TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Gauges

I watched this new video on the Super Snake last night and video was posted just 2 days ago and noticed in the Super Snake these SHELBY logo gauges which us Terlingua owners don't have and none of you early built 2017 Super Snake owners have either. These are custom and I like far better than off the shelf Auto Meter ones. Every Shelby I own has Shelby branded gauges except the Terlingua so were these in the planning and or not enough time to get branded gauges for the current orders I don't know but yea wish I had these new ones instead as the Blue Cobalt gauges look out of place in my Red Rabbit

Curious if SAI will sell these gauges?

New Shelby Gauges.jpg

Edited by 39Mustang

What, no one has seen these new Shelby/Auto Meter wireless gauges yet?

I'd prefer these in my Terlingua over the Cobalt ones big time

• 2 weeks later...

They look very cool and according to the video you can change the background color through an app. However, since they run Bluetooth off the ODBII port they probably aren't quite as accurate as the ones you got hard wired in your Terlingua. Lots of discussion on Mustang6g forums about how you can swap out the GT premium gage's with the Ecoboost set to get a real boost gage when you install a supercharger, not just vacuum. Most of the guys there say the hard wired gage would be more accurate for boost then off the ODBII signal.

Still cool nonetheless and I'm sure a decent gage. I just wouldn't feel like yours was inferior in any way.

They look very cool and according to the video you can change the background color through an app. However, since they run Bluetooth off the ODBII port they probably aren't quite as accurate as the ones you got hard wired in your Terlingua. Lots of discussion on Mustang6g forums about how you can swap out the GT premium gage's with the Ecoboost set to get a real boost gage when you install a supercharger, not just vacuum. Most of the guys there say the hard wired gage would be more accurate for boost then off the ODBII signal.

Still cool nonetheless and I'm sure a decent gage. I just wouldn't feel like yours was inferior in any way.

I didn't say inferior as I have the Cobalt's in my 08 Shelby GT and they're very good but in a Shelby this expensive having Shelby logo gauges would be preferred

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like these gauges are 2-1/16" so they will fit the earlier Super Snake pillar pod...........

003_zps2uskuoti.jpg

OR the lower profile Autometer dash pod shown on the right.............

004_zpsabhjhr1t.jpg

^^^^^The original Super Snake dash pod gauges shown on left were 2-5/8".

I wouldn't mind having a set of these Cobalt gauges as long as they were Shelby branded. It would be nice to color change the back light to close match the My Color option in the car.

R

Edited by Robert M