TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 at MSRP?

dhouston

Hi all -

I have been waiting patiently for the prices to go down on the Shelby's and now ready to get going on an '08 GT500.

I was hoping someone on this Forum would have a line on a good dealer that would be willing to sell for MSRP. It looks like MSRP is attainable by some of the posts.

Looking for fully loaded Vapor silver with black stripes. I live in north Atlanta, GA so hoping to find one close by.

Any leads on a dealer are appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do a search on this and on MSRP. You will see many on the topic. But I will cut to the short story.... MSRP is FAR and FEW between and even 5K over is. Prices are still holding strong and some as high as 25K over in some parts. You and about a few thousand others are still looking for a deal, and I would say this late in the game, any that were out there are long gone. If you are serious all you can do is make your calls, as many as you can, as you are but one in hundreds who have started a thread like this. You will have better luck on your own as if this deal does exist, the list on this forum is long as well. Hope that helps and good luck.

Do a search on this and on MSRP. You will see many on the topic. But I will cut to the short story.... MSRP is FAR and FEW between and even 5K over is. Prices are still holding strong and some as high as 25K over in some parts. You and about a few thousand others are still looking for a deal, and I would say this late in the game, any that were out there are long gone. If you are serious all you can do is make your calls, as many as you can, as you are but one in hundreds who have started a thread like this. You will have better luck on your own as if this deal does exist, the list on this forum is long as well. Hope that helps and good luck.

If your going to start making calls, Print out a list of dealerships and start calling..

Avoid calling Dealerships In Large Markets... Call Every Small Dealership.

1) Ask if they are certified to sell the Shelby GT500

2) Ask if they Sold any 2007 to a Customer or even to another Dealership.

3) If the answer is YES to those two questions

4) Then see what kinda of deal they will work out for yourself.

Best of Luck.

The leg work is tiring but it will be worth it in the long run.

Hi all -

I have been waiting patiently for the prices to go down on the Shelby's and now ready to get going on an '08 GT500.

I was hoping someone on this Forum would have a line on a good dealer that would be willing to sell for MSRP. It looks like MSRP is attainable by some of the posts.

Looking for fully loaded Vapor silver with black stripes. I live in north Atlanta, GA so hoping to find one close by.

Thank you,

Dave

I've called over a hundred dealerships in the SE. If you find a MSRP deal, then you will be the third person I know that did this in this area. I live in the same area as you and paid 1500 over for an 07---very close to MSRP.

Best of Luck to you! Call Richard Haney Ford in Carrollton and ask for Joel. Tell him Dallas referred you.

Ok, again if you have seen some of my other posts, I got the only allocation for the dealer i went with so I think I am in for a long wait. Good luck.

You never know.. you might not be in for as long a wait as you think... it's the luck of the draw. Did they sell a 2007 GT500? If so you should ask them when they ordered it in 2006 and then when did that order come in... That might give you a little indication as to how long your wait might be... Just a thought !!! And then if it shows up sooner, ALL THE BETTER FOR YOU !!!

That is a good Idea. I know the sales manager is new to his job but he was a sales guy last year. He should know something. Again may not be 100% but still something to go off. Thanks

I talked to my dealer today and he was given a different Rep to contact about info on my GT500... so I dont have any update for ya Dans on mine. He is going to try and talk to him after the Holiday. So I might know a little something more by Next week.

Hi all -

Thank you,

Dave

Try Gene Evans Ford

Be Patient, they are making 8,000 more GT500's. Not to mention that some people that bought GT500's are gonna sell them to get into a KR. Just look at the numbers and you can figure out that MSRP will be reached in September/October. I know a few dealers that frequent this sight are going to tell you otherwise, but it is really simple economic's. Prices have been dropping steadily every few months, what does that tell you? Yes their will be a few absurd amounts that will be gotten but the fact is their are not that many Mustang enthusiasts that can afford 50k on a car.

Now getting into the KR might be a little different. With roughly only 1000 to 1500 units being made, it could be much more difficult to get a good deal on one.

