TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains 2017

stngfever

I'll show you how much of a flower it is when I see you in a few weeks... :club:

This should be interesting. Let's see where this goes.

Just as an FYI as everyone's right foot is getting ancy..... I know we are a few days away, but I thought I would check for the BRP road closures to see if there are any issues:

https://www.nps.gov/blri/planyourvisit/roadclosures.htm

You'll want to check this link as we get closer. Right now there are several miles/sections of the BRP for the planned route that are not open to any traffic. In addition, the BRP has increased it's patrol over the past few years and fines for speeding are rather high. The Parkway speed limit is mostly 45 mph, but occasionally it will drop to 25 mph or 35 mph.... not that I have ever been accused of staying close to those numbers on the BRP.

Thanks Blake.

Road Closures and weather are 2 items we closely monitor behind the scenes as this event nears.

Considering the conflicting info I've found on how much of the BRP is actually closed (4 or 40 something), plans are to contact the Park Service next week for solid info.

Alternate work around map is ready to go in case we need to hop on BRP further NE.

Keep watching this thread as we near lift off less than 2 weeks :shift:

Ummm, one year we had rain and couldn't really rely on a rain date due to 50th celebration. We did have at least one other year where we had to rely on rain date.

However, as we get closer, sometime mid next week a decision will be made as to a go-no go based on weather. So stay tuned and hope for the one day to clear up!

No where, those Michigan boys and the old man from Pa can not keep up...and if they think they can, we will unleash the DON on them.... :hysterical2::hysterical2:

The only time I get unleashed is when they let a camaro or vette pass them. :shift:

But how many of you got a "coupon" on your way to the First Team Shelby Nats at Summit Point and Carlisle? :stirpot:

Oh boy, somebody has a GREAT memory, that "coupon" is sitting in a box of momentous in a Michigan closet somewhere :whistling:

Since my wife is the perpetual pessimist and gives me weather update daily.... yesterday she told me next week end was all rain according to the weather channel, so I decided to check myself.... Weather channel is showing a chance of Thunderstorms on Tuesday after we leave. Here is the same website as yesterdays post.... the rain is moving on out! Musta heard we're coming into town....

post-25056-0-03485300-1492784401_thumb.png