TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powerlease people

dgussin1

Had the 2004 Mystichrome Coupe on Powerlease which went when my '07 Shelby was ready. I loved my 2004, but find the Shelby faster, rides better, and has a much better build quality. I do miss the IRS around bumpy corners, but all in all, the Shelby is a superior car in almost every way. As a benefit, the powerlease got me the Shelby at $1,000 over invoice! So for the first time ever, I actually have equity in a new car!

post-17-1183321875_thumb.jpg

post-17-1183321961_thumb.jpg

post-17-1183321875_thumb.jpg

post-17-1183321961_thumb.jpg

Had the 2004 Mystichrome Coupe on Powerlease which went when my '07 Shelby was ready. I loved my 2004, but find the Shelby faster, rides better, and has a much better build quality. I do miss the IRS around bumpy corners, but all in all, the Shelby is a superior car in almost every way. As a benefit, the powerlease got me the Shelby at $1,000 over invoice! So for the first time ever, I actually have equity in a new car!

+1

The GT500 is a better car, period. Yeah, I know, MY opinion. I have put over 260K miles on Fox Cobras (93, 2001, 2004). I really, really, really, really liked my 2004 and agonized over trading it in on an unknown. I've never looked back. Not to say it's perfect, but the GT500 is the way to go as far as I'm concerned. Installing the Watts link on mine did away with most of the bad manners of the stick axle in corners and over bumps. Sure wish they'd done IRS, but the Watts link makes the difference minimal to my educated butt.

Paid $650 over invoice and have had the car three weeks short of a year and for just over 17K miles. What's not to love?

Life is good.

+1

The GT500 is a better car, period. Yeah, I know, MY opinion. I have put over 260K miles on Fox Cobras (93, 2001, 2004). I really, really, really, really liked my 2004 and agonized over trading it in on an unknown. I've never looked back. Not to say it's perfect, but the GT500 is the way to go as far as I'm concerned. Installing the Watts link on mine did away with most of the bad manners of the stick axle in corners and over bumps. Sure wish they'd done IRS, but the Watts link makes the difference minimal to my educated butt.

Paid $650 over invoice and have had the car three weeks short of a year and for just over 17K miles. What's not to love?

Life is good.

How much did the Watts link cost? I agree...the SN95 was an awesome car, but the Shelby upped the ante quite a bit. Still wish that IRS was at least an option

How much did the Watts link cost? I agree...the SN95 was an awesome car, but the Shelby upped the ante quite a bit. Still wish that IRS was at least an option

The FAYS2 Watts Link I used was just a bit north of $600 plus shipping. Don't have the invoice handy, so call it $650. Others (Saleen, Griggs are two) make more expensive versions that attach to the differential with an aluminum casting / center pivot unit. They are in the kilobuck and a half range and I think require some welding.

The FAYS2 Watts Link I used was just a bit north of $600 plus shipping. Don't have the invoice handy, so call it $650. Others (Saleen, Griggs are two) make more expensive versions that attach to the differential with an aluminum casting / center pivot unit. They are in the kilobuck and a half range and I think require some welding.

Thanks for the info. Is this something my local SVT Ford dealer can order and install, or do I need an aftermarket installer?

Im a PL buyer. Screw IRS! Im completely satisfied with the 07 over the 04. The only thing I can complain about is, The blower whine in the 04 sounds cooler. LOL!

Everything is... BETTER! I do not care what anyone says. The ride is better in the 07 even with the stick axle.

Thanks for the info. Is this something my local SVT Ford dealer can order and install, or do I need an aftermarket installer?

I did it in my garage with a pair of drive on ramps. A lift is suggested to make it easier to align parts, and I definitely agree. It's not rocket science, so any competent mechanic should be able to do it for you or you could do it if you have the right tools. Be sure you have the correct sockets and wrenches since a couple of the nut/bolt combinations exceed 1" (1-1/8" and 1-1/4" as I recall - had to borrow both sockets and box wrenches for those sizes). Be sure to retorque the bolts again after a few dozen miles.

Archived