My guess is the KR will follow the same pattern as the GT500. First dozen will be outrageous and I will personally laugh at the fools who spend 90k+ for a mustang (shelby or not). The next 300 will probably sell 15k to 25k over msrp. Then the bulk of 500 to 600 will go for 10k over msrp. Is it possible the last 100 or so will go under 10k over msrp? Who knows.

Just keep in mind that with Ford raising the MSRP on the KR it makes it much more difficult for dealers to collect a higher ADM for them.

Just look at Ebay and you will see the same bunch of GT500's coming up for sale and not meeting the reserve. Public doesnt seem to want to pay over 50k for them. As they sit they will start going for 48k or lower.

Personally I believe you will be able to get into a GT 500 as MSRP in October. I think in Decemeber you might be able to get it under MSRP with X plan or other incentives.

Wow, I have to disagree. Having been on the hunt for two years... I beyond LUCKY to get my deal. Every other MSRP deal was had the same way, no simple walk in and collect. I do not think there is a need to go MSRP as the market of guys wanting a car is still high enough. Yes, more will get a deal at some point, but the guys not willing to pay 10-15K over will find and settle at 5K over, and the guys not willing to pay 5K over MIGHT find a deal at less. However, the number of build decreases daily! Orders are probably close to being in, so that leaves the choices up to the dealers, so good luck finding exactly what YOU want. So I just do not see it happening.

As for the KR, no way. There are enough guys out there that will buy the 1000 up lightening fast! The same guys that wanted the fasted and bough the GT500 now have a new goal in sight! They already paid BIG numbers for the rights to be "first" so I am sure this will not be an issue.

All I can say is that it is a gamble. If you are WILLING to play the game, and loose, then more power to you. However if you WANT to be assured a car, you will pay whatever it is worth to you!

I waited, made calls daily, dealt with dozens of sales managers.... and made my deal. However, I was also one of those guys who would have walked if I did not find my deal this year!

Just remember, regardless of which side of the fence you are on, only YOU can make the decision and take the chances. What you read here will either help or blur!

Wow, I have to disagree. Having been on the hunt for two years... I beyond LUCKY to get my deal. Every other MSRP deal was had the same way, no simple walk in and collect. I do not think there is a need to go MSRP as the market of guys wanting a car is still high enough. Yes, more will get a deal at some point, but the guys not willing to pay 10-15K over will find and settle at 5K over, and the guys not willing to pay 5K over MIGHT find a deal at less. However, the number of build decreases daily! Orders are probably close to being in, so that leaves the choices up to the dealers, so good luck finding exactly what YOU want. So I just do not see it happening.

As for the KR, no way. There are enough guys out there that will buy the 1000 up lightening fast! The same guys that wanted the fasted and bough the GT500 now have a new goal in sight! They already paid BIG numbers for the rights to be "first" so I am sure this will not be an issue.

All I can say is that it is a gamble. If you are WILLING to play the game, and loose, then more power to you. However if you WANT to be assured a car, you will pay whatever it is worth to you!

I waited, made calls daily, dealt with dozens of sales managers.... and made my deal. However, I was also one of those guys who would have walked if I did not find my deal this year!

Just remember, regardless of which side of the fence you are on, only YOU can make the decision and take the chances. What you read here will either help or blur!

You do realize that their are still 2007 GT500's for sale right? Just a rough guess from my own investigating is from 25 to 100 2007's for sale. Most of them are asking for 7 to 8k over msrp and they aren't selling. What does that tell you?

As the price moves down closer to MSRP more and more people will buy.

As for demand, well they are producing 8000 more GT 500's in 2008. Couple that with the 12,000 made in 2007 and you have 20,000 cars. That is a lot of cars! To put that into perspective for you. Dodge made 11,000 and some change Vipers from 1996 to 2002.

The KR is gonna be 1000+ which will be similar to the yearly release of Dodge Vipers.

I look at the KR being closely compared to Vipers in sales as the only other car to compare with is the Corvette ZO6 but I don't have the exact numbers on how many were produced, but I know it far exceeds the Vipers in numbers.

