TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When to expect SS parts sold separately?

I noticed that the new Shelby Performance site does not really offer many parts from the 40th, KR or SS sold separately.

Does anyone know if and when we could expect this to happen. I know I do not have the money to order any of these kits in full but would like to purchase bits and peices from each to build my own King Cobra Super Snake, whatever you want to call it!

I got a reply from SAI not to long about this, and they replied that these parts will not be available separately as to keep them exclusive to those owners who purchase the rare complete packages. I guess that is cool for those lucky people but from a business standpoint it would make no sense to not sell each part individually to whoever the hell wants to buy it.

Your thoughts and or if you the scoop on this?

I noticed that the new Shelby Performance site does not really offer many parts from the 40th, KR or SS sold separately.

Does anyone know if and when we could expect this to happen. I know I do not have the money to order any of these kits in full but would like to purchase bits and pieces from each to build my own King Cobra Super Snake, whatever you want to call it!

I got a reply from SAI not to long about this, and they replied that these parts will not be available separately as to keep them exclusive to those owners who purchase the rare complete packages. I guess that is cool for those lucky people but from a business standpoint it would make no sense to not sell each part individually to whoever the hell wants to buy it.

Your thoughts and or if you the scoop on this?

KR hoods will not be sold separately. The SS hood will go on sale around September.

This is what I do not understand, so what if a KR owner needs a new hood because they were in an accident?

I guess I could just pay someone that owns a KR to order another hood and then problem solved :)

The SS hood looks cheap in comparison to the KR hood shown at the NY Auto show.

So are you saying or anticipate that certain parts to order from Ford or SAI, you will have to prove that you are an SS or KR or 40th owner in order to buy certain parts individually.

Whats the big freakin deal anyway, who cares who is buying the parts, whether they are just "regular" GT500 owners or KR/SS owners.

My thought is I really don't have or want to spend 28K for a SS but many of the parts I might be interested in. Maybe I'll spend 3K on parts this year and 4K next year and over 5 or 6 years could end up with a SS. What then? I understood that they would make allowances for parts you already have. I have a CORSA exhaust that I'm keeping. No need for Borlas. If I bought all the parts that I could over 5 years and say had 6K in parts remaining (Carbon fiber rockers etc.) and then went to them and paid the 6K for improvements left to be done would they certify it a SS?

Ya exactly, makes no sense, the SS/40th are no true cars in them selves, Im sorry but if it does not leave the factory like that, it aint stock. The SS/40th is no different then me just buying a bunch of parts and installing them, the only difference is you are paying big time for SAI to do the work, therefore I hope they offer all the parts for sale individually so we can build our own SS at our own pace.

My thought is I really don't have or want to spend 28K for a SS but many of the parts I might be interested in. Maybe I'll spend 3K on parts this year and 4K next year and over 5 or 6 years could end up with a SS. What then? I understood that they would make allowances for parts you already have. I have a CORSA exhaust that I'm keeping. No need for Borlas. If I bought all the parts that I could over 5 years and say had 6K in parts remaining (Carbon fiber rockers etc.) and then went to them and paid the 6K for improvements left to be done would they certify it a SS?

Aint gonna happen. No way. No how.

Might as well get over it!

Some SS parts will be available, SAI never said ALL of them would. Example, the SS dash plate and sills, probably the stripe kit and SS badging WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE SEPERATELY etc..Performance oriented stuff like rear gearing, shifter, SOME carbon fiber parts, hood (SS only) suspension parts, blower and CAI WILL BE AVAILABLE etc.. this is an example from Tulsa that was posted for SS parts to be available down the road, maybe in the fall, maybe next spring, who knows because they are JUST starting to call 450 40th and 1,500 SS people on listSS_Flyer_2.jpg Amy did say something to the effect that you can do SS parts on your own and it will perform like one, but certification will only be if you have them (SAI) do the package at Las Vegas or at the East coast shop when it opens, she did say after whoever pays the downpayment when they call will have up to 3 years to take it in to actually do it. So I figure after 3 years they will NOT be doing any more 07SS, they want to be finished with them at that time. I would think the 08SS would be the same deal, MY OPINION NOT SAI. :)

SS_Flyer_2.jpg

Aint gonna happen. No way. No how.

Might as well get over it!

I should of claifified my opionion. My statement was in regards to this quote:

If I bought all the parts that I could over 5 years and say had 6K in parts remaining (Carbon fiber rockers etc.) and then went to them and paid the 6K for improvements left to be done would they certify it a SS?

IMO & this is only a guess, the only outside chance you would have of getting it certified & registered in the books as a true super snake (if SAI allows this) is to buy all the parts you can to save money & send them with the car to SAI, have them add what you can't buy from outside vendors & pay the $100 Hr. labor rate for them to assemble it. But that's up to them & even with this approach, I say it's slim to No chance

So now we have to decide go with FRPP parts or SAI?

Neither seem to use the same parts, for instance SAI does not use the Multimatic Handling package that Ford offers.

I may have to sit back and see what is truly available a year from now and what performs the best for the money because as of right now there is just way too much uncertainty.

Archived