TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to ruin a KR

Cali_KR

I guess to some a tubular K Member is fine... but to me, and many others, it's way too harsh compared to stock.

Everyone is different, but I would never drive a car with a tubular K member.

Have you ever driving an S197 car with a BMR tubular K member? The K member didn't increase harshness of the car hardly at all. Cockpit noise was increased a bit, but tied in with all the other suspension and chassis work I have done it was a vast improvement while keeping the car comfortable on the street. Most GT500 guys can't believe how nice my car rides, but also (and more importantly) how much different and more responsive over stock trim. That stock K member was HUGE and weighed a ton. Removing all those heavy components off the front of the car was one of the best upgrades I have done. Balance front to rear is much better and the car feels nimble. Benefits strongly outweigh any minor inconveniences.

Have you ever driving an S197 car with a BMR tubular K member? The K member didn't increase harshness of the car hardly at all. Cockpit noise was increased a bit, but tied in with all the other suspension and chassis work I have done it was a vast improvement while keeping the car comfortable on the street. Most GT500 guys can't believe how nice my car rides, but also (and more importantly) how much different and more responsive over stock trim. That stock K member was HUGE and weighed a ton. Removing all those heavy components off the front of the car was one of the best upgrades I have done. Balance front to rear is much better and the car feels nimble. Benefits strongly outweigh any minor inconveniences.

Totally agree, have all BMR suspension up front and drives fantastic. Windy mountain roads are my friend.

Totally agree, have all BMR suspension up front and drives fantastic. Windy mountain roads are my friend.

Love the twisties! Maybe a little too much..... I tend to get in my own little world and push harder than I should on the street. The car just begs to be thrown into a corner. Maybe we'll meet up sometime and share some mountain fun. Where are you located?

I don't know how this became a tubular K Member debate... I find it odd that people feel the need to convince someone that their purchase is correct for everyone.

Can't it just be enough that it's something you prefer?

I don't like mushrooms either... but there are a lot of people that think I'm crazy and that mushrooms are great should I now decide that they are correct?

Your car is blue... mine is grey... should I get a blue one because that was your choice?

You see what I'm getting at here?

I see posts CONSTANTLY about aftermarket parts. "Which clutch is the best?"

That's a particularly good one... where one person will say Spec is just like driving a stock clutch... then another will say it's horrible and that a McLeod is great and so on and so on and so on. (BTW I bought a McLeoud clutch and hated it for the record...on several forum recommendations)

I'm sorry if I offended you with my tubular K member remark.

And yes I've ridden in and driven an S197 car with a tubular K member. It's noisy it creaks like all get out and no I didn't like it... and no I wouldn't put it in my car.

My car is a daily driver, I personally couldn't live with that racket every single day.

But maybe your car is a weekend toy... or maybe you go to the track or maybe... maybe... etc.

Like I wrote before... everyone is different and everyone has different needs and tolerance levels.

I can't stand noises... they drive me crazy... but what drives me crazy others might not even notice.

So... there ya go.

Love the twisties! Maybe a little too much..... I tend to get in my own little world and push harder than I should on the street. The car just begs to be thrown into a corner. Maybe we'll meet up sometime and share some mountain fun. Where are you located?

Just north of Asheville 20 miles from the TN stateline. Trying to figure out how to t away and go on the Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains 2017

I don't know how this became a tubular K Member debate... I find it odd that people feel the need to convince someone that their purchase is correct for everyone.

Can't it just be enough that it's something you prefer?

I don't like mushrooms either... but there are a lot of people that think I'm crazy and that mushrooms are great should I now decide that they are correct?

Your car is blue... mine is grey... should I get a blue one because that was your choice?

You see what I'm getting at here?

I see posts CONSTANTLY about aftermarket parts. "Which clutch is the best?"

That's a particularly good one... where one person will say Spec is just like driving a stock clutch... then another will say it's horrible and that a McLeod is great and so on and so on and so on. (BTW I bought a McLeoud clutch and hated it for the record...on several forum recommendations)

I'm sorry if I offended you with my tubular K member remark.

And yes I've ridden in and driven an S197 car with a tubular K member. It's noisy it creaks like all get out and no I didn't like it... and no I wouldn't put it in my car.

My car is a daily driver, I personally couldn't live with that racket every single day.

But maybe your car is a weekend toy... or maybe you go to the track or maybe... maybe... etc.

Like I wrote before... everyone is different and everyone has different needs and tolerance levels.

I can't stand noises... they drive me crazy... but what drives me crazy others might not even notice.

So... there ya go.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You made a comment and I asked you a question/shared my experience. Everyone has opinions and a forum is designed to share and discuss.

Just north of Asheville 20 miles from the TN stateline. Trying to figure out how to t away and go on the Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains 2017

Yeah... I'm tentative on that one, too. Should be a good crowd this year and I hope to make it.