Play the game and loose? Your joking right? The buyer in 2008 will have much better cards in their hand than in 2007. First you have 8000+ more being produced. Second you have the KR which will cause the high end to get soaked up and will cause some GT500's to go up for sale as people wish to upgrade. And third you have the Camero and Challenger coming out in Fall of 08.

Plus you can always get one "preowned"!

Only the foolish and naive are jumping early. Personally, I am waiting till at least the end of September before I even think of jumping. Play the game, you bet!

Also keep in mind that their is always something better coming down the pipe too! Good things happen to those who wait! (espeacially when you are collecting interest on your money for waiting)

The key statement that jumps out for me is to purchase the car for whatever its worth to you. This way you can get guaranteed (lets hope) an allocated car to your specifications. There has been much talk about prices going down, which I don't disagree with, but what would be interesting is to determine what % of buyers that are getting the lower prices, truly obtain the options that they want without ANY compromise. Hmm?

The key statement that jumps out for me is to purchase the car for whatever its worth to you. This way you can get guaranteed (lets hope) an allocated car to your specifications. There has been much talk about prices going down, which I don't disagree with, but what would be interesting is to determine what % of buyers that are getting the lower prices, truly obtain the options that they want without ANY compromise. Hmm?

that would be a great poll

how much ADM...%over MSRP?

did you get to drder your car the way you wanted it?

that would be a great poll

how much ADM...%over MSRP?

did you get to drder your car the way you wanted it?

Well we are talking about the GT 500 right? How many options really do you have? Exterior Color is the big one. Interior for most are constricted to one choice or two. I think Vista Blue is Charcoal, while Torch Red you can have either Charcoal or the red interior.

Then you have the option of Interior Upgrade or not.

Shaker 500, 1000 or Nav. Coupe or Convertible

Someone mentioned that the Stripes are Vinyl so you have quite a bit of flexibiltiy there.

With the GT 500 there really is not a plethera of options as there are on the GT or V6 model.

For me I want a Vista Blue with White Stripes, but I will also be content with the Grabber Orange and would add Black stripes (painted) later.

I might also settle for Performance white with Vista Blue stripes as well.

Having a little foresight of the future usually helps quite a bit. If the Camero and Challenger were not coming and 8000+ more GT500's were not being made then I would be worried.

Zan186,

It is not about the number options, just that there are options. I am sure there are those out there that are not as flexible as you. Those that are not may go for the higher price because they think ambient lighting is cheesy, for example.

Regards,

You do realize that their are still 2007 GT500's for sale right? Just a rough guess from my own investigating is from 25 to 100 2007's for sale. Most of them are asking for 7 to 8k over msrp and they aren't selling. What does that tell you?

As the price moves down closer to MSRP more and more people will buy.

As for demand, well they are producing 8000 more GT 500's in 2008. Couple that with the 12,000 made in 2007 and you have 20,000 cars. That is a lot of cars! To put that into perspective for you. Dodge made 11,000 and some change Vipers from 1996 to 2002.

The KR is gonna be 1000+ which will be similar to the yearly release of Dodge Vipers.

I look at the KR being closely compared to Vipers in sales as the only other car to compare with is the Corvette ZO6 but I don't have the exact numbers on how many were produced, but I know it far exceeds the Vipers in numbers.

Play the game and loose? Your joking right? The buyer in 2008 will have much better cards in their hand than in 2007. First you have 8000+ more being produced. Second you have the KR which will cause the high end to get soaked up and will cause some GT500's to go up for sale as people wish to upgrade. And third you have the Camero and Challenger coming out in Fall of 08.

Plus you can always get one "preowned"!

Only the foolish and naive are jumping early. Personally, I am waiting till at least the end of September before I even think of jumping. Play the game, you bet!

