TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains 2017

stngfever

Room in Boone booked at Super 8. They said they only have a couple rooms left so time is running out. Must be some event happening that weekend as a lot of hotels have limited space.

Blake

Edited by ViperNC

Great news.

Sure the hotels are getting booked up. Everyone knows we come this time of year so they want to be ready when we pull into town to see our awesome cars. :shift::whistling:

Room in Boone booked at Super 8. They said they only have a couple rooms left so time is running out. Must be some event happening that weekend as a lot of hotels have limited space.

Blake

Just got off the phone with the Super 8 in Boone! I got the last room! They claimed there was no special rate so I paid the full $129.... but who cares I'm booked!!! :yahoo: Update the list!!! :dance:

I think you'll be able to negotiate the group rate when you get there. There are a few other options in Boone still available and also in Blowing Rock which is only about 10 minutes away.

Don has been quiet, as old as he is, is he still breathing??? :whistling:

I rather be an old fart than a fat guy who blows up his alternator trying to keep up with the Boss. :hysterical2::stirpot:

Just booked room at Boone and got the Team Shelby rate $96.00. :happy feet:
All systems are go for April 29th blast off. :shift:

Just got off the phone with the Super 8 in Boone! I got the last room! They claimed there was no special rate so I paid the full $129.... but who cares I'm booked!!! :yahoo: Update the list!!! :dance:

Doug, let them know TeamShelby for the group rate.

I just got off the phone with Super 8 and they have plenty of rooms left (20+)

Will update the list to now include Doug!

I rather be an old fart than a fat guy who blows up his alternator trying to keep up with the Boss. :hysterical2::stirpot:

:redcard: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2:

:grouphug:

Just booked room at Boone and got the Team Shelby rate $96.00. :happy feet:
All systems are go for April 29th blast off. :shift:

About time for you to book room, you only knew 2 months ago??? Old Man...did you just forget. Maybe you should give us Jenny's number so she can remind you?? :shrug:

:hide:

Scott:

AS we discussed on the phone, we have a non TS member joining us with her Shelby also, Jennifer Smith Carter from Asheville area. Her reservations are made at both hotels. You may want to add her to the list.

Got her added to list!

We now have 8 Confirmed! :dance:

Scott:

AS we discussed on the phone, we have a non TS member joining us with her Shelby also, Jennifer Smith Carter from Asheville area. Her reservations are made at both hotels. You may want to add her to the list.

Welcome to another Jennifer. :puppy_kiss: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Doug, let them know TeamShelby for the group rate.

I just got off the phone with Super 8 and they have plenty of rooms left (20+)

Will update the list to now include Doug!

I did! He claimed there was nothing..... I even called rather than doing it online because there was nowhere to add a discount code. I thought he also told me I got the last double queen room, he was very hard to understand.

Story of my life... trust me! :fan:

I did! He claimed there was nothing..... I even called rather than doing it online because there was nowhere to add a discount code. I thought he also told me I got the last double queen room, he was very hard to understand.

Call them back right now and ask for patrick. He knows what is what.

Just got off the phone with Jenna. Doug give her a call and she will take care of it. Patrick is off from the night shift.

Just got off the phone with Jenna. Doug give her a call and she will take care of it. Patrick is off from the night shift.

Thank you and for the record her name is Kenna! When I called the number on the opening post this morning I got a recording that it was not available so I called the one that came up on Google Maps which of course took me to a registration desk, not the hotel! once again I have now spent the better part of my 45 min lunch on the phone trying to change or cancel reservations..... PITA!

Thank you and for the record her name is Kenna! When I called the number on the opening post this morning I got a recording that it was not available so I called the one that came up on Google Maps which of course took me to a registration desk, not the hotel! once again I have now spent the better part of my 45 min lunch on the phone trying to change or cancel reservations..... PITA!

and on top of all that it cost me $7.99 to cancel the reservation! Like I said the effin story of my life!!! It's no effin wonder I drink!

Doug they cannot charge you for a reservation change. I would dispute it on your credit card if you don't get it taken off in person when we arrive. The hotel cancellation policy is anytime before 4 p.m. the day before or earlier. That is exactly what the other hotels we are staying at told me as well. And no way can they charge you a fee for changing your room rate. I have lived in many hotels for years and years in my line of work and you are obviously dealing with some type of rookie at the front desk.

Edited by Rumors

Doug they cannot charge you for a reservation change. I would dispute it on your credit card if you don't get it taken off in person when we arrive. The hotel cancellation policy is anytime before 4 p.m. that day. That is exactly what the other hotels we are staying at told me as well. And no way can they charge you a fee for changing your room rate. I have lived in many hotels for years and years in my line of work and you are obviously dealing with some type of rookie at the front desk.

Problem is that when I dialed the number from Google maps (844)255-7078, it was through a reservation company, not Super 8. When I made the reservation this morning and the guy read off the cancellation policy (in very broken English) I'm sure he told me that there would be a charge for canceling. It's my own fault but I'm getting tired of always being "that guy".

For the record, call the hotel directly @ 1-828-264-4133 for the "Team Shelby" discount.

Also note that cancellation policy for both hotels is by 4p.m. the day BEFORE arrival!

Updated first post with confirmations, we now have 10 confirmed with 11 reservations made!

Edited by stngfever

For the record, call the hotel directly @ 1-828-264-4133 for the "Team Shelby" discount.

Also note that cancellation policy for both hotels is by 4p.m. the day BEFORE arrival!

Updated first post with confirmations, we now have 10 confirmed with 11 reservations made!

:yahoo:

Agreed!!! And if you get a recording thet the Verizon number you are trying to reach is not in service, keep trying!!!

Don't do this ^ Don't be this guy..... :doh:

Doug, Kenna or Jenna who cares. The most important thing is you're in and when the cruise is over you will have many exciting stories to tell. Usually there are many about Jim and his shenanigans. :hysterical:
Don't believe anything Cliff or Scott says.
Frank, don't forget the brownies.
Jenny looking forward seeing the Devil Bunny.
It will be good to see Jeff and Vic again.

Peter, get with the program and make those reservations.. :rob_grabber:
Where is George????? :headscratch:

Also do not forget Vic and his love for chairs......

Doug, Kenna or Jenna who cares. The most important thing is you're in and when the cruise is over you will have many exciting stories to tell. Usually there are many about Jim and his shenanigans. :hysterical:
Don't believe anything Cliff or Scott says.
Frank, don't forget the brownies.
Jenny looking forward seeing the Devil Bunny.
It will be good to see Jeff and Vic again.

Peter, get with the program and make those reservations.. :rob_grabber:
Where is George????? :headscratch: