TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains 2017

stngfever

Scott, I'm not feeling any better. :cry: You might have to find a new driver to watch your back. :shrug: All these years having the number two pole position has been great. Well make decision on Friday.

George, I could meet you in Valdosta at 7:00 and then take Hwy 221 up to Augusta if I'm feeling better. Do you still have my number?

I'm planning on the I-95/I-26/I-77/I-85/321 Route to Boone if anyone is interested.

Happy to have company or meet up along the way.

I expect about an 8-hour drive or so depending on traffic, breaks, etc.

Since I'm in Northeast Florida, I thought I might hit Florida-Georgia around 9:00 am Saturday morning.

Sam

Well how fortunes change in 24 hours. I hate to say it but it looks like I will have to back out. Middle of last night house AC craps out and for those that have experienced South Florida this time of the year being without AC is not a pleasure. An unexpected financial set back but I can get over that however then the shop that is powder coating a chassis for a project car my son and I are working on calls this morning and said it will be done on Friday and he needs me to pick it up this weekend as he has no space to store it due to incoming projects next week. No flexibility. If I don't pick it up it sits outside until I do. Then the person that is suppose to cover for me next Mon and Tues called to say her spouse has to have surgery tomorrow so she's not sure she will be in to work next week.....

Talk about a lousy hump day.....anyway sorry about backing out as I really could use some time away but I can't find an alternate backup for work and the chassis is just another stressor I'd rather put behind me.

Have fun in the mountains......

GT

I'm planning on the I-95/I-26/I-77/I-85/321 Route to Boone if anyone is interested.

Happy to have company or meet up along the way.

I expect about an 8-hour drive or so depending on traffic, breaks, etc.

Since I'm in Northeast Florida, I thought I might hit Florida-Georgia around 9:00 am Saturday morning.

Sam

Sam,

Anyway you can leave Friday afternoon?

Vic and I are stopping in Columbia (at the moment) for the night

Well how fortunes change in 24 hours. I hate to say it but it looks like I will have to back out. Middle of last night house AC craps out and for those that have experienced South Florida this time of the year being without AC is not a pleasure. An unexpected financial set back but I can get over that however then the shop that is powder coating a chassis for a project car my son and I are working on calls this morning and said it will be done on Friday and he needs me to pick it up this weekend as he has no space to store it due to incoming projects next week. No flexibility. If I don't pick it up it sits outside until I do. Then the person that is suppose to cover for me next Mon and Tues called to say her spouse has to have surgery tomorrow so she's not sure she will be in to work next week.....

Talk about a lousy hump day.....anyway sorry about backing out as I really could use some time away but I can't find an alternate backup for work and the chassis is just another stressor I'd rather put behind me.

GT

sorry to hear George, sound like my string of luck anymore.... and I too could have used the time away.

Good Luck

Scott, I'm not feeling any better. :cry: You might have to find a new driver to watch your back. :shrug: All these years having the number two pole position has been great. Well make decision on Friday.
George, I could meet you in Valdosta at 7:00 and then take Hwy 221 up to Augusta if I'm feeling better. Do you still have my number?

Don, you will make the trip dog. I feel bad every day with my health issues, and I fight it every day, just as you. We need this trip and I need to see you and your lovely daughter, so YES you will be on this trip. NO EXCUSES..... LOVE YOU BROTHER.

GT

Sorry you can't make it. What a bunch of things happening at once. Next year big guy and good luck with all the issues.

Sam,

Anyway you can leave Friday afternoon?

Vic and I are stopping in Columbia (at the moment) for the night

Jim

Scott and I are leaving early on Friday for Charleston for the night. Depending on weather, we will all meet up for the runs Saturday, upon you getting there. Drive safe big guy and I look forward to seeing you and Vic

Edited by Rumors

Jim

Scott and I are leaving early on Friday for Charleston for the night. Depending on weather, we will all meet up for the runs Saturday, upon you getting there. Drive safe big guy and I look forward to seeing you and Vic

Cliff, told ya many times to step away from the keyboard while drinking!

We're planning to potentially meet Jim and Vic in Bristol Saturday to run the Snake in to Boone!