Also keep in mind that their is always something better coming down the pipe too! Good things happen to those who wait! (espeacially when you are collecting interest on your money for waiting)

Interesting thought on your part - "Only the foolish and naive are jumping early." That's an interesting comment coming from someone posting on a board full of GT500 Owners . . . or "Fools" as you refer to them.

HSURB

ZAN186, I never said you had to buy now or later. It was my opinion. If you think you can find the perfect car, sometime this fall, more power (or less) to you. Again it IS about playing the game. If you can settle, easier to play. I passed up plenty of deals and most because of the OPTIONS, so for some, it does matter. All I am saying is good luck finding your PERFECT car, to your specs, come fall. Oh yea, and at MSRP. For me, my options list, plus a vert, kept me away from many cars. Also, the 12,000 or so 2007 and to have a few (less than 100) in the world still for sale, hummmm possibly being held by a limited number of dealers? Cheap advertising? Poor choice of color or option? Who knows... but I stand by my comment, wait if you want, buy if you want, but you get no bragging rights or kudos until you SEAL your deal. A lot of talk, but write us back when you get your car. And just for kicks, how about you spell out your perfect car now, just so we can all agree you did not settle!!! Oh yea, and good luck.

I'm sorry to say you are wrong. My MSRP deal was walk in and collect.

Dave

Dave, you ordered your car on 3/27/06??? That was long before this car went into production and before Ford even began scheduling these. That is back when most of the MSRP deals were made on this car. Long before dealers had a clue as to what the market would bring on these. Most buyers back then and even before that were just walk in and collect deals!

Walk into dealership before April 2006. Yeah, I want to buy a Shelby GT500. Sorry, we don't have any yet. They are not out yet. I know, but I want to buy one and want to put a deposit down on one now! I will pay sticker! Ohhhh??? Sticker? Yep! OK, no problem! LOL

May of 2006 and beyond.

Walk into dealership. I want to buy a Shelby GT500. No problem. It is a $5k deposit and you are number 25 on our list! The price is $30K over MSRP! OR the price will be determined based on market when the car comes in! OR the people that all put a deposit on this will all be invited back to dealership once the car is here and it will be auctioned to the highest bidder at that time!

Dave, based on when you walked in to buy your car I don't think that is what he was referring to. I think what he was referring to is that there are no walk in and collect MSRP deals where the car is already sitting their on the showroom floor ready to be delivered.

How many buyers got a MSRP deal where they walked into the dealership where the car was just sitting there waiting to be sold????

I've had mine for nine months, I jumped first, guess I am a fool. :finger:

But the old fool has been having fun for nine months, imagine that :happy feet:

If you paid 25k+ ADM then you spent 20k more than the guys buying them now. If the 20k extra you paid to have the vehicle for 9 months was worth it then good for you. Some people have money to burn, others tend to be much more thrifty. Those who don't have money to burn and spent more than 10k ADM can don a Jester hat.

My ideal GT500 would be Vista Blue, with interior upgrade. However i also like the Grabber Orange. I like the White as well with the Vista Blue Stripes. Black is a pain to keep clean. I definately will not go red as I have a Final Edition Dodge Viper. I have a black Jeep Wrangler, and a White Corvette.

Therefore my order of preference is Blue > Orange > White. If I can't get 1 of those 3 it won't happen.

My ceiling for a fully loaded GT500 is 50k

If I can get a KR I might go to 60k.

ZAN - you are truly a dreamer. Like I said, if it is so easy, and there are SO many cars on lots, then why are you still TALKING about getting the deal you claim is readily available??? Go back and read my last response. Get or sit! Talking about how easy this is to get YOUR price is once thing, getting it is another. I am sure by since you are willing to settle for just about anything, that there is one of those cars in the hundreds you claim are out there on lots... go get!!! Oh and if there is not, I am sure you can walk into ANY dealer right now and buy one of the 8000 new builds, and almost pick your color and options!

Look, do not mean to kick here, but stop talking smack and go get a car, then come back and we will all let you gloat about the great deal! Until then, catch up with the hundreds of guys on this forum who can all tall you their story first hand. Yes some got MSRP, a few even less, but I count myself VERY lucky to have gotten mine!

