TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains 2017

stngfever

It seems to have gotten better as yesterday was showing Monday to be 80% with comments of thunderstorms developing, now says 60% chance of scattered.

Final decision in a.m. (if it stays as is or continues in the dropping direction it'll be a go for this weekend).

Keep doing the rain go away dances as it appears to be working! :worship:

It seems to have gotten better as yesterday was showing Monday to be 80% with comments of thunderstorms developing, now says 60% chance of scattered.

Final decision in a.m. (if it stays as is or continues in the dropping direction it'll be a go for this weekend).

Keep doing the rain go away dances as it appears to be working! :worship:

Boy I hope so, because I like you, I need to get away!!!

I am betting we are going to be fine since it keeps dropping percentage wise. Just like Scott, Doug and Jeff (even though Jeff hasn't been posting we talk almost daily), I need the break away also. Been a long winter up here and I am ready for some fun in the car.

50% doesn't scare me after living here in Michigan for so many years. If a storm does develop it can miss within a mile or ten away

I got this from Wikipedia so it has to be correct...

According to the U.S. National Weather Service (NWS), POP is the probability of exceedance that more than 0.01 inches (0.25 mm) of precipitation will fall in a single spot, averaged over the forecast area. This can be expressed mathematically:

· C = the confidence that precipitation will occur somewhere in the forecast area.

· A = the percent of the area that will receive measurable precipitation, if it occurs at all.

For instance, if there is a 100% probability of rain covering one half of a city, and a 0% probability of rain on the other half of the city, the POP for the city would be 50%. A 50% chance of a rainstorm covering the entire city would also lead to a POP of 50%. The POP thus usually expresses a combination of degree of confidence and geographic coverage.

Note that the POP measure is meaningless unless it is associated with a period of time. NWS forecasts commonly use POP defined over 12-hour periods (POP12), though 6-hour periods (POP6) and other measures are also published. A "daytime" POP12 means from 6 am to 6 pm.

Now you should be totally confused, or at least 75% if you have some confidence in the internet..... :headscratch:

Ummmmm, back to my scientific method of using weather.com :drop:

Still showing 40% Scattered Thunderstorms on Sunday and 60% on Monday in Various part of our planned route.

If this hold true or less by a.m., then we'll wing it and hope we're in the dry spots at the right time :victory:

Previous commentary by me was just stating the conditions for tomorrow's go-no-go :dance:

And some of our remote locations on Monday are back to showing 80% with rain developing into steady rain by afternoon, uggg :cry:

A.M. will be official decision.

Edited by stngfever

Max Meadows, VA on Monday.......The rest of the weekend looks great!

MON
MAY 1
Thunderstorms
69°54°
80%
SSW 16 mph 79%
UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET
4 of 10
6:28 am
8:12 pm
11:22 am
12:54 am
Thunderstorms likely in the morning. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 69F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Max Meadows, VA on Monday.......The rest of the weekend looks great!

MON
MAY 1
Thunderstorms
69°54°
80%
SSW 16 mph 79%
UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET
4 of 10
6:28 am
8:12 pm
11:22 am
12:54 am
Thunderstorms likely in the morning. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 69F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

So now your a weatherman??? :airquote:

Thats right you work at the airport, they know everything :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Weather for this weekend has too much volatility (particularly for our Monday trek) as such, we're moving to the rain dates.

Make sure you call the hotels to change or cancel your reservations before the cutoffs.

This is the "official" no-go for this weekend! All dates moved one week out.

Post up if you need to cancel out or move to rain date.

Scott, Cliff, and Don are in for the rain dates.

Edited by stngfever

Well, I've checked with my weather guru here, he is showing this Sunday and Monday as rain days - :sing_rain: - in the areas we are headed towards.

He did, however, indicate that the weather models are showing NEXT weekend as much dryer, (and cooler), after an expected strong front moves through on Thursday/Friday.

Sam

I would be up for a Friday afternoon departure for the Florida team. The only issue I have is that I am not sure I can make the 29th event date due to a family commitment.

I am ok with the rain date.....go figure....

Still trying resolve family commitment without ending up in the dog house for life....

GT

Now you don't have to end up in the dog house as we're onto the rain date? :victory:

I am good for the rain dates as well as going in a day early to hit the Snake as discussed. Jeff cannot make the rain dates due to a conflict at work.

Neither hotel has answered their phones yet. Those places crack me up. What a business.

That's too bad Doug, Blake and grsy. Hopefully something can change on your parts and at least join us for even one day.

I am good for the rain dates as well as going in a day early to hit the Snake as discussed. Jeff cannot make the rain dates due to a conflict at work.

Neither hotel has answered their phones yet. Those places crack me up. What a business.

That's too bad Doug, Blake and grsy. Hopefully something can change on your parts and at least join us for even one day.

Thanks for the thought but a 8 to 9 hour trip one way is pushing it for one day. Just raise a glass for me when you sit down at night for some adult beverages. :party: