TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GTH Conv front air ducts and other questions

My GTH is missing one of the air duct tube inserts in the lower front grill next to the fog light. I have attached pictures if needed. I would like to get a replacement or one I could use as a substitute.

How do you find out where your car was a rental (07H110)?

I am also looking for a replacement/substitute mufflers for my car. I do not need them now but figured I would get them to have on hand. My hanger has rusted off on one like others have. I know from this site that the originals are no longer available.

stang6585

post-46862-0-57317100-1491501455_thumb.jpg

post-46862-0-51991700-1491501456_thumb.jpg

It appears someone has replaced your original light/duct bezels with the fiberglass "service part" bezels, were you aware of that?

In regards to your question about a replacement tube, those are speaker box air tubes. A large stereo shop that sells/makes sub-woofer boxes should be able to help you out.

Steve

Your car was a Florida rental. Unfortunately, I can't say what specific location it was assigned to because Florida's DMV registered ALL the cars through Casselberry, Fl, regardless of what city they were destined to rent from. 110 began its rental duties in June 2007 and was retired from the rental fleet (went to auction) in April 2009.

Thanks for all the info. I now know some of the rental history of my car. When I looked over the front end thoroughly once I got the car home I thought there had been some lower front end damage sometime in the past for this car. So I am not surprised the ducts are replacements. Thanks to Steve, he said the replacement ducts were speaker tubes, I have found some that will fit and just have to cut them to length.

This is the only forum that I am a member of and I do not know too much about looking up old posts. GTH452 recommended me to review his March 2015 post for more info on my car, but i tried to search for this post but have not been able to find it. I am probably not searching correctly so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I am appreciating all the help in finding the history behind my car.