Dave, you ordered your car on 3/27/06??? That was long before this car went into production and before Ford even began scheduling these. That is back when most of the MSRP deals were made on this car. Long before dealers had a clue as to what the market would bring on these. Most buyers back then and even before that were just walk in and collect deals!

Walk into dealership before April 2006. Yeah, I want to buy a Shelby GT500. Sorry, we don't have any yet. They are not out yet. I know, but I want to buy one and want to put a deposit down on one now! I will pay sticker! Ohhhh??? Sticker? Yep! OK, no problem! LOL

May of 2006 and beyond.

Walk into dealership. I want to buy a Shelby GT500. No problem. It is a $5k deposit and you are number 25 on our list! The price is $30K over MSRP! OR the price will be determined based on market when the car comes in! OR the people that all put a deposit on this will all be invited back to dealership once the car is here and it will be auctioned to the highest bidder at that time!

Dave, based on when you walked in to buy your car I don't think that is what he was referring to. I think what he was referring to is that there are no walk in and collect MSRP deals where the car is already sitting their on the showroom floor ready to be delivered.

How many buyers got a MSRP deal where they walked into the dealership where the car was just sitting there waiting to be sold????

You are correct...you almost exactly explained the experience I had buying mine.

His exact words were "every other deal was had"...meaning past tense. If he meant recently, or meant with cars on the lot, he should have stated it as such. People need to be more clear when they express things or they end up mis-stating things and losing credibility.

Dave

ZAN - you are truly a dreamer. Like I said, if it is so easy, and there are SO many cars on lots, then why are you still TALKING about getting the deal you claim is readily available??? Go back and read my last response. Get or sit! Talking about how easy this is to get YOUR price is once thing, getting it is another. I am sure by since you are willing to settle for just about anything, that there is one of those cars in the hundreds you claim are out there on lots... go get!!! Oh and if there is not, I am sure you can walk into ANY dealer right now and buy one of the 8000 new builds, and almost pick your color and options!

Look, do not mean to kick here, but stop talking smack and go get a car, then come back and we will all let you gloat about the great deal! Until then, catch up with the hundreds of guys on this forum who can all tall you their story first hand. Yes some got MSRP, a few even less, but I count myself VERY lucky to have gotten mine!

Dreamer? No try realist. Why don't I move on a car right now? The supply hasn't arrived yet silly. You have to wait until the supply saturates. I believe supply will start to arrive in late August, saturation should start to occur in late september. Give the dealers a month or two sitting on a bunch of cars on consignment and then they should be ready to deal.

Dreamer? No try realist. Why don't I move on a car right now? The supply hasn't arrived yet silly. You have to wait until the supply saturates. I believe supply will start to arrive in late August, saturation should start to occur in late september. Give the dealers a month or two sitting on a bunch of cars on consignment and then they should be ready to deal.

The whole discussion is very ironic. dans500 is supporting an adjusted market value, when he himself got an MSRP deal?

Also interesting, as the discussion expands, more about Zan186's perspective comes through. It would have been totally different if all the facts were presented up-front. Would have saved a lot wind.

The whole discussion is very ironic. dans500 is supporting an adjusted market value, when he himself got an MSRP deal?

Also interesting, as the discussion expands, more about Zan186's perspective comes through. It would have been totally different if all the facts were presented up-front. Would have saved a lot wind.

I have been keeping an eye on a couple of local dealers that have GT500's in inventory. The dealers are not cutting prices, but the cars do not seem to be moving.

I am hoping that when the 08's start to trickle in it will force the dealers to go to MSRP on any 2007's left, and I am further hoping that the market is getting close to saturated, as I am personally unwilling to pay over MSRP to acquire another toy.

I intend to swing by a couple of local dealers this weekend and see if they are ready to deal, or if they are still going to hold out.

In my area of Southern California, the cars are generally marked at 20k over sticker, they will move to 10k over with a phone call, and it looks like 5-7k over with some further dickering.

Archived