TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hellion Kit

Saw a hellion kit for a reasonable price. What do you guys know about this? Also if I get it will it be worth it? Will I get a lot of power for my money? Just need opinions because I have been reading all day and I know our stock engines probably won't hold a ton of horsepower.

It doesn't really matter what you bolt on, it's all in the tune.

I adhere to these rules to minimize the risks (there is always a risk):
- do not exceed 450rwhp

- no excessive rev-ving
- keep RPM's below 6000

- get a GOOD TUNE

It doesn't really matter what you bolt on, it's all in the tune.

I adhere to these rules to minimize the risks (there is always a risk):

- do not exceed 450rwhp

- no excessive rev-ving

- keep RPM's below 6000

- get a GOOD TUNE

Thanks I will keep this in mind.

Really it's all personal pref when it comes to the stock shortblock. You can get to 450rwhp with any kind of power adder. Centri, Roots, Twin Screw, Turbo, Nitrous, doesn't matter. If you want more than 450rwhp, you're going to need to upgrade the block internals. Personally, I like the whistle sound of a turbo and the centri blowers, sounds like a jet engine taking off. The whine of a roots/TS blower, not so much.

Saw a hellion kit for a reasonable price. What do you guys know about this? Also if I get it will it be worth it? Will I get a lot of power for my money? Just need opinions because I have been reading all day and I know our stock engines probably won't hold a ton of horsepower.

I talked to him directly for another project and told him what I was using the car for and surprisingly he told me I'd be better off with a supercharger instead. If you are only going in a straight line then yea Turbo's are great, but if you do any road course or auto crossing then this kit is not what you want. If you are doing nothing then daily driver then its overkill. When they installed these on Engine Power they didn't tell you everything on the show and that came from his mouth

I think Shelby offered a Shelby GT package on the 2015-2016 Ecoboost but it would be awesome to see a S197 with this kit to see how it performs.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/how-shelby-builds-newest-mustang-turbo-gt

Yes, Shelby should do a package that is just for the Eco-boost and not the GTE alphabet soup

SEB or Shelby EB or Shelby 1Ball lol

Another thing to consider, I believe you would be the only Shelby GT with a turbo. I've considered swapping to turbo myself. I don't recall anyone else doing that with one of these cars. A one of a kind.

there have already been some people who have done turbos on the Shelby GT. Some guys over on the s197 site have done them. Also a turbo here.........

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89272-throwback-thursday-2005-2009-ford-mustang-gt-shelby-turbo-package/?hl=turbo

Edited by mhr1961