT's were!! The GT package cost just ballooned out of control and if spending that amount they bought a Super Snake. I would eliminate the GTE and just call it the Shelby GT then orders I know would be increase 10x compared to now.

​What you people think if the Shelby GT went back to how the original one was done and price range would you order a newer version?

I essentially agree with you (unbiased of course :) ). The 07-08 SGT's cost only about $7500 +/- over the Mustang GT at that time. That was a great value in itself, however what really put the icing on the cake with these cars special was the pre-title aspect.

I am one of the fortunate ones to have a new Shelby GT.

She is a 2015, and is one of 30 something built from 2015-2016. The parts used were only the finest- tons of hand-laid Carbon Fiber, forged wheels, etc...

The issue was that not many wanted to spend the money for the premium parts.

There are no plans to bring it back, and they are addressing the market with the GTE, and the new SuperSnake 2.0.

Edited by DG Shelby

Congrats on the Shelby GT, based on what I can see on the SAI Website the GTE is essentially a Shelby GT with the option of a supercharger or not. I agree SAI used really high end parts, they can not be making a profit off 30 or so cars. I do not understand their business philosophy, the only way to make money when you're using unique parts is by selling volume or charging extremely high prices. Hopefully the New Supersnake is doing better.

Any pictures????

The GTE has replaced all the Carbon Fiber (hood, rocker panels, tail light panel, splitter, read spoiler, rear diffuser) with plastic pieces to make it more affordable. The GT was offered as Normally Aspirated or with Supercharger. I opted for the N/A since my GT500 has Kenne Bell, and the GT is automatic with paddle shifters :)

The SuperSnake 2.0 has had one of the strongest launches ever for Shelby, and I believe sales have picked up with the GTE as well:)

Edited by DG Shelby

The GTE has replaced all the Carbon Fiber (hood, rocker panels, tail light panel, splitter, read spoiler, rear diffuser) with plastic pieces to make it more affordable. The GT was offered as Normally Aspirated or with Supercharger. I opted for the N/A since my GT500 has Kenne Bell, and the GT is automatic with paddle shifters :)

The SuperSnake 2.0 has had one of the strongest launches ever for Shelby, and I believe sales have picked up with the GTE as well:)

Good to know, the New SS got rid of all of that too. I thought about moving up for just the updated tech, but I'm waiting to see Fords response to the ZL1 and Hellcat. Something has to be coming.

The new SuperSnake is really nice, but so is your GT! That is why I kept my '07 GT500- classic lines!

I believe the official response will be "Here Kitty Kitty!"

I love it when I am crusing at a "respectable" speed and I see one of them coming up on me at around 100...give them a car, and blow their doors off! My '07 is a sleeper w/stock hood. I dropped the motor and notched the hood to keep the factory look :)

Edited by DG Shelby