TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT350

I seen a 700 mile 2011 Shelby GT350 sell at B-J tonight for $77,000.

I think that's good for us 2011 owners

As great as the new GT350's are and the options the 2018 Mustang GT is coming with plus SAI cars, I wouldn't sell or trade my 2011 for anything. I'm just still mad I didn't order mine from day 1 and would have had the number I wanted which is 39 and I actually had it reserved but the damn health issue I have been dealing with the last 2 months was the reason why I didn't order the car in 2011 and friggin nerve pain can change your plans right away. Hey, who has #39 lets swap plaques I have #108. All my other Shelby's are #39 so would have been great to have it

I haven't seen any 2011's up For Sale recently but this price keeps our values up

I seen a 700 mile 2011 Shelby GT350 sell at B-J tonight for $77,000.

I think that's good for us 2011 owners

As great as the new GT350's are and the options the 2018 Mustang GT is coming with plus SAI cars, I wouldn't sell or trade my 2011 for anything. I'm just still mad I didn't order mine from day 1 and would have had the number I wanted which is 39 and I actually had it reserved but the damn health issue I have been dealing with the last 2 months was the reason why I didn't order the car in 2011 and friggin nerve pain can change your plans right away. Hey, who has #39 lets swap plaques I have #108. All my other Shelby's are #39 so would have been great to have it

I haven't seen any 2011's up For Sale recently but this price keeps our values up

And the one that sold didn't have the interior upgrade either

Give it time. The 65 gt350 sold today at BJ for $405000. The 2011 gt350 will be the same way. History always repeats itself.......

You are dreaming if you think the 2011 GT350's will ever get to that price range. Those were 2 idiots who ended up paying about $200k more than its worth. Attention people what cars sell at B-J or Mecum is not the base for what cars are worth. Yea, that owner is laughing all the way to the bank but I seen many cars and trucks sell way under what it cost to build them and they're not laughing today. All these cars used to be affordable to the real car people until these auctions ruined the hobby. Not a fan at all

You are dreaming if you think the 2011 GT350's will ever get to that price range. Those were 2 idiots who ended up paying about $200k more than its worth. Attention people what cars sell at B-J or Mecum is not the base for what cars are worth. Yea, that owner is laughing all the way to the bank but I seen many cars and trucks sell way under what it cost to build them and they're not laughing today. All these cars used to be affordable to the real car people until these auctions ruined the hobby. Not a fan at all

Well, that is what a willing seller sold it for to a willing buyer. That is the definition of MARKET. So wile auction prices are sometimes outliers (both in the low price and high price range) they are part of the comparables used to set the market value. I for one tend to agree that the GT350 probably was a high-end outlier (at this point in time) but time will tell if that outlier status remains or if it is a leading indicator of a future market trend.

Sorry if you feel you've been "priced out of the market", but the market is what the market is.

Boss 9 sold for a good price too.

Edited by twobjshelbys

The 65 GT350 was never properly inspected for all its restoration faults, but it got caught in "auction fever". Good for the seller and the auction house commission. I never expect my 66 GT350 to get near that and have not owned for investment as if it were a commodity. Like my 2011 GT350, also not an expected investment windfall, I have them to enjoy on the road, shows, track or even when I pass through the garage. Each was a dream for ownership that I was able to realize. Like TwoShelbys said, the market will dictate its own rationale. If it dictates an investment positive for when want to get to sell my toys, that is a bonus, not a goal for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Great outlook on the future of these cars. The one thing i know is it has been awesome owning a 2011 gt350 because it demands attention everywhere it goes. Not only does it look bad ass but it performs like no other. For me, the car is priceless......

Well, that is what a willing seller sold it for to a willing buyer. That is the definition of MARKET. So wile auction prices are sometimes outliers (both in the low price and high price range) they are part of the comparables used to set the market value. I for one tend to agree that the GT350 probably was a high-end outlier (at this point in time) but time will tell if that outlier status remains or if it is a leading indicator of a future market trend.

Sorry if you feel you've been "priced out of the market", but the market is what the market is.

Boss 9 sold for a good price too.

lmao I haven't been out priced for anything! I'm not stupid enough to go to these auctions and pay those huge premiums plus commissions