2 days to go :yahoo:

Sunday and Monday weather is looking perfect :clapping:

Safe travels for those making the trek and see all in Boone Saturday night for dinner.

We're planning to potentially meet Jim and Vic in Bristol Saturday to run the Snake in to Boone!

Safe travels for those making the trek and see all in Boone Saturday night for dinner.

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Have you ever seen the movie "A bugs Life", Remember when the two mosquitos are flying by the Electric Lighted Zapper and the one yells "Harry don't go near the light" and Harry yells back " I cant help it"..... Then Zap hes dead.

I am just like Harry when I am at the keyboard...... :whistling::whistling:

We are leaving in about an hour. Going to get the absolutely spotless car filthy on the way down. Oh well. Sunday and Monday look like awesome days.

If it helps any I drove mine to work several days this week, it now has a yellow-greenish tone to it.

I'll be thinking of you guys this weekend.

Glad to hear everything is going well and Jim has a new friend. :yahoo: Vic, keep your hands off Jim's new friend. :love_shower: Cliff, how in the world did you walk out of that adult store with Jim's new friend? :rob_grabber: Scott, how is your new wingman doing? :salute:

Great day today! Sam took up wingman duties for most of today. Cliff hasn't let go of Becky! In fact he was so jealous of Jim having a passenger, cliff had Becky for his front seat passenger today!

Edited by stngfever

To all those that missed the rain date, you missed a heck of a good time. Sunday and Monday were absolutely beautiful and Monday the skies were so blue it was unreal.

Scott, (our fearless leader), again mapped out a fabulous trip for us all, and as usual lead the way through the angles of danger. He fears no evil and we were with him all the way.

All the roads, hotels and restaurants were different than in the past and everything worked out perfect. The only thing that was the same was the town of our kickoff dinner. Those that have joined in the past and those who have never had the opportunity or pleasure to do so, do not realize the hard work Scott puts in for these events. A lot of time and work goes into everything involved and it pays off. *** Not sure who picked our last dinner location, and what an experience it was. Sam took a young man named Vance, under his wing during dinner by teaching him many things about our currency and the meaning behind such. The look on this kids face and eyes was amazing and he yelled and clapped as we all revved our engines and spun some tires as we drove away from his grandmothers restaurant. Memories for all of us and especially for that young man.

Don,,,,, We cannot post pictures of Becky, as TS would ban them. Also right now she is so sad and deflated, now that the trip is over. She is pouting because now has to live in her box, until the next time she sees Jim. At that time she will awaken, (blown up), and be happy once again, as she so misses Jim. Ye,s she became my passenger since Vic had the front seat in Jim's car, and boy oh boy, did she bring attention from many people. LOL.

Again "Spring Cruisin the Smokies" was a success and we all look forward to next year and thanks Scott for your hard work.

Cliff

Edited by Rumors

Yes, we indeed had a great time - thanks again to Scott for being the lead!

I definitely need to work on the suspension, something has gotten out of shape underneath, hopefully just a tire out of balance or something minor, but there's a vibration that comes up around 80 mph! Must have happened on one of the less-than-stellar road surfaces - probably the speed bumps that South Carolina has cleverly installed on the interstate!

Vic and Jim will attest that I'm also the official "Possum Killer" after smacking a possum on I-77 on the way home! I also think the possum took out one of the fuel tank shields as the fuel supply/return lines seem very exposed now! Has anyone with an SGT coupe got photos of the fuel tank area that I can use for comparison?

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT

Glad to hear everything is going well and Jim has a new friend. :yahoo: Vic, keep your hands off Jim's new friend. :love_shower: Cliff, how in the world did you walk out of that adult store with Jim's new friend? :rob_grabber: Scott, how is your new wingman doing? :salute:

Was not my friend, she liked Cliff so much, she rode him (I mean rode with him) all weekend..

Great day today! Sam took up wingman duties for most of today. Cliff hasn't let go of Becky! In fact he was so jealous of Jim having a passenger, cliff had Becky for his front seat passenger today!

Becky was NEVER riding with Jim. She was ALL Scott's and Cliff